Sometimes you may find it hard to find your Android device because you forget where to put it. Maybe on the shelf, maybe on the table, and maybe you lost it outside your house. If you lost your Android device, the others may get access to the personal information on it. Thus, it is dangerous for you.
Now you can get the lost Android device without hassle if you use Google. You can use Google in three ways:
Way 1. Track the Android phone with ADM
Google offers a function called the Android Device Manager, you can use it to track your Android device in case you lose it by accident. But there are several requirements if you want to use this function:
- You need to connect your Android device to a steady network.
- Log in to the Google account on your Android device.
Here is a detailed tutorial to use the function:
- Step 1. Run the ADM on your computer.
- Step 2. Log in to the Google account which you use on your lost Android device.
- Step 3. There is a drop list on the left of the primary window. Through the list, you can see all the devices using the same Google account. Then choose the lost Android device from the list.
- Step 4. Then you will get the detailed location of that Android device on the map.
- Step 5. You can get back your Android device with the help of the map if it is not on the hand of the other one.
By the way, here is how to fix ‘Failed to detect location‘ on Pokemon Go for you.
Way 2. Track the Android device with another phone
If you don’t have a computer at hand, you can use another mobile phone to help you. Maybe you want to find your Android device when you are out with your friends. At this time, you can borrow one from your friend. Google also offers an Android Device Manager app for mobile phones. It is almost the same as the version for the computer. And you can also choose to let out an alarm from your lost Android device so that you can find it more easily. And when it is impossible to get it back, you can choose to delete all the data from it.
PS: for iPhone users, here is the full guide to iPhone Lost Mode for your reference.
Way 3. Track the Android device with Android wear device
If you have an Android Wear device, it will be much easier to find your lost Android device. And you may need the following things:
- You need an Android wear device.
- The wear device should be connected to your Android device with Bluetooth.
Then you can use the tool following this guide:
- Step 1. Go to the “Find my Phone” function on your Android wear device.
- Step 2. Then your Android device will start to ring at full voice to help you find it.
In case you lose your Android device, you’d better back up it at regular intervals. And then if unluckily you lost it, you can still restore the important data from the backup files on your new Android device. At this time, you can use the Wondershare MobileGo. This is a useful application for both the Windows computer and the Mac computer. The Wondershare MobileGo supports almost all Android devices, like the Samsung, running different versions of Android operation systems. You can use the “One-click Backup” function of it.
- Step 1. Launch the Wondershare MobileGo on your computer and connect your Android device to it with a USB cable.
- Step 2. On the primary window, click on the “One-click Backup” option.
- Step 3. Then choose the file types that you want to back up. And then click on the “Backup” button.