If you are looking for an application/tool to search and remove duplicate files from your PC or Mac system, then you must check out the clone files checker. This tool is specially designed for this job. It is essential for every computer user as it’s almost impossible for anyone to manually search and locate duplicate files from Mac and Windows system. In addition to the difficulty involved in locating the duplicate files, there is also a big risk associated with this. For example, you might accidentally delete some very important business documents from your system, or even sometime, you may end up deleting some system files, which will result in the complete shutdown of the system. So, in general, it’s tough to locate duplicate files from the system manually.
In simple words, we can say that life will be much easier if we use the tool like clone files checker, but like everything, there are also shortcomings associated with this tool.
So now, let’s discuss all these things in detail.
1. What is the Clone files checker? And how does it work?
The clone files checker tool was designed by Sorcim technologies and was first launched back in 2014. As I have already mentioned above, the main purpose of the tool is to locate and delete duplicate files, be it audio, photos, documents, videos, or any other kind of document, from the system. So far, we have seen lots of changes in the tool over the period of time, and at the moment, we have the latest version 5.3 available for PC in the market, which was launched back in January 2019. In the beginning, the clone files checker was mainly designed for windows operating system, but now we also have it available for the Mac operating system. This version 1.0 is compatible with Mac operating system X10.10 and the latest versions.
So this will work for both windows as well as Mac operating systems.
The trial version of the Clone files checker is available and can easily be downloaded, but unfortunately, its full version is not available for free. There is limited use of the trial version as it can only locate and delete up to 10 files. So you ultimately will have to buy the full version to get complete access to all the features. So let’s have a look at the pricing structure of the clone files checker.
|No. of Licenses||1 Year||2 Year||Lifetime|
The above prices are valid both for windows as well as Mac operating systems. The prices, although we are on a higher side, we have to purchase a full version to utilize the full potential of this tool.
Main features of Clone files checker:
As we have already explained above, the clone files checker isn’t a free tool and is equipped with very useful features, but that can only be availed in full version. Another thing to be noticed here is that the availability of the features isn’t the same in both variants. Some of them are available in windows and others in Mac OS. So let’s discuss these features one by one.
Clone files checker Features available in Windows:
- All duplicate files can be removed with a single click and that too with 100% accuracy and precision.
- The scanner can be set to detect duplicate files.
- Duplicate files can even be traced on the cloud drives like google drive, dropbox, and one drive.
- All the duplicate files from a computer can easily be removed.
- On a single right-click scanning operation can be initiated to identify and delete unwanted duplicate files.
- This tool will also work on iTunes to locate duplicate files and to remove dead tracks.
- It can remove all undesired files at a swift pace.
- It can also locate unwanted files in MS Excel.
- Option for preview is also available.
- All the deleted files are directly moved to the recycle bin.
Clone files checker Features available in Mac Operating system:
- All duplicate files can be detected very easily
- Specific folders can be placed for scanning.
- Duplicate files can even be traced on the cloud drives
- There is a file size limit that can be scanned.
- Scan results are categorized in final results.
- The preview option is available to preview scan results.
- The preview option can be used to preview the file to decide if you want to keep the file or not.
- All .csv and HTML files can be scanned with this tool.
How to use clone files checker to locate and delete duplicate files
We have already covered the basic introduction of the clone files checker tool, its available features both in windows and Mac OS versions. Now let’s look at the step by step guideline of this tool in order to effectively utilize this software.
- 1. Download the clone files checker from the available link on the website.
- 2. Once the download is complete, install the software. It’s recommended to download full version as it has many advanced features that are not available in the free version.
- 3. For the full version, you will have to provide your details along with the payment option.
- 4. Once the installation is done, open the application.
- 5. In the application, you’ll see a “+” sign at the top right corner. Click on it to add a hard drive or desired files you want to scan.
- 6. Once you have selected the desired file, click on the option labeled as “start search.”
- 7. Once the search is completed, there will be a pop-up message available displaying the scan results.
- 8. There you’ll see two options labeled as “fix wizard” and “review & fix.”
- 9. Preview option will appear on selecting the option labeled as “review & fix.” There you can click on the option labeled as “select duplicate” at the bottom. Inside it, you’ll see various options, but here we’ll only cover the most common option labeled as “select by file locations.” When you click it there, you’ll see an option marked as “add,” with which all the files will be added.
- 10. Now let’s move on to the second option labeled as “Fix wizard.”
- 11. Here you’ll come across two different options “old” and “new.” Selecting either option will bring you options for “Permanent Delete” and “Move to Folder.”
- 12. Selecting “permanent delete” will permanently remove the file from the system.
- 13. Selecting “Move to folder” will move the selected files to another pre-assigned location.
2. Best available Alternates of clone files checker for Mac
So far, now we have discussed the clone files checker in detail. The software is available for both Windows and Mac OS platforms, but somehow all the features available for windows are not there in the Mac version. Also, there is not much development going on here, considering it has almost been about a year since the last update was received. Therefore it isn’t the best tool going around for the Mac operating system. We need to look at some other better options to sort out this problem for Mac operating systems.
If you search on the internet for the best available duplicate file remover for Mac OS, then most definitely, you’ll come across iMyFone Umate Mac Cleaner. This is an excellent option for you. It will not only remove the duplicate files from your system but will also cover all the disadvantages that you will find in the clone files checker Mac version. So let’s have a short overview of some of the advantages this tool can offer.
- The duplicate files are classified based on the file types like image, audio, video, document, archive, and others.
- The complete scanning process will only take about 2-3 minutes regardless of the file size.
- It comes up with additional customization support to locate or find duplicate files in system file directories.
- This tool is a complete Mac operating system manager with many other features on offer.
- The operating procedure is relatively straight forward and simple.
|No. of Licenses||1 Year||Lifetime|
As can be seen, this tool is much cheaper compared to the clone files checker and comes up with much better features, and there is also aftermarket sales support in case of any problem we come across during the product life cycle.
Now let’s have a look at the operating procedure of this tool.
- Once the application is installed, launch it and click on the option labeled as “delete duplicate files.”
- Now click on browse option to give the location of directory to be scanned for duplicate files.
- Once the scanning is completed, review the files and decide which files are to be deleted.
Comparison between clone files checker & iMyFone Umate Mac Cleaner
|Type||Clone files checker||iMyFone Umate Mac Cleaner|
|Interface||less user-friendly||very user-friendly|
|Ease of Use||bit complicated||Very easy to use|
|Platform||Windows and OS||Latest Mac OS|
|Added features||Not available||Many features such as removing junk files, deleting larger files, etc.|
In the end, we can conclude by saying that Clone files checker is an excellent tool when considering only the windows operating system, but the same can’t be said for its Mac OS version. As many advanced features which are very common in windows version aren’t available in Mac OS. Not to forget that there is not much development going for Mac OS. Here comes the iMyFone Umate Mac Cleaner that provides all the advantages and added features that you’ll miss in clone files checker. So definitely, in my opinion, you should go for iMyFone Umate Mac Cleaner if you are Mac OS user.