Just like any technology system, Android comes with its own set of issues. The most common issue is the ‘android.process.media has stopped‘ error. If you are one of those who have encountered this error recently, then you have come to the right place. Still, there are many people who have no idea about what this error means. We will try to give information about this error, so don’t stick to this article till the end.
In this article, we will brief you about the causes of the ‘android.process.media has stopped‘ error as well as ways to fix the error. The techniques mentioned in the article are safe to implement.
There are multiple causes of this error. The Android .process.media has stopped error can show up frequently. It is essential to note that this error can appear due to many reasons. The common causes of this error are listed below.
Causes of ‘Android.process.media has stopped’ error
- A firmware that has failed to upgrade can cause this error.
- Movement of 1 custom ROM to a different ROM can result in the Android .process.media has stopped error.
- Using Titanium Backup to restore applications is a big cause of this error.
- Virus attacks can result in Android .process.media has stopped error.
- A few applications failure, such as media storage and download manager, can result in the error.
Besides, click here to know how to find Android Phone Repair Near Me.
Part 2: Create a backup of Android data using dr.fone- Phone Backup and Restore (Android)
It is quite feasible to create a backup of Android data before fixing any issue. If you secure your data before, you will not have to worry about it getting lost while fixing any issues. Use the dr.fone-Phone Backup and Restore tool to create a backup of Android data.
dr.fone – Phone Backup (Android)
It is a powerful tool to create a backup of Android data efficiently. Dr.fone-Backup & Restore is a trusted source that will keep the data secure.
Features of dr.fone – Phone Backup
- Works with more than 8000 Android devices
- No loss of data while exporting, restoring or creating a backup
- Backup of Android data into PC with just a few clicks
- Preview of backup as well as restore it to whichever Android devices you wish to
Steps to create a backup
1. Download and install dr.fone- Phone Backup & Restore. After the complete installation of this program, run it.
2. Now, link the Android device to your PC. Ensure that the device gets recognized by the PC. Select the ‘Phone Backup‘ button.
3. As soon as your Android device appears on the screen, check on the box of the backup type that you want. Now, tap on the ‘Backup‘ option to start.
The remaining process will be handled by the program.
In this section, we will acquaint you with four techniques to fix ‘Android.process.media has stopped’ error. Every technique is classified into steps to give you a clear understanding of the whole technique.
Technique 1: Fix ‘Android.Process.Media has stopped error’ via ReiBoot for Android in 1-click
Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android is a free, fast, and simple-to-operate software that claimed to be activated in just 1-click. This professional tool can fix more than 60 issues on your Android smartphones, including ‘Android.Process.Media has stopped error’, app crashes, black screen, stuck the Samsung logo, and more.
- Support more than 600 Android tablets and smartphones
- You can get a peek in its benefits and advantages by using its free trial version
- Cater various Android gadgets in a wide range of carriers and provides
- Only $25.95 will upgrade your free trial version to pro version for the whole suite of rewards
- Quickly fix ‘Android.Process.Media has stopped error’ via Tenorshare ReiBoot
Step 1. Free download and launch it. Then connect your Android to the computer.
Step 2. ReiBoot will detect your Android phone automatically, and then tap on the correct software info under About Device/Phone.
Step 3. Now, click Build Number seven times.
Step 4. You will go to the ReiBoot page and select the One-Click option to the Enter Recovery Mode.
Step 5. Now, ReiBoot will put your Android into recovery mode. Please select a reboot system, and then your phone will be restart & the ‘Android.Process.Media has stopped error’ will be fixed.
Technique 2: dr.fone – System Repair (Android) to fix Android.Process.Media has stopped error
This tool is the most efficient tool to repair the error. It ensures a safe and secure procedure to fix Android.process.media has stopped error.
Features of dr.fone – System Repair (Android)
- The first tool in the industry to repair Android in a click without the loss of data
- Detailed instructions are provided to ensure an easy process. No requirement of technical skills
- Repairs various issues, such as UI not functioning, the device won’t switch on, and black screen
- Works with the latest Samsung devices, such as Galaxy S8 and SP, among others
Steps to use dr.fone – System Repair (Android)
Here are the steps to repair the error.
1. Connect the Android device
Download and launch the tool on the PC. Now, select the ‘System Repair‘ option from the main screen.
Connect the Android device using a USB cable. Select the ‘Android Repair‘ option among the three options. On the interface of device information, do not forget to choose the right information. Then, confirm your actions and tap on the ‘Next‘ option.
Confirming will delete all the data from the device, so in order to confirm this, enter ‘000000‘ to continue further.
2. Fix the device during Download mode
You will be required to boot the device and put it in download mode. Click on the ‘Next‘ button to begin the download process of the firmware. The download process takes some time to finish.
We hope that now you won’t panic if you come across this error. The Android.process.media has stopped error is not a big issue and can be easily fixed. In case this technique doesn’t work on the PC or any other unforeseen trouble, then you can reset the factory settings on the device. That will fix the error, and your device will function smoothly.
Technique 3: Disable media storage to fix Android.Process.Media has stopped
Another technique to fix the Android.process.media has stopped error is to disable media storage on the device.
Steps to use this technique
1. Search media storage application
Click on the ‘Application Manager‘ option in Settings. Look for a ‘Menu‘ button and choose the ‘Show system.’ Now you need to scroll to look for media storage option.
2. Disable media storage
Select ‘Disable‘ to stop media storage fully. Then, go on to see if you still face the Android.process.media has stopped error.
In case your issue is not fixed by this technique, move on to another technique. It might solve the error quickly.
This technique is quite simple. You can easily follow the steps even if you don’t have technical skills. Try this method to see if the error gets fixed.
Technique 4: Update the Firmware to Fix Android.Process.Media has stopped
In case you forgot to update the Operating System (OS) for a longer period, do it right away. Certain applications do not function if you do not update the OS.
Steps to perform this technique
1. Find update settings in Android
Firstly, link the device to a good Wi-Fi connection. Launch the ‘Settings‘ application and select the ‘About Device‘ option.
Firstly, click on the ‘Software Update‘ option and then select ‘Update,’ ‘System Firmware Update,’ and ‘Software Update.’
2. Install a recent Android Operating System (OS)
Select the ‘Check for updates‘ option and click on the recent update of Android. Tap on the ‘Update‘ option and choose ‘Install’ to get the recent Android version on the device.
Technique 5: Analyze Google Sync and media storage
If the above technique doesn’t work for your device, then try this method.
Steps to use this technique
1. Stop Google synchronization
Select the ‘Accounts and Personal‘ option in Settings. Uncheck every option listed inside ‘Google Sync.’
2. Disable Media Storage
Open the ‘Settings‘ in your device. Click on ‘Apps‘ and then turn it to ‘All Apps.’ Scroll down and tap on the ‘Media Storage‘ option. Click on ‘Clear data‘ and hit the ‘Disable‘ button.
3. Repair Android.process.media has stopped issue
Repeat the steps mentioned above to clear data and disable Download Manager too. Then, reboot the device. Hold the power button to reboot the device.
We hope that this technique solves your issue. However, if it doesn’t help, there is no need to worry. We have other ways to help you resolve the Android .process.media has stopped error.
Technique 6: Reset App Preferences to Fix Android.Process.Media has stopped
Other than the above four techniques, we have another addition to the list. You can repair the issue by resetting app preferences.
Steps to reset the Application Preferences
1. Access every Android application
Head to the ‘Settings‘ option and then choose ‘Application Manager.’ You might other options depending on the device you are using.
2. Reset app preferences on the Android device
Select the three dots menu sign. Choose the ‘Reset App Preferences‘ option to get the applications back into the original phase automatically.
Isn’t it quite easy to follow these steps? You don’t need to be a technology geek to fix this issue.
Technique 7: Clear Cache & Clear Data
The last technique to repair Android.process.media has stopped error is by clearing the cache and data.
Steps to Clear Cache and Clear Data
1. Clear Cache and Clear Data on the Google Services Framework
Select the ‘Settings‘ option. Open ‘Applications‘ and hit the ‘Manage Applications‘ button. You need to ensure that you turned the ‘All‘ tab.
Find ‘Google Services Framework‘ and click ‘Clear Data and Cache.’
2. Clear cache and clear data on Play Store
Repeat the same steps to clear data and clear cache on Play Store. Now, head back to the Google Services Framework and hit on the ‘Force Stop‘ option, ‘Clear Cache‘ button, and then ‘OK.’
3. Reboot the Android device
Run Play Store from applications drawer. Hit the ‘OK‘ option when you notice that the issue has been solved. Select the power button and hold it to allow rebooting the device.
So, with this last technique, we wrap up our article. These fine techniques will surely solve the Android.process.media has stopped error. If you still face this issue, we recommend you to show it to an expert and get it resolved.
We hope that now you are well aware of the Android.process.media has stopped error and its solutions. If you have any other queries or doubts, let us know in the comment section below. Feel free to share your experience after trying these methods. We will surely read it. Thanks for reading the article.