If you are an Apple user, you must be already familiar with iCloud. For one reason or another, you may want to know How to delete contacts from iCloud. No matter what Apple product you use, it is worth knowing How to delete contacts from iCloud. Surprisingly, even some of the regular iPhone users get confused when deleting their contacts from iCloud.
Part 1. How to Delete Contacts from iCloud manually
A. Deleting a single contact from iCloud
First, let’s take a look at how to delete a single contact from your iCloud. Needless to say that this process is really important. However,
- Open the iCloud
- Then, select the contact you need to delete
- Then, you should hit the delete key
- You will need to click delete option in the dialog box appears
- And, that’s it
B. How to delete multiple contacts from iCloud
Here’s how to delete multiple contacts from your iCloud.
- As the first step, you should open the iCloud using the PC browser
- Go to the contacts in your iCloud browser
- Then, you should hold the control key and select the contact you need to delete
- Likewise, you can hold the control key and click on the contacts one by one
- After selecting all the contacts, you should release the control key
- Now, you will have to move toward the lower left corner of the screen. You will find a gear icon on which you need to click.
- Then, you will find a menu called “Actions”. Click on the delete option and confirm the action.
- The contacts you have selected will be deleted now.
Now, that you followed the steps as mentioned earlier, your contacts will be deleted perfectly. Eventually, the contacts will be deleted from all the iOS devices that are synchronized with your iCloud. As an example, assume that you use an iPhone and an iPad with contacts on. The contacts you deleted will be removed from both of those devices subsequently.
Part 2. How to delete contacts from iCloud permanently due to a privacy issue
A contact in your phone is a very personal piece of information. You shouldn’t give away the contacts on your phone to a third-party without the consent of the respective person. That being said, due to various reasons, you will have to delete personal contacts on your phone permanently. However, deleting these contacts from iCloud only won’t help you. If you need to delete those contacts permanently, considering the security issues, you may need a special software tool.
If you wonder How to delete contacts from iCloud permanently without leaving a trace, we recommend iMyfone Umate Pro. In fact, iMyFone Umate is a really smart tool that can erase contacts without leaving a trace for any third-party. It can either install an entire list of contacts or an individual contact depending on your need. More importantly, this tool doesn’t let anyone recover the deleted contacts. As a really smart software tool, iMyFone Umate is capable of finding previously deleted contacts too. Then, it can erase them permanently. Therefore, this is a must-have tool for every iOS device user. In this section, let’s take a look at the functionalities of the Umate Pro.
Features of iMyfone Umate Pro
- It can delete date from your iPhone, delete the email account from your iPad & delete snapchat messages permanently and protect the privacy.
- Easily remove Apple ID from iPhone, erase the iOS without leaving any ability to recover contacts, messages, photos, etc.
- It is capable of wiping up many 3rd party apps such as Viber, WhatsApp, etc.
- Secure private data and prevent you from various threats in the event of donating or recycling.
- It is compatible with latest iOS devices.
How to delete contacts and all the other data from your iPhone using iMyFone Umate Pro
Let’s follow this step by step guide to wipe out the information off your iOS device.
Download and install iMyFone on your PC or laptop. It is obvious that you should download Windows or Mac version depending on the type of the computer you use.
Then, you should connect your iOS device to the computer using the original cable.
You should then select the right kind of erasing mode and start scanning.
At the completion of the scan, you will be given an analysis. Then, you should select the contact to delete and go to Erase now option.
When the message is prompted, you must confirm the deletion process. Then, the contacts of your phone will be deleted forever. After such deletion process, you cannot recover the data.
After reading the above, you will be able to get an insight into the overall performance of iMyFone Umate Pro. Particularly, when it comes to a situation where you should erase the iPhone contacts completely, this software becomes incredibly handy. With the usage of Umate, you can prevent iOS devices from adding previously erased contacts to iCloud.
In simplest terms, iMyFone Umate is capable of deleting all the iPhone contacts from iCloud without leaving any trace. Even if you donate the phone to someone else, he or she will not be able to recover the erased contacts. With a zero opportunity to recover the sensitive data, you are completely safe from third-parties. Before the erasing process starts, you get a good chance to preview the files. Such approach allows protecting important data from accidental deletions.
The one-click cleanup process ensures that you can free the available space on your iOS device. It allows you to delete junk and temporary files, app caches and mass file removal with less effort.
Bonus Tips on How to Delete Duplicated Contacts
Apart from knowing how to delete contacts from iCloud, you should also know how to delete duplicated contacts too. In fact, duplicated contacts can be really annoying at times. Here’s how to delete duplicated contacts that appear on your iCloud account.
- As the first step, you must make a copy of the contacts available in your iCloud contacts
- After that, you should open the iCloud contacts
- Then, you should click on the card menu
- You must now look for the duplicate contents and determine them
- When you are prompted with a message, just hit Merge
- You can repeat this until all of the duplicates are merged
The above-mentioned steps will ensure that you get rid of all the iCloud contents. Apart from that, it might also let you clean duplicate contents. Nevertheless, you must remember that the above process doesn’t delete contacts permanently.
Since the duplicated contacts exist even after the merging process, you should use a way to delete them permanently. This is exactly when you need to go for software like iMyfone Umate Pro.
Although there are various software tools to organize your iPhone, it is better to go for a reliable developer. The random software you may find on various websites can do more harm than good. Some of that software reported having malicious programs that can risk your online safety. This is why you should select iMyFone Umate if you wonder How to delete contacts from iCloud.
Conclusion: What makes you deleting contacts from iCloud permanently?
Deletion of contacts permanently is compulsory when you get rid of your existing iPhone. Particularly if you intend to donate or recycle your iPhone, you must delete the contacts permanently. If you delete your contacts following the ordinary manner, the contacts can be recovered using specific tools. A third party can use these contacts to perform various unsolicited actions and endanger one’s privacy. Therefore, you must know How to delete contacts from iCloud permanently without leaving any trace for third parties. This is why you should look for the assistance of a smart tool that can permanently delete the contacts. So, if you wonder How to delete contacts from iCloud permanently, you should first find a software.