Did you just find out your L'image dans l'image de YouTube ne fonctionne pas all of a sudden? And you need to know how to solve it as soon as possible? If so, continue reading and learn how to fix it.
Well, the “L'image dans l'image de YouTube ne fonctionne pas” issue might trigger because of gesture controls and/or geographic restrictions. In addition to that, the same issue can trigger due to some third-party launchers you might have installed. Also, some users say that their “Picture-in-picture” feature is working with some feature restrictions. For instance, their YouTube app doesn’t have any controls to adjust audio and pause videos. In certain cases, they experience a picture-in-picture feature without the settings option as well.
For those who don’t know what “picture-in-picture” is, it is a feature available on YouTube Red. Also, it is available for some regions only (such as the USA). So, if your YouTube picture in picture not working, check if you fall into those categories. In addition to that, this feature might not work on some video categories.
Solutions to try if YouTube picture in picture not working
Do you have a YouTube premium account and live in a region where picture-in-picture mode is allowed? If so, the picture-in-picture feature should work properly on your device. But if YouTube picture in picture not working even if you fulfill those requirements, the below-mentioned solutions are handy.
Fix 01: Restart the phone to fix YouTube Picture in Picture Not Working
In some cases, YouTube pictures in picture not working due to a small system error. It can be fixed with a simple restart.
- Press the puissance button of the device and hold it to see the power menu.
- Tap on “Power Off."
- Once the device is turned off, power it on again.
- Check if the function is working.
Fix 02: Use your device’s settings to enable the Picture-in-Picture feature
If the previous solution doesn’t work, you should check the settings of the device and correct it. In fact, the respective feature should be enabled in your device’s settings apart from YouTube’s settings. So, if the feature is disabled, just enable it manually to see if it works.
- Lancement Paramètres app and then go to Application Manager ou Apps.
- Now, please tap on the option called “Plus de" et ouvrir "Configure Apps."
- Now, please tap on the option called “Special Access” and tap on Picture-in-Picture.
- After that, you should enable the toggle button located next to picture-in-picture for YouTube.
- Then, launch the YouTube app. tap on User Profile as well.
- Aller à Paramètres and choose “Général."
- Now, toggle the switch to enable picture-in-picture.
- Otherwise, you can let the video play et swipe down to see the notifications tray.
- Finally, tap on the Paramètres option can check if the picture-in-picture not working.
Fix 03: Use a different YouTube account to fix YouTube Picture in Picture Not Working
If there is something wrong with your YouTube account, the YouTube picture-in-picture option might not work. In that case, you can try a different YouTube account to see how it works.
- Open the YouTube app first and tap on the option called “User Profile."
- Cliquez "Switch Account” and tap on a different account.
- Open the YouTube app again to see if it works.
Fix 04: Change screen orientation and play the video
By default, the picture-in-picture mode works on landscape mode only. If you are trying to use it on portrait mode, that will not be working. So, just switch to landscape mode and see if it solves the issue.
- Launch YouTube and play any video (let’s see how to unblock YouTube videos on your PC/phone ).
- Let the video be played on portrait mode and press the “Accueilbouton ".
- Then, check if the picture-in-picture mode is working.
Fix 05: Deactivate the Gestures Controls to fix YouTube Picture in Picture Not Working
If you have enabled the gesture controls, the Home Button disappears. However, the Home Button is required to use the picture in picture mode on YouTube. So, you should disable the gestures to fix the issue.
- First, you should launch “Paramètres” of the device and go to “Système" également.
- Now, go to Gestures and tap on the option called “System Navigation."
- Activate 3-button/2-button navigation and see if it is fixed.
- If the issue is persisting, play the video and tap on the bottom right corner. See if the picture-in-picture screen is shown now.
- Otherwise, play the video again and tap the back button constantly for five times. If you can see the picture-in-picture screen, the issue is fixed now.
Fix 06: Change the location of the settings of YouTube
As the next solution, you can try changing the country. You should set the location to a region where the picture-in-picture feature is supported.
- Allez à la YouTube app and tap on your user profile.
- Aller à "Paramètres” > “Général” > “Localisation".
