If you have come across the error 0x97e107df on your Xbox, you might be here looking for solutions. Well, we will explain those solutions in this article let you use your Xbox without any hassle. So, keep reading and learn how to fix it with ease.
As you already know, Xbox is a gaming console offered by Microsoft. This special gaming console comes with plenty of features for gamers. You can play no shortage of games and its associated very useful features. In general, Xbox consoles are supposed to run very smoothly and solidly. However, at times, it can end up giving some issues for the users. In other words, even Xbox can end up experiencing various errors. Some of those errors are more common than others. With that said, 0x97e107df error is one of those common errors you may experience with Xbox gaming consoles.
Since pretty recently, we have noticed that there are several complaints from users regarding Xbox error 0x97e107df. If you visit a couple of help forums related to Xbox consoles, you can find various questions about 0x97e107df. That explains the popularity of this issue. Because of this issue, some users say that their trust related to Microsoft is damaged. Are you among the many users who have experienced this issue and looking for a solution? If that is the case, you can use this article as complete guidance. So, keep reading.
How can you fix 0x97e107df on Xbox?
Some users really want to know the possible reasons behind 0x97e107df error. In fact, this error appears when the Xbox Live Application is unable to launch a game. This situation can constantly happen if the license validation check fails due to any reason. However, the good news about it is that this error is not that serious. In fact, it can be fixed without following any complex procedure. As long as you can follow the instructions without making any mistakes, you can fix it quickly. So, be sure to follow the steps mentioned below under each fix to address 0x97e107df error.
Fix 1: Check if the Xbox Live Server is working
In some cases, 0x97e107df error can appear due to an issue associated with the server itself. That means, it can happen if the Xbox Live server is gone down due to some reason or another. If that is the case, there is nothing much you could do from your end. Instead, all you have to do is to wait for the server to get back to its normal mode. Usually, such an issue will not last that long. The administrators will take all the necessary actions to remove the error as soon as possible.
However, if you are too curious and impatient, you can head over to the Xbox Support as well. You can use their official Twitter handler and see if they have posted any updates related to their error. Their tweets can give you a general idea about when the issue will be fixed.
Apart from that, you can also see when they share the ETA for the fix. Be sure to check their server status and head over to the Xbox Live Service Status page. Then, you should see if everything’s running or not. Once you get an update from their end, you should launch the game once again. Then, you should see if the error is fixed. Anyway, if the issue is from their end, you should give it some time to be fixed. You can try their server after an hour or so and see if the issue is gone.
Fix 2: Check your network connection
If you have made sure that there is no error with the server, you should check the network connection. If there is something wrong with the connection, Xbox 0x97e107df error will appear and prevent you from playing. As you already know, this game requires an active internet connection to function properly. So, if there is something wrong with the network connection, you should try running the network diagnostic. If not, you will have to reset the MAC Address of the respective console and see how it works. You can follow the instructions given below and try to rectify the error.
To correct the network diagnostic
- First, you should hit the Xbox button and open the Guide menu to proceed.
- Then, on the appearing main menu, choose the option called “Settings.”
- Then, you should go to the All Settings option and click on the Network option as well. Once you have done that, you should go to the Network Settings option.
- Once you have reached the Troubleshooting option, you should go to the “Test Network Connection” option.
- Make sure that you wait for the process to be completed. At the completion of this process, you should check if the Xbox error 0x97e107df is gone. For many users, this should fix the error. However, if the issue is still persisting, you should reset the MAC address and get it done. You can follow the steps mentioned below to reset the MAC Address.
To reset your MAC Address
If the above solution didn’t work, let’s learn how to reset your MAC address. Mentioned below are the steps you should follow to get it done.
- First, in order to reset the MAC Address, you should press the Xbox button. That will open the Guide menu.
- Once you have done that, you should click on the Settings menu and choose All Settings.
- After that, you should go to the option called “Network tab” and choose Advanced Settings.
- Then, you should click on the Alternative MAC Address, which is followed by the Clear option.
- As the last step, you should restart your console.
- To get it done, you can go to the Guide menu and then Restart the Console. After that, select Restart.
- As a result of this, your consoles MAC address will be reset. If it can fix the error, everything is good. However, for some users, the problem may persist even after resetting the MAC Address. If that is the case, just move to the next step.
Fix 3: Logout of your account and log-on once again
Interestingly, an easy re-login to your account could fix this issue and let you play the game. Since it is a very simple process, you can try the fix without any hesitation. So, to get it done, you can follow the below steps to log out from your account.
- First, you should open the Guide menu using the Xbox button.
- You can then head over to Home and choose your account. You can get it done by highlighting your profile picture.
- Then, you should select Logout and, thereafter, restart the console using the steps below. Go to the Guide menu and choose Restart Console and select Restart.
- Once the account starts, you can enter your credentials and login together with your account. Once you have done that, you can check if the Xbox error 0x97e107df has been fixed or not. If it is not fixed yet, you can move to the next fix.
Fix 4: Reset your Xbox Console
If any of the above methods were not able to rectify 0x97e107df error, just try this one. As per this fix, you should perform a hard reset on the console to fix the error. As a result, you will be able to clear all the cache, temporary data files, trash, and dump files. Also, it will clear up the other residual files that are stored. Mentioned below are the steps to perform this fix.
- First, press and hold the console power button for 8-10 seconds. As a result, your Xbox console will be closed.
- Wait for a couple of moments. Then, power it back on. You can now see a green start-up screen, indicating the reset was successful.
- Now, go ahead and launch the game once again.
- Check if the error is gone.
Bottomline About How to Fix 0x97e107df Error
So, that’s how to fix 0x97e107df error. At least one of the above methods should fix the 0x97e107df error as we believe. Do you know any other ways of fixing this issue? If so, please let us know, so that it will be useful for our readers. Also, please leave us a comment below, and we appreciate your contribution.