Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application error occurs in computers that run on Windows OS. Because of this error, your PC or laptop can slow down significantly. In fact, this error is a very common reason behind a slow-performing Windows PC. So, if you’re using a Windows PC and experience lagging performance, knowing how to fix this error is crucial.
An overview of Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application
In a nutshell, Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application comes as a part of the Windows Media Center. The role of this app is to enable your PC to receive and display digital signals. With its help, you can enjoy all sorts of digital cable channels on your computer.
However, not all computers come with a digital TV Tuner Device. But you can verify that just by looking at the device label. Check if the respective sticker says something like “Digital Tuner,” “Integrated Digital Tuner,” or “Digital Receiver.” If it does, your system comprises of a TV Tuner as well.
As we have mentioned before, Digital TV Tuner is a part of the Windows Media Center. It is also known as the ehprivjob.exe process. Nevertheless, it is not a system process that can affect the functionality of the OS. Instead, it is more of an add-on associated with your PC’s Windows Media Center. As you may already know, all the installed software applications on your computer have traces on the system registry. In other words, the system registry of your device has logs of all the installed applications. Under various instances, the apps can create invalid entries on the system due to different reasons. The end result of the accumulated invalid entries on your registry is a slowly-operating computer.
So, you can realize that Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application runs whenever the Windows Media Center is launched. It is programmed to operate automatically with the Windows Media Center. You can launch the task manager to check if the PC runs the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application.
In most cases, the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application doesn’t consume an intensive amount of resources. However, at times, the registry entries associated with this application can slow down the performance significantly. This can be particularly true when you run multiple processes at the same time. If you have encountered such an issue, it is very handy to know how to stop it. In fact, there are three ways to stop the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application. Also, stopping this process doesn’t affect the OS because it is not a part of the system software.
Should or shouldn’t you remove Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application on your system?
Many users wonder if they should remove the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application from their OS. Under general circumstances, this process doesn’t consume excessive system resources. That means you don’t have to bother about finding solutions if things are normal. However, under certain circumstances, Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application can become troublesome and consume excessive system resources.
There are times in which this process can run with its full capacity even when your PC is idle. That means, the process can become more of a burden than a useful feature. As a result of constant running, it can create large files in your local hard drive. When the files accumulate for a long period, the space left for other work will be significantly reduced. That can be a major reason behind a slow-performing PC. In addition to that, the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application can be responsible for unknown registry entries too. All those reasons can make your PC run very slow.
So, if the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application runs normal, it is NOT A MUST to remove it. On the other hand, if it becomes problematic, you will have to remove it. Basically, the decision should be taken by considering the amount of trouble it causes on your system. In simplest terms, it is up to you to decide whether or not to remove it from your PC.
Are you – like many others – watching TV channels on the PC using the TV tuner to watch TV channels? If so, removing the respective process doesn’t do any good for you. That is because it is directly related to playing TV channels on your computer.
If you are not bothered about TV tuning on your PC, you can go ahead and disable ehPrivJob.exe. Before you do, however, it is better to check if it already consumes a lot of system resources. If you have no specific use of this process and it looks like giving some troubles, just remove it.
How to check if Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application takes intensive system resources?
Before proceeding to the removal process, it is a good approach to make sure if ehPrivJob.exe has become problematic. If your computer is terribly slow and ehPrivJob.exe is the cause, you should obviously remove it. The next important step is to verify if the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application is actually the culprit.
In fact, there are various ways to get it done. However, the most convenient way is to use your system’s task manager to get it done. Task Manager utility is a very handy feature that allows you to track down current processes in the system. It can easily track the processes of excessive system resources. So, you can launch the Task Manager and check the resources used by the task manager.
Please follow the below steps to do it.
- First, press “Ctrl” + “Shift” + “Esc” and that will open up the “Task Manager.”
- Once you are in the Task Manager, you should go to the tab called “Processes.” Then, under that tab, you should look for the entry called ehprivjob.exe (or Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application).
- Once you have located the process, you can check the resources used. For instance, the amount of CPU and the Memory it takes should be considered. If it takes more than 100 MB of Memory and 10% of CPU, that can impact your system performance. In that case, you should probably remove it.
How to fix Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application error
Well, let’s take a look at the best fixes you can use to address this issue.
01. Disable the Windows Features
Disabling the Windows Features is an effective approach to address this issue. Mentioned below are the steps you should take in order to do it.
- Open your “Control Panel.” To do that, you should simply press the “Windows” key on the keyboard or hit the “Start” button first. Then, key in the text “Control Panel” and hit enter once the option appears.
- Once the “Control Panel” is launched, go to “Programs and Features” and click on it.
- If not, you can launch the “Run” dialog box by using the “Windows” + “R” key combination. Once the “Run” command appears, you can enter appwiz.cpl and hit enter (or click on OK).
- You can click on the option that allows you to Turn Windows features on or off.
- Then, scroll down and search for the option called “Media Features.” You can then click on the “+” sign and expand the options.
- Navigate to the option called “Windows Media Center.” Then, you should uncheck the small box next to it.
- You can now apply the changes simply by pressing “OK.”
- You can restart the computer once the tweak is completed.
02. Find the process that uses excessive system resources and stop it
This is another fix that can be used to fix this issue. The process is mentioned in the step-by-step method so you can follow it without any trouble.
- First, open the task manager of your system by pressing “Ctrl” + “Shift” + “Esc” keys simultaneously.
- Now, you can go to the tab labeled “Performance” and then choose “Open Resource Monitor.” This option can be found at the bottom.
- If not, you can use the “Run” dialog box. To do that, you can use the “Windows” + “R” key combination. You can then type the text “resmon” and hit the “Enter” key.
- Now, please look at the values pertaining to “CPU,” “Memory,” and “Disk.”
- Now, look for the process called “ehprivjob.exe” and stop it. You should right-click on the process and choose the option called “End Process.”
- In addition to the “ehprivjob.exe” process, you should close the other unwanted processes as well. Some unwanted processes can make your computer lag, so closing them is the best option.
03. Disable the scheduled tasks
Here’s another fix that can be used to fix Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application errors. If none of the above options work, you can try this one as well. You can try this if your Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application is crashing and stopping. Basically, you can use this option whenever your computer experiences lagging performance due to ehdrminit.exe.
- Launch your “Task Scheduler” first. To do that, you should press the “Windows” key on the keyboard. If not, you can click on the “Start” button and select the option called “Task Scheduler.”
- When you are in the Task Scheduler window, you can click on the arrow next to it. Then, go to “Task Scheduler Library” and select “Microsoft.” Under that, you can choose “Windows.”
- You can now search for the folder that comprises ehdrminit. Once you have found it, you can simply right-click on it and disable it from the menu.
Apart from that, you can delete the contents with the DRM folder as well. Mentioned below are the steps you should follow in order to do it.
- First, you should go to “My Computer” option and open it. Then, you should follow the below-mentioned path to locate the DRM folder.
- After locating the folder, you can simply delete all the contents found in it.
Nevertheless, you must remember that the last two options may not work with some users. While some individuals say that it worked for them, others claim it to be a useless process. Well, if it didn’t work for you, try the next solution and see if it brings any luck.
04. Uninstall Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application
If you are still out of luck, you are left with the option of uninstalling the application completely. For your convenience, we explain the process in a step-by-step method. This is a relatively simple process, you should notice.
- First, please visit the “Control Panel” of the computer. As you already know, you can do it by clicking on the “Start” button and then type “Control Panel.” Then, press “Enter.”
- Now, you should look for the option called “Programs and Features.” Click on it.
- Once you see the list of existing programs, you can search for the “Digital TV Tuner.” Click on it once you have located it.
- Now, on the upper part of the new window, you should find an option to “Uninstall” the program. Just click on it.
- You can now follow the onscreen wizard to complete the uninstallation process, and it is very easy.
- Once the uninstallation is finished, you should remove the registry entries as well. That will make the uninstallation process a complete on. To do that, go to “Registry Editor.” Use the “Windows” + “R” combination and enter the words “Regedit” in the appearing dialog box.
- Once you are in the window labeled “Registry Editor,” go to the address mentioned below.
It will direct you to the folder that comprises the digital TV tuner, so you should delete it.
- Then, navigate to the below-mentioned address as well. “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\eg UI“
If you see any files there, just delete them all.
- As the last step, reboot your computer so the problem will be fixed.
So, that’s how to address potential errors related to the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application. If you have any further enquires, please feel free to contact us.