Are you reading this article because you want to know how to fix Ark Fatal Error? Well, the rest of this article will explain everything related to this error and practical solutions to it. So, please keep reading and learn how to fix it.
What can trigger Ark Fatal Error?
In general, Ark Fatal Error is likely to be the result of faulty or missing game files. Those missing files should be redownloaded immediately. You can get it done simply by verifying the integrity of game files. In addition to that, the same issue can trigger because of the game optimization done by GeForce Experience.
Apart from that, the outdated drivers can be a reason for this issue too. And, you should update those drivers as soon as you get the chance. That is highly required if you want to prevent further problems related to the game. Moreover, the same issue can be fixed by playing the game in compatibility mode.
If your game keeps crashing and popups keep appearing with the Ark Fatal Error message, what can you do? Well, many individuals say that they have tried a variety of methods of different complexities but not succeeded. If you fall into this category & hope to learn the most practical methods, just try the below-mentioned fixes.
We have listed down several options for your convenience. In fact, you don’t have to try all those steps. Instead, just try one by one, and you can stop whenever one method works for you.
Method 1: How to fix Ark Fatal Error by verifying the integrity of the game files?
Please follow below to verify the integrity of the game files. In fact, this is a very simple yet useful fix for Steam games. As you may know, broken and missing files can cause Ark Fatal Error. With this fix, you can redownload files to fix crashes.
- First, you should Run Steam.
- Then, in the library, you should locate Ark and right-click on the game.
- After that, click Properties.
- Now, on the local files tab, you should click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You can close Steam and relaunch Ark now.
Method 2: Fix Ark Fatal Error by turning off the Steam Game overlay
You should know that the Steam overlay can be regarded as a part of the Steam user interface. The purpose of using it is to allow accessing friend lists, use a browser, and other in-game DLC purchasing. Although this feature is highly useful, in certain cases, it can cause errors, including Ark Fatal Error. In that case, please just simply disable it and check if it could solve the error.
- Start by running Steam.
- Go to the LIBRARY and locate Ark.
- Right-click on the game and then click Properties.
- Now, in the General tab, just uncheck the option called Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
- Now, you should close Steam and then launch Ark. You can check if the error is gone.
Method 3: Reduce the pings value
As we have realized, Ark Fatal Error can appear due to ping values as well. You can lower the ping values so it may solve it.
- First, you should run Steam. Then, click on Steam, which is located on the left-toper corner.
- Now, go to “Settings.”
- After that, please choose the option called the In-Game tab. Then, go to the In-Game server browser: Max pings/ minute.
- After that, you should choose a lower value in the drop-down.
- Click on OK.
- Then, close Steam and relaunch Ark.
Method 4: Update the drivers of your graphics unit
According to our findings, Ark Fatal Error can happen due to driver issues as well. Specifically, if you are using wrong graphic drivers or an outdated driver, this issue can trigger. So, the best solution is to update the drivers. Anyway, updating the drivers is good for your performance of the PC.
You can get it done manually or even automatically. Obviously, the latter is better.
01. Downloading the drivers manually
First, let’s go to the official website of the manufacturer. Then, find the corresponding drivers to match the version of your Windows OS. Then, download those drivers one by one and install them. You should follow the onscreen instructions to get it installed.
02. Download or update video card drivers automatically
If you hardly have any time to download the drivers manually, you should try this method. In this case, we will be using a special tool called Driver Easy to download the drivers. This tool will scan your PC for potential driver-related errors. Then, it will search for the most appropriate version of the drivers and get them downloaded automatically. You don’t have to worry about the version of your OS or visiting the manufacturer’s website. Also, this method eliminates the risk of making mistakes while downloading drivers.
Driver Easy comes in two versions; Free and Pro. If you use the Pro version, you can download and update all the drivers using two clicks. However, with the free version of Driver Easy, you have to install them one by one. Their pro version is offered with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Mentioned below is the simple guide on how to get it done.
- First, download Driver Easy and install it on your computer.
- Then, you should launch Driver Easy and click on the option called “Scan Now.” Then, Driver Easy will scan the PC and detect potentially problematic drivers.
- Now, you should click on the button labeled “Update.” It is located next to the driver. This will install the correct driver on the PC. Likewise, you should do it on the other drivers as well if you use a free version. However, if you use the pro version, you should click on “Update All” only. All the drivers will be automatically updated to the latest in that case.
- Once the drivers are updated, just launch the game and see if it works.
Method 5: Update the game
If the issue is still persisting, please try updating the game and check if it works. Once the game is updated to the latest version, that will fix the problem.
Method 6: If there is any hardware acceleration, disable it
If none of the above methods have worked for you, try this one as well. Do you have web browsers running in the background with Ark running? If so, you should try to turn off the hardware acceleration. Then, test the game to see if it works. Mentioned below is the step-by-step guide on how to get it done with Chrome.
- First, you should run Google Chrome.
- Then, you should click on those three dots button in the right-upper corner.
- Then, click on the option called Settings.
- Now, scroll down and click on “Advanced.”
- When you are under the System option, turn off the option called “Use hardware acceleration when available.”
- Now, you should launch Ark and see if the crash has disappeared or not.
Method 7: Run the game in Compatibility mode for Windows 7
Here’s another method to use if none of the above has worked for you so far. If you experience Ark Fatal Error on Windows 8 or 10, try to run it in the compatibility mode for Windows 7. This could be ideal because the OS was pretty common during that time. Mentioned below is the simple guide about how to get it done.
- Is it possible to locate the game’s installation folder manually? If so, you can locate the game’s executable as well. The most convenient way is to right-click the game’s shortcut located on the Desktop. Then, you should choose Properties from the menu. If not, you can search for ARK in the Start menu. Then, right-click the first result. Then, you should choose “Open file location.” After that, you can choose Properties from its menu.
- If you have installed it through Steam, simply open its shortcut on the Desktop. If not, you can do it after searching for it in the Start menu.
- Once the Steam is opened, go to the Library tab through the Steam window. Then, you should locate the ARK: Survival Evolved entry in the list.
- Now, you should perform a right-click on the game’s icon. Then, choose the Properties option from the context menu. You can then navigate to the Local Files tab, which is located in the Properties window. After that, you should click on the button labeled Browse Local Files.
- When you are inside the ARK Folder, go to ShooterGame and locate Binaries. Then, go to Win64 and right-click the ShooterGame.exe file. Then, you should choose Properties. After that, please go to the Compatibility tab. Then, you should check the box located next to the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” option. After that, you should choose Windows 7.
- Now, under the Settings section in the same window, you should make sure to check another box. This is located next to the option called “Run this program as an administrator.” This will give more permissions so that the problem can be solved.
- Make sure to apply the changes you have made.
Hopefully, at least one of the above methods will fix Ark Fatal Error. Good luck!