AddROM is a special tool developed with the purpose of bypassing android FRP locks. If you wonder how to use this tool, read this article and learn about it. Moreover, we explain excellent alternatives to addROM so you can get the job done in a more effective manner.
Why do you need tools like addROM?
Google has introduced powerful and handy features to protect the data of Android users. One of those measures is FRP (Factory Reset Protection). This feature is included in Android 5.1 (Lollipop) and newer operating systems. The devices that have this feature will request the Google account’s password upon attempting a factory reset. Because of this feature, your devices cannot be reset by a third-party unless they know the credentials. There is no doubt about the usefulness of this feature. However, the major drawback associated with this method is that it can make things very complicated at certain occasions. For instance, think about an instance on which you have purchased a preowned Android device. What if you want to factory reset the device, but you don’t know the password of its Google account? Or, what if you have simply forgotten your Google account’s password, and there is no way to recall it? If you have met any of the above instances, you will get frustrated.
It is true that FRP makes it very difficult to factory reset an Android device. However, that doesn’t mean it is impossible to unlock it. Tools like addROM come into play when you need to get through the FRP but don’t know the password. So, basically, addROM is a tool that helps Android users to bypass their device’s FRP lock.
Part 1: How to use addROM to bypass Google FRP
Now, let’s learn how to use this special tool and bypass your Android device’s FRP lock. In fact, addROM is an online tool that allows you to use its features without installing any software. There are different versions associated with this tool, and they are compatible with different Android versions. In other words, this tool comes with different versions associated with Android 5,6,7 and even 8.
For instance, does your Android device have an operating system newer than 5.1 (Lollipop)? If so, you should download the APK created for the respective version. None of the other APK versions will work on the device. Once you have bypassed the FRP through addROM, you can reset the device and reconfigure it. Moreover, you can register it under a new Google account.
What are the drawbacks associated with addROM?
AddROM is indeed a pretty handy tool that comes with good features. However, this tool has some notable drawbacks which you may need to consider before using it.
- AddROM works based on a website, and it is not updated for a pretty long period.
- AddROM website doesn’t have any APK version for Android 10.0 as of this writing. That means, there is no way to use addROM to bypass FRP if your device runs on Android 9.0.
- They offer only the bypass APK. However, they don’t offer any guidance when it comes to installing it. For pretty much all the Android users, the installation is likely to be pretty complicated.
- They don’t offer any support as well. If you install your addROM on your device in a wrong manner, it might get stuck. Fixing the device from that point onwards should be figured out without any support.
Part 2. What’re the best addROM alternatives to bypass Google FRP Lock?
Now that you know, there are some drawbacks and uncertainty looming in about addROM. Are there any alternatives to try. Compared to addROM, iMyFone LockWiper (Android) and Tenorshare 4uKey (Android) are excellent tools that come with greater reliability and superb functionality. There are plenty of other reasons for us to consider these tools as the best in this business.
So, here we explain how to use both of these professional tools and remove your FRP.
Method 01: iMyFone LockWiper
Basically, LockWiper is a very powerful tool that can remove FRP lock from your Android device without the password. Compared to tools like addROM, using LockWiper is incredibly simpler. In this case, you should connect your Android device with a USB cable to the PC. Then, you’ll have to follow the steps carefully. As a result, you will get your device’s FRP lock bypassed.
Features of iMyFone LockWiper
Now, let’s learn some of the most notable features associated with iMyFone LockWiper for your information.
- It can remove the Google FRP lock from any Android device.
- It gives you complete access to your Android device without restrictions.
- You can reconfigure the device without using the Google lock verification.
- The success rate of iMyFone LockWiper is exceptionally high.
- It gives the fullest support for all the Android versions, with Android 9.0 as well.
Why do we recommend LockWiper (Android)?
- Well, any individual can use the tool because it doesn’t require you to grasp any programming knowledge.
- Your device’s FRP will be completely removed from the device. Then, you can use all of its features.
- LockWiper completely removes the device from the Google account. That is advanced than bypassing.
- They update the tool very frequently. Regardless of the version of the device, it will work perfectly.
- They offer free technical support. You may contact their support whenever you have any inquiries.
- Although it is not completely free, you can try it using the free trial and check if your device supports the software or not.
How to bypass Android FRP using LockWiper (Android)
In order to bypass Android FRP, you can use LockWiper (Android) using the following methods.
- First, you should download and install iMyFone LockWiper on your computer. Then, launch the software and click on the option called “Remove Google Lock (FRP).” Then, please tap on the Start button. After that, you should connect the respective device to the same computer.
- Now, choose the device name. After that, select the information like PDA, Carrier, and country.
- Then, you should hit “Download” to proceed.
- Please note that LockWiper will download the data package pertaining to your device. Once it is completed, you should click on “Start to Extract.” Once the extraction is completed, LockWiper will install the data package automatically.
- Now, you should follow the instructions and launch USB debugging. Also, you should open OEM unlocking on your device.
- Now, you should reset the device by following the instructions. Then, put the device in Downloading mode. Just wait for the firmware package to be downloaded.
- At the completion of the download, hit the option “Start to Extract.” Then, you should wait for LockWiper (Android) to bypasses the FRP. It will only take a couple of minutes. So, just wait.
Well, this is the second professional tool, and it can do the job done without any hassle. This tool is compatible with all Android devices. The features of this tool are very convenient to handle. Even if you are a novice individual, you can use this tool effortlessly and bypass FRP in minutes. The interface of this tool is very friendly. In addition to that, it offers greater reliability compared to an online tool like addROM. With that said, let’s take a look at the steps on how to use this program.
- First, download Tenorshare 4uKey on your computer and install it. Then, connect the device you intend to unlock the same computer using a USB cable. After that, launch the program and choose the option called “Remove Google Lock (FRP).”
- In the panel that appears on the next screen, click on “Start.” After that, you should select the device’s name and hit “Next.”
- Then, you should provide the required PDA information regarding the device. For instance, you will have to enter the country of manufacture, the name of the Carrier, and so on.
- Once you have done that, just click on “Next” so 4uKey will verify the info. If you have put the information properly, just click ‘Confirm‘ and proceed.
- Now, you should put the device into Download Mode. Then, you should get the firmware downloaded for this procedure. It will be detected by the software, so just confirm it by pressing “Download.”
- Now, you should complete the installation process of the firmware. Then, put the device into Recovery Mode. 4uKey has the ability to detect the firmware immediately. Then, it will start unlocking the respective Google account.
That’s it. The entire process will take not more than 10 minutes.
Also, let’s find out How to Unlock Android Device Manager with ease.
If addROM has not worked, try any of the above-mentioned professional tools. Both Tenorshare 4uKey and iMyFone LockWiper should get the job done for you easily. Both of those tools are excellent alternatives to the addROM. However, they come with a much greater success rate compared to addROM.