- Tap on the list of countries and choose a country where the picture-in-picture feature is available.
- Redémarrer the device and check if the YouTube picture in picture not working yet.
- If it doesn’t work, try using a VPN to change the country.
Fix 07: Use the Stock Launcher of the device to fix YouTube Picture in Picture Not Working
If you are using a 3rd party launcher, that can cause some issues on various features. In fact, the most recent versions of Android put some restrictions on the third-party launchers. So, it is always better to switch back to the stock launcher and check if it works.
- First, you should open “Paramètres” and go to “Apps" ou "Gestionnaire d'applications” on the device.
- Then, go to the “Plus de” button and tap on the option called “Configure Apps."
- When you are in the default section, you should tap on the “Accueil” app. After that, go to “Stock Launcher."
- Redémarrer the device now, and you will be able to see the issue is fixed. However, if YouTube picture in picture not working still, you should try the next solution.
Fix 08: Update your YouTube app
If none of the solutions have worked for you so far, you should update the YouTube app. In many cases, outdated YouTube app can end up experiencing various bugs. So, it is best to have your YouTube app updated to the latest version always. Mentioned below are the steps to be taken to update your YouTube app.
- First, you should open Google Play Store. Then, open the menu simply by tapping on the icon that appears like a hamburger.
- Now, launch the option called “Mes applications et jeux.” Then, tap on “Installed."
- You should now tap on “YouTube"et tapez sur l'option appelée "Mise à jour."
- After that, please check if the “L'image dans l'image de YouTube ne fonctionne pas” issue is solved.
- If the problem is persisting, play the video et choose the split-screen option with another app.
- After that, you can put YouTube on full screen and see if it operates as usual.
Fix 09: Clear YouTube’s Cache to fix YouTube Picture in Picture Not Working
Just like any other app, YouTube too uses the cache to boost the speed and offer better functionality. However, if the cache is corrupt, you will end up experiencing some issues with the YouTube app. If that’s the case, you can overcome it simply by clearing the cache of the app.
- First, quitter your YouTube app and open “Paramètres” of the device.
- Ensuite, allez sur "Application Manager" ou "Apps.” Select “YouTube."
- You can now tap the option called “Force Stop” and confirm the action.
- Tap on “Stockage"et appuyez sur "Effacer le cache."
- Now, relaunch YouTube and see if it works.
- If it doesn’t work, repeat the above steps up to “Stockage"et choisissez "Effacer les données."
- Then, confirmer the action. If prompted, enter the username and password.
- Check if the app is working perfectly.
- If it doesn’t work, play a YouTube video and hit “Partager.” Don’t share the video. Instead, revert to the video and see if the YouTube picture in picture not working yet.
Fix 10: Wipe your device’s cache partition
Android smartphones come with a cache partition to support the functionality of the device. It can speed up the user experience and make the device perform smoothly and faster. However, cache partition can corrupt due to some reason or another. If you experience this sort of issue, wipe the cache partition out to solve it. Once you have done that, the issue should be fixed, and you can play YouTube with all the features.
Fix 11: Browse YouTube through Chrome Browser
If none of the above fixes have worked, your phone might not be compatible with the YouTube app. If that’s the case, you can opt to use Chrome browser on the same device.
- First, enable the “Picture-in-picture” in the settings of the device for the Chrome browser. We explained this process in “Fix 02".
- Now, you should launch Chrome on the device. Now, in the search bar, search for the app “YouTube."
- Locate the icon that has three vertical ellipses, which is on the top right corner. After that, you should tick the box that represents “Desktop Site."
- Press and hold on the “YouTube” option that appears with results. After that, tap on the option called “Open in New Tab."
- You can then switch to the new tab on which YouTube is already opened. If the tab has a mobile site, open the Desktop Site à la place.
- Play a video on YouTube now and see if the issue is gone.
At least one of the above methods should fix the “L'image dans l'image de YouTube ne fonctionne pas” issue. However, if none of them worked for you, try Restoro Repair Tool. This tool will perform a thorough scan of the system for repositories and replace potentially corrupt files. In addition to that, Restoro Repair Tool can even optimize the system for better performance.