Can someone please explain how to delete videos on TikTok? I am just new to this platform and wondering how to get rid of videos that are already posted. Is there are a one-click solution? Or is there a workaround to follow? Please let me know.
TikTok can be considered an exciting application that delivers plenty of fun when using it. You’ll probably spend plenty of time producing movies after you find out the ways of adding effects, including filters. Also, there are many other features to try in this wonderful platform.
You may find it difficult to navigate your gallery after several days or even weeks of generating movies. When this occurs, it may be time to remove certain videos that you no longer require.
You may wish to reinvent yourself as your TikTok profile rises along with your number of followers. Regrettably, creating a new profile means starting from scratch with no followers. The simplest approach to achieve your aim of deleting outdated videos is to just delete them.
We’ll go over all you are expected to learn about how to delete videos on TikTok. Also, we explain how to remove other types of content through TikTok in this post.
How to Delete Videos on TikTok?
Without further ado, let’s get to the main point of this article. In this section, we explain how to delete videos on TikTok. In fact, the process is exceptionally simple, but for novices, we explain it in the below steps.
01. To access your profile, simply launch the app and go to your profile. You’ll see a list of the videos you’ve made in the app once you get there.
02. Tap the clip you don’t want to watch. It will display in the fullscreen view and play.
03. Three small dots will appear in its bottom-right area while this is happening. The app shows you the remainder of the options if you tap on those dots.
04. Select Delete. Tap Delete one more to confirm.
05. When its pop-up menu displays, slide it from the left to right until a garbage symbol appears. The original video will then be deleted from your gallery if you tap it. When the app asks for a confirmation on the decision, tap Yes to get the video completely erased.
06. You won’t be able to do much if you let other people download the videos. Someone may have downloaded a duplicate of the video that they can post from their profile. This is true even though you erased it from the gallery.
That is why, before making any recordings you may want to erase, you must first modify the privacy settings.
So, that’s all about how to delete videos on TikTok. As you might notice, deleting a TikTok video is exceptionally easy.
Setting a Video into Private Mode
Let’s assume you’re not quite ready to delete your videos, but you also don’t want others to watch them. You are not required to erase any of your videos. Of course, you can save the films to the camera roll. In addition to that, it is also possible to store them in a TikTok app private folder.
Open the respective video and then tap the three dots, and then tap ‘Privacy Settings‘. From here, you may relocate the movie to its private folder by toggling the button at the top.
The movie will stay in this private folder, accessible only to you, until you do delete it. If not, until you move it again to a public folder accessible to all of your friends.
How to Delete a TikTok Account?
Now that you know how to delete videos on TikTok. Let’s learn about deleting an account as well. You could only remove your TikTok profile by contacting their customer care until recently. Before removing a TikTok account, authorization is required for your request. Prior to the procedure may take many days, this caused a lot of issues for people.
That’s exactly why TikTok created the “Thinking about canceling your account” tool, which makes the process go more smoothly. Please remember that before it becomes possible to deactivate your account, you’ll need to enter a contact number.
Besides, here are the top best Facebook Private Profile Viewer tools for your reference.
Adding a Contact Number to Your Profile
After learning how to delete videos on Tiktok and how to delete a profile, let’s learn more about TikTok. In this section of our article, we explain adding a contact number to your profile.
01. When you open the app, click on the option that represents Profile Information.
02. Take a look at your account by clicking on Manage Account.
03. Tap the Phone Number.
04. Add your contact information here.
05. You will then get a verification number through a text message from the app. Once you’ve entered the code, you will be able to use the TikTok application.
What is the Process to Follow for Account Deletion?
TikTok may be deleted now that you’ve linked your smartphone to the account.
How do you do it? Here’s how:
01. To access your profile information, click on the button labeled Profile Info button. After that, tap on those three dots located in the top right corner of the screen.
02. Click on “Manage My Account“.
03. To delete your TikTok account, click the Delete Account button at the bottom.
04. You will get a one-time-use One-Time Password (OTP) message from the TikTok app. This specific message contains a verification code. Tap Continue once you’ve entered the code.
TikTok has removed your account.
What You Must Know About How to Delete Videos on TikTok
In the previous paragraphs, we explained how to delete videos on TikTok and other stuff. Mentioned below are some other important aspects you should know about it. If you are a TikTik user and you are new to this platform, the information below will be handy.
Do you deactivate your account? If so, the videos on your account, favorite songs, and other content associated with it will be lost. Messages that were sent to different TikTok users, on the other hand, will be kept private from the recipient.
You’ll also lose access to all the videos, profile preferences and features, and profile preferences. Once you delete your TikTok account, you don’t get an option to reactivate it. If you expect to use TikTok once again, you’ll have to register a new account.
Do You Really Want to Delete Your TikTok Account?
Well, you have learned how to delete videos easily on TikTok using the instructions above. That said, there are some things you should know before proceeding with the process. Before you delete your TikTok account, create a backup of any favorite videos you wish to save. A refund is out of the question if you’ve purchased in-app purchases. All of your TikTok coins will be removed from your profile. Moreover, you will not be given any compensation for them.
For privacy reasons, it is always possible to hide your profile from other users. Just adjust the privacy and security settings to make yourself fully undetectable. When your account is suspended, you may resume where you ended up at any point in some time later. You can do it without necessarily losing a single token or video. Never delete the TikTok account without thinking it through first.
How to Delete Videos on TikTok – FAQ?
To make things clearer, let’s take a look at some frequently asked questions about deleting TikTok videos. Going through this Q&A will be immensely useful for any user.
Does TikTok allow you to restore a deleted video?
Will my videos be deleted if I deactivate my account?
What if I want to report TikTok videos?
Is it possible to remove a post that was made by someone else?
Despite the fact that you are unable to remove a video from another user’s profile, you may report it. In most cases, this would only be done if the video is extremely inflammatory. It should also violate the terms and conditions of the service.
It’s easy to report a video using this method. You can just find it, touch ‘Share‘ on your right side, then select ‘Report“. Complete and submit the application form. The video can be deleted if TikTok deems it to be in violation of the community standards. Do not do this at the risk of alienating a buddy.
So, that’s how to delete videos on TikTok. If you have a clear idea about the concept, that’s great. If you have any other doubts pertaining to this matter, please let us know. We will attend to your questions at our earliest.