The blue screen of death error can be a massive problem for any computer user. Every BSOD error shares different codes coated with the same message. 0xc000021a code is no different. It shares all the elements of BSOD error, but the solution for this error will be different compared to other BSOD errors. In this article, you are going to know everything there is to know about 0xc000021a BSOD error and how to stop this error from popping up on your screen to prevent it from ever happening on your computer.
Know More About 0xc000021a BSOD Error in Windows 10/8
Computer errors can be too annoying if you don’t know what you are dealing with. Some errors in the computer would have information about them, which will let the user know what kind of problem it is and how to deal with it. Errors like the isdone.dll error let the user know that there is a missing file in the computer, that has to be addressed first to fix the problem, but there are other errors that you will encounter in a computer, they will be completely different than the errors that you have accustomed to. These errors will give out less information as possible on the surface. Dealing with these errors requires having the right tool and knowledge to fix them.
If you are a newcomer to the whole computing business. Small problems such as this will take in a much bigger shape in the future. One of the errors is 0xc000021a, by just plain observation, you can tell it gives out as little as possible to the surface. But like every error on a computer. This one has quite a lot of information hiding behind it. And the only way to solve 0xc000021a is by knowing what kind of value it carries within it. One of the reasons why you are seeing 0xc000021a error is because of the windows updates.
While the reasons behind this error are plenty, some reports have shown this error for being part of the internal failure of hardware mechanics inside the computer. And other reports show this as the windows features being overblown to another level. The constant updates provided by Microsoft sometimes make the matter much worse. The staying power and the origins of this 0xc000021a vary from one report to another. If you don’t deal with this problem sooner, you will see this error holding a tighter grip on your internal system.
0xc000021a can cause plenty of problems on a computer. While it appears to be minor but in some cases, this error has gone up to the BSOD level of threat. That is why immediate action should be taken to fix the error as fast as possible. Otherwise, you might ruin the internal structure of the OS. This would lead to the corruption of all of your data inside the system.
In some cases, the error still shows signs even after a restart and is able to withstand the system restore. Now that we know what it can do in the system learn why 0xc000021a happens in the system.
PS: Here is everything about Device Association Framework Provider Host for your reference. And get to know how to block wisptis.exe and how to fix the volume does not contain a recognized file system.
Reasons to 0xc000021a Error
Although there are plenty of reasons why this error takes place inside the computer, the main reason for this error points to the windows update. Many users face this error after the windows update, and they immediately get hit with the blue screen of death with the code 0xc000021a. Reports have shown two files on the computer can lead to 0xc000021a. These two files being: winlogon.exe, csrss.exe.
- Winlogon.exe – As the name suggests, it handles the login and logout features of the windows. Which is the first that gets started upon turning on the computer? That is why this file has more chances to get damaged due to the mismatch of system files and third-party software. If this file gets damaged, then it will prevent you from entering your pc because this .exe controls the login features of the computer.
- Csrss.exe – This file belongs to the Microsoft server. There is no way you can disable it because it is part of the whole windows system.
Luckily there is a fix to this problem. The blue screen of death error can be a little more than persistent since we know what the exact cause of this error is, we can get deep into the root cause of this error, and take out the problem from there.
Solutions for 0xc000021a Error
Follow the methods below to fix 0xc000021a on your computer. Some methods will be a little complex, but if you follow all the steps, then you will have a computer without any 0xc000021a error at the end.
Also, if you wish to know how to factory reset Windows 10 without a password or how to fix the 0x80041003 Error on Windows, here are the top solutions for you.
Method 1: Repair
If the files in the system are corrupted, then you can always opt-out to repair the errors from your system while you have the function to perform a manual repair on all of the drives inside your computer.
- Right-click on the drive, then go on the properties. Click ‘Tools and features.’ Here you will find the error repair section and defragmentation. Click on the ‘error checking‘ to fix
- If there is a problem with your drive, then the scanning of error would end with a message saying ‘Windows has found an error on the drive‘ and a button ‘Repair.’
- Click on ‘Repair‘ to fix the problem.
If this way of dealing with the error doesn’t work out for you, then you can choose download Reimage Plus, which is a specially designed software, that is created to fix the errors on a computer. Once you downloaded the software, you can click on ‘scan‘ to find the potential errors inside the system. Then hit ‘Repair.’ This will completely erase your computer from this error.
Method 2: Booting Windows Manually
To solve 0xc000021a out of your system, you have to boot your windows manually. You can do that by force drivers to have signature disabled options inside the Advanced boot options. While it may sound easy, and it is, you have to follow a few steps to achieve it. To do all of this, you have to enter your computer into safe mode.
- To enter the safe mode on the computer, you can open up run inside your computer. Here you can type in ‘Msconfig‘. From here you can move to the ‘Boot‘ tab, here you will see boot options listed below. You can choose from safe boot minimal to the network once you click on the checkbox. Then it will ask you to restart your computer.
- Hold the shift key and click on the restart; this will take you to the safe mode.
- When you launch the safe mode in windows 10, you will see three options – Continue, Troubleshoot, Turn off your PC.
- Select the Troubleshoot
- Here you will see three more options – Refresh your PC, Reset Your PC, Advanced options.
- Choose Advanced Options. After selecting the advance options. You will see a bunch of things on the advance option page; here you have to select the Startup Settings.
- When you are inside the startup settings, you will see a lot of options. Here you have to pick disable driver signature enforcement. This will reset your PC with the 0xc000021a error fixed in your system.
Method 3: SFC scan
If the method above doesn’t solve your problem, then you can try to do an SFC scan on the whole system.
- First, open up your Command Prompt with administrative privileges.
- Once you are here, just simply type in the ‘SFC /scannow‘ command. And then press ‘enter‘ to start the process.
If you have never used SFC before in a system, it stands for system file check. It will find the system files and repair them afterward. It’s completely safe and provides a good level of health check up on the integral software aspect of the computer.
Method 4: CMOS
You can take out the CMOS battery to reset the BIOS on the motherboard. Make sure to remove all the cables from the system before removing the CMOS.
Method 5: Repair
The computer is packed with a lot of functions that can help you solve any problem that you have with it. To fix the 0xc000021a, you can always opt-out to do a simple check-up.
- Open up the safe mode, then navigate your way to the command prompt button. Then type in the drive letter. ‘C:‘
- Then type in chkdsk /C
- Once the scan is completed, your errors will be fixed.
Method 6: Deleting the Corrupted Files
If your computer has too many files affected by 0xc000021a, then windows access to essential registry hive files is potentially damaged. If that is the case, the only solution to this problem is replacing the older corrupted registry hive files with the back. And if you are facing a 0xc000021a error code on your system, that means you won’t get the computer to open, every time you do the BSOD error will show its error message on the screen. This means you have to do it the old-fashioned way, the one that doesn’t require you work with the graphical user interface, that’s right, the command prompt in the windows recovery environment.
To get to the windows recovery environment, you need to get a windows installation disk or USB drive containing all the necessary files of the same windows version installed on the computer.
Follow the methods below to repair the registry files on your computer.
- Insert the Windows installation disk or USB to the infected computer (0xc000021a error)
- Restart the computer, as the computer boots up, get to the BIOS setting. Here you can configure the boot priority method; you can switch between the CD or HDD or from the USB. Save the changes then exit the BIOS.
- When you exit the BIOS, the computer will restart again, but this time instead of trying to load the windows that are installed on the computer it will load the windows files inside your USB driver (whatever you set on the BIOS setting)
- Click on install now, then click on Repair your computer at the bottom left corner of the window.
- This would take you to the startup option. Click on troubleshoot to open the CMD.
- In the CMD, type in – cd windows\system32\config. Then press enter.
- Then type in dir into the cmd, then hit enter. The cmd will display all the files that are in the directory.
- Here you can type in – ren(filename) (filename).old . For example ren SECYRUTY SECURITY.old.
- Type in cd RegBack on cmd and then copy /Y SOFTWARE, copy /Y SAM, and copy /Y SYSTEM to finish the process.
By the way, here are the top methods to fix the 0x8007001f Windows update error you should check out.
0xc000021a can be very persistent on the computer. But it is removable and preventable. Just follow all the methods mentioned above to fix the problem. If you see a BSOD error on your computer that is different from this error, you can use these methods to fix it. You don’t have to stick to the error 0xc000021a every single day; this will potentially harm the computer in the long run.