io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception is an error experienced by many Minecraft users lately due to some reason or another. If you have experienced the same and are worried, read this guide and learn how to fix it.
Mahjong owns Minecraft. It was initially released to the public in 2011 and became a hot choice for many gamers. Even today, Minecraft boasts a massive player count.
In fact, it has more than 91 million players per month. Despite its enormous popularity, the game has started to experience some issues lately.
Io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception is one of those common errors that can annoy users. This error pops up when a gamer tries to connect to a server. Interestingly, this error is not limited to a single server. In other words, pretty much all the servers experience this issue.
What Triggers io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception Error?
We have indeed come across many reports and queries about this io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception error lately. We did our research based on the information provided by the gamers in addition to issues we experienced.
As a result, we can conclude that io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception can trigger due to one of the following.
Also, click here to find out how to fix Minecraft no sound when playing Minecraft with ease.
● An Issue Associated with Your IP
According to the gathered information, this issue can appear due to an error in your IP address. It can also trigger an error in the connected port when connecting to the server.
Your IP address and the port number are used to establish a connection with the gaming server. If you are not using a static IP address, your IP address will frequently change by your ISP.
So, the chances are that the same IP address can be allocated to different users simultaneously. Therefore, it is always required to change the IP address.
● Due to the Existence of Your Firewall
In certain cases, the connection between your computer and the gaming server can be blocked by your firewall. This is particularly true if you have not whitelisted the game’s server connection with the firewall.
In this case, you should add the game directory and the Java files to the whitelist. As a result, the connection to the game will be permitted by the firewall.
● You Are Running an Outdated Java Version
You may already know that Minecraft wants the latest Java version on your computer to function smoothly. If you are running an outdated Java, and your launcher is updated to the newest, that triggers a conflict.
As a result, some game components will not be properly connected to the server.
● Your Software is Not Compatible
Several software tools don’t work in harmony with Minecraft. Conflicts can emerge if you try to run one of those applications with Minecraft.
Their official website shares a list of software applications incompatible with the Minecraft game.
So, go through the list and check if your computer has at least one of those applications installed. If it does, you should uninstall it and retry.
How to Fix io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception Issue?
Now that you understand the causes behind the io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception error, let’s learn how to fix it. Mentioned below are the potential fixes you can try.
01. Reset Your Internet Connection
If the issue is triggered by an IP address conflict, this fix will work perfectly. You can simply reset your internet connection so the ISP will change the IP address.
So, if you are not using a static IP and there is an IP address conflict, try this solution for the io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception error.
- First, you should disconnect your internet router from its power inlet.
- Leave it for about five minutes and plug the power cord in.
- Once the internet connection is established, connect to the game’s server.
02. Add an Exception in the Firewall
As mentioned in the previous section, it can be your firewall behind the io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception issue. It might be preventing you from connecting to the server.
So, if that is the case with you, just add an exception in the firewall for Minecraft’s executables. In other words, you should whitelist Minecraft’s executables that require internet access. Here’s how to do it.
- Go to the Start menu and choose the option called “Settings“.
- Then, click on the option called “Updates & Security“.
- Now, you should choose the “Windows Security” option and head to “Firewall & Network Protection“.
- You can scroll down now and choose the option “Allow an App through Firewall“.
- Then, go to “Change Settings” and choose “Yes” when a warning is prompted.
- You can go to “Allow another app” from the available options and choose “Browse“.
- Now, you should navigate to the installation directory of Minecraft. Choose the executor named “launcher”.
- You can also follow the same steps and navigate to the Minecraft servers.
- Go to the folder called “Maxwell“ and open “MinecraftServer“.
- There will be two Java executables located inside the server. Allow both of those executables.
- Repeat the process. But don’t click on the option “Allow another app” after choosing the “Change Settings“. Instead, you should scroll down and allow all the options labeled “Java Platform SE Binary“. Those options should be allowed through “Public” and “Private” networks.
- Now launch the Minecraft game and see if you can connect to the server without any issue.
03. Add the Port and an IP Address Manually
Many users use a dynamic IP address, which is supposed to change whenever the connection is reset. So, