In general, iPhones are known for their smooth functionality and reliability. However, due to one reason or other, users need to reset their iPhone devices occasionally. To reset an iPhone device to its original factory settings, you must provide its password. Most of the iPhone users may have already done this. But, do you know how to reset iPhone without password? If you wish to know how to reset iPhone without password, this is the article you should read.
Before learning how to reset iPhone without password, there are a couple of things you should know. There are two options when it comes to iPhone resetting; Soft Reset and Hard Reset.
Characteristics of Soft Reset
Usually, a soft reset requires less than 5 minutes. Also, a soft reset posses very little amount of risk. You don’t have to worry about losing data when you perform a soft reset. The settings of the iPhone will remain after a soft reset. Even the passwords you have applied will remain upon a reset. Overall, a soft reset is a relatively easier process to complete.
Characteristics of Hard Reset
To perform a factory reset (hard reset), you will need more time as opposed to a soft reset. As a result of a hard reset, you will lose all the data stored on your iPhone. Even the data like messages, contacts, photos, and apps will be deleted upon a factory reset. You will have to provide all the passwords back after a factory reset. In other words, your iPhone will be back to its original mode after a factory reset.
Why do you need to factory reset an iPhone?
You don’t need to do a factory reset (hard reset) on an iPhone unless there is a serious issue. Losing all the data and settings on a frequent basis is not a pleasant experience for an iPhone user. However, you may need to perform a hard reset on your iPhone due to following reasons.
01. If you are going to sell your iPhone
If you have decided to sell your iPhone, you should remove all the data in it beforehand. Letting someone else have your personal data is a really risky approach. The best way to get rid of all those data and settings is performing a factory reset.
02. If you notice a serious error on your iPhone device
Even iPhones may give some problems no matter how reliable they are. Some of these issues can only be fixed with a factory reset. For instance, if you notice White Screen issue on the iPhone, you should perform a factory reset.
03. If you need to restore data from an iCloud backup
Before restoring an iCloud backup, you should go for a hard reset on your iPhone.
However, to perform a factory reset on your iPhone, you should provide the password. But, from this point onwards, we will explain how to reset iPhone without password. In this article, we list down three methods to reset your iPhone without using password.
Method 01: How to reset iPhone without password using iTunes
You should know that you cannot use this method unless you have already synchronized the device through iTunes. If not, you will be asked to enter a password before resetting. Here’s how to perform a factory reset through iTunes.
01. As the first step, you should backup your iPhone. You already know that factory reset erases your data completely. So, creating a backup is compulsory if you need to get the data back.
02. Now, connect your phone to the computer using the original USB cable.
03. Open iTunes on your computer.
04. Select the option called ‘Restore iPhone’.
05. Now, go to the iTunes dialog box and click on ‘Restore’.
06. You will get the iPhone Software Update window now. Just click on ‘Next’.
07. When prompted, on the next window, you should click on ‘Agree’ (except the license terms).
08. Wait for some time until the iTunes automatically download an iOS and restore the iPhone.
Although this method may work fine for many users with the iOS devices, it will make you lose data. You will have to restore all the data from a backup later on.
Method 02: How to reset iPhone without password through settings
This is another method offered by Apple itself. However, this method can be useful under two conditions. To make it happen, you should have created an iCloud backup already. Also, you should have ‘Find my iPhone’ option enabled. Well, if you have already completed those two options, you should give this method a try. Here’s how to do it.
01. First, you should go to Settings and locate General.
02. Then, go to Reset tab and select “Erase All Content and Settings” option
03. After performing a restart, you will get the conventional welcome screen with Hello message. From this point onwards, you will have to go through a couple of steps and set the phone up.
04. When you are in the Apps and Data option, you will have to go to ‘Restore from iCloud Backup‘. Then, you should go to “Choose Backup” option.
Nevertheless, we should mention that this method works only if you have an iCloud backup. Also, you should have activated “Find My Phone” option. If Apple doesn’t recognize you as the original user, this method doesn’t work at all.
Method 03: Factory reset iPhone without passcode using dr.fone Unlock
If you cannot use the methods mentioned above, you shouldn’t be discouraged at all. Here’s the best method to try if you need to hard reset the iPhone without passcode. As per this method, we will be using a sophisticated software called dr.fone Unlock. This specific software tool will let you fix various issues including stuck iPhone. The features associated with this software lets you reset your iPhone without using a passcode. Apart from that, it can address various other issues related to device and OS.
Features associated with dr.fone – iOS Unlock
- This particular software can unlock iPhone without password & reset your iPhone without password within 10 minutes
- You can make it work on all the iOS devices (iPhones, iPad and iPod touch)
- It can unlock iPhone X, iPhone 8 (Plus) that is disabled due to wrong passwords
- It is made to be compatible with the latest iOS versions and iOS devices
- dr.fone – Unlock comes with a really convenient user-interface to fix “locked out of iPhone” issue.
- Hundreds of thousands of users have already used this software
How to reset iPhone without password using dr.fone – Unlock
Now, let’s take a look at on how to reset iPhone without password using dr.fone – Unlock Software. We will list down the features in the step-by-step mode for your convenience.
01. As the first step, you should download dr.fone – Unlock Software and get it installed on your computer. Then, launch the software and click on ‘Unlock‘ option.
02. No matter if your iPhone is in unlocked mode, you should switch it on. Now, you should connect the locked iPhone device into your computer. You should close the iTunes if it opens after connecting the iPhone into the computer.
03. After connecting the locked iPhone, you should click on Start to begin the reset process.
04. To proceed, you will have to activate DFU mode on the phone. Once the phone is set into DFU mode, it is a matter of following the onscreen instructions.
05. Now, select the iPhone model you are using and provide other information accordingly. Then, go to the ‘Download‘ option.
06. The software will start to download the firmware automatically to match the version of your iPhone. Now, click on “Unlock Now” option.
07. This respective process will delete all the data on your iPhone, however. So, you just have to confirm it to proceed.
08. At the completion of the process, you should be able to start using the previously locked iPhone normally.
As we believe, dr.fone is the best option for those who wonder how to reset iPhone without password. It can let you reset iPhone without using a password securely. The convenient user-interface it offers make it easy even for novice users.
Bonus – Erasing the iPhone permanently without using passcode
If you need to erase your iPhone permanently without using the passcode, that is possible. By erasing an iPhone permanently, you can get rid of all the private information. Permanent erasing may require if you have decided to sell your iPhone. Otherwise, your personal information can end up in someone else’s hand. However, you shouldn’t simply delete the files on your iPhone and hand it over. There are ways to recover the deleted files on iPhone. So, it is better to erase the iPhone permanently. In this case, you can use another impressive software called dr.fone – Erase (iOS). After erasing your phone with dr.fone – Erase (iOS), no one will be able to access your private information.
Features of dr.fone – Erase (iOS)
Let’s take a look at some of the most notable features associated with dr.fone – Erase (iOS).
- It can delete Facebook message & erasing iPhone & wiping all personal data on iPhone completely using one click. You don’t need to have the password to do this.
- It offers you a really simple and user-friendly interface.
- Once your phone is erased, no one will be able to access your data.
- It is a completely safe software that doesn’t leak your private information to any third parties
- Work necessarily for all the iPhone models
- It is designed to be compatible with iOS 12
Now that you know how to reset iPhone without password easily. You also know how to erase your iPhone permanently. We hope you find this article to be helpful.