The error ‘Apple ID does not exist‘ can occur due to many reasons. Have you tried to sign out your Apple ID and download a new iOS application? Or tried to access the App Store? While doing so, you will be redirected to Apple’s login screen with a message flashing ‘Apple ID does not exist.’ From there starts an unending loop of the phone and iforgot.apple.com site, where both say that the Apple ID does not exist. This issue can be resolved simply and quickly. Let’s look at some of the reasons you face ‘Apple ID does not exist‘ and different methods to resolve the problem.
Part 1: Reasons Why You Face ‘Apple ID Does Not Exist’
The potential reasons why you struggle with the error ‘Apple ID does not exist’ could be as follows:
- The very common reason behind the error ‘Apple ID does not exist’ is when you employ a secondary email ID rather than the primary one with your Apple account. Sometimes, Apple will only recognize the Apple ID if you sign in using the primary account linked to the Apple account.
- When your Apple account is compromised, then you may face this issue. This happens when someone tries to access your Apple account, sign in, or change the Apple ID for ensuring that you could not sign back in. This even applies when your iPod/iPad/iPhone gets stolen or lost and resold.
- When you own a jailbroken iPhone, you will come across this issue. This error pops up when you use or have installed pirated applications.
- If you have changed the Apple ID account without logging out of all the devices.
Part 2: How to Resolve ‘Apple ID Does Not Exist’
If it is possible, users can try to reset the password, cross-check their email, and find the accurate Apple ID. However, as the Apple ID does not exist, it is best to delete that Apple ID from the device without a password.
Solution 1: Delete Apple ID Without A Password to Fix ‘Apple ID Does Not Exist’
When you come across the ‘Apple ID does not exist’ issue or the email ID is not the Apple ID, it is best to delete that Apple ID from the iPod/iPad/iPhone. Users can do this frustrating task with the help of an unlocking tool called iMyFone LockWiper. Using this tool, users can get rid of the Apple ID from their devices without losing any data or requiring a password. To carry out this task, it is not even necessary if the Find My iPhone’ feature is enabled.
Unique Characteristics of iMyFone LockWiper:
- The tool fixes the ‘Apple ID does not exist’ issue immediately.
- With LockWiper, you can unlock or remove Apple ID without a password. Enjoy all the features of the Apple ID without even resetting the password at all times!
- Users can employ the device as they like, whether ‘Find My iPhone’ is turned off/on or if your phone could access Apple services.
- With LockWiper, users can change the Apple ID or even make a fresh one.
- On iOS devices running on iOS 10.2-iOS 11.4, the tool removes Apple ID, while the data on the device remains intact.
- For users who purchased a used or second-hand iOS device, this tool stops the phone from being erased, blocked, or tracked by an earlier Apple ID.
Steps to fix ‘Apple ID does not exist’ with iMyFone LockWiper:
Step 1: First, download LockWiper and then launch the app. Select ‘Unlock Apple ID‘ option and connect the phone to the system with a USB cable. After unlocking your screen, tap on ‘Trust‘ if a pop-up asks for trusting the computer.
Step 2: The tool will show off a new display for unlocking the Apple ID. Here, you will see an option called ‘Start to Unlock.’ Click on this tab.
Step 3: If the feature ‘Find My iPhone‘ is disabled on your device, then your phone will be immediately unlocked without needing more effort from your side.
If this feature is enabled on the device, then you have to reset all the settings on your device first. For doing this, go to ‘Settings‘ and then click on ‘General.’ From there, select ‘Reset All Settings‘, and then, the application will handle the rest.
After you have gotten rid of the Apple ID, you can opt for making a fresh Apple ID. Or else, just set the account using a different available ID. Using iMyFone LockWiper, you would not struggle with the ‘Apple ID does not exist‘ or ‘Apple ID email not available‘ error again.
Solution 2: Employ the Apple Website for Recovering your Apple ID
Although you can use this method to fix ‘Apple ID does not exist,’ this method features a lot of limitations. So, take a look at some of these limitations below:
- Users should know the recovery email ID that they have linked to the Apple ID
- Users need to reset their password if they do not remember it anymore
- This solution does not tell if the Apple ID has been conceded. Also, it does not enable users to change their Apple ID completely. Earlier, this solution was used to find out about the Apple ID.
If you have signed in to the Apple device long before and cannot recall which ID you employed for that account, you can recover the Apple ID by going to iforgot.apple.com. To recover the Apple ID, follow the instructions given below.
Steps to fix ‘Apple ID does not exist’:
Step 1: First, visit iforgot.apple.com on your device and then tap on the link ‘Look it up‘ present below the Apple ID insert box.
Step 2: When a new window appears on the screen, put in your first and last name along with your recovery email ID that you linked to your Apple ID that you want to recover.
Step 3: If the above step does not work, repeat this process until you enter the right email address. Once you have entered the correct ID, the site will provide you with the Apple ID. Now, you can reset your password if you do not remember it.
Solution 3: Take assistance from AppleCare customer support
You can use this method for fixing the ‘Apple ID does not exist’ issue. However, it also comes with some limitations, which include:
- Require to wait for some time to have access to the information
- Have to make a call, where your problem is not resolved immediately
- There could be a problem if you couldn’t recall your original email linked to the Apple ID
Steps to fix the issue with Apple Support:
Step 1: Visit getsupport.apple.com and choose your device.
Step 2: Next, choose ‘Apple ID‘ from the given options, such as iPad, Apple Watch, Air Pods, Mac, iPhone, Apple ID, Apps, etc.
Step 3: Select the topic ‘Other Apple ID‘ and look for ‘Get a Copy of Your Apple ID Data.’
Step 4: Now, select an option from manage the Apple ID or make a call to Apple Support depending on your preference.
Also, you can even access Apple Support on the official Apple Support page on Twitter.
Solution 4: Find the Apple ID in iCloud or App Store
The only limitation of this solution is that it might not work as while trying to access iCloud or App Store, the ‘Apple ID does not exist’ error may show up. Here, you have to find the Apple ID by checking if you have signed in somewhere else, either in iCloud or App Store.
Use iCloud: Visit ‘Settings‘ and click on your display name. If your device is running on iOS 10.2 or older, then click on ‘Settings‘ and then. Select the option ‘iCloud.’
Use the App Store and iTunes: Visit ‘Settings‘ and choose ‘iTunes & App Store.’ Now, you will be able to see your Apple ID.
Part 3: What Situations Trigger the Error ‘Apple ID Does Not Exist’?
For many users, when the error ‘Apple ID does not exist,’ they enter a never-ending loop of putting in their Apple ID password only to come across this frustrating error. Even with the correct email, the device is failed to recognize your Apple ID. So, here are some common scenarios you may come across:
- On downloading or updating an application, you have to enter your Apple ID password. And on doing so, you face the ‘Apple ID does not exist’ issue.
- On unlocking your device, you are constantly required to put in the Apple ID. And on checking the email that you linked to the account, the website says, “Apple ID does not exist.”
- When you do not know your Apple ID password, you try to reset it. However, you will come across the error ‘Apple ID does not exist.’
- When your Apple ID is not the one you think it is, you decide to change your Apple ID to another email, but all you see is this frustrating error.
Also, if you wish to know how to activate iPhone without SIM, click to read more.
So, these are some solutions you can use to get rid of the error ‘Apple ID does not exist.’ All you have to do is to check which Apple ID your device is referencing, which email is linked to it, and then remove that Apple ID or just reset the password. The best way to eliminate this issue is to remove your Apple ID with the help of iMyFone LockWiper. Download the software and try out its amazing features for free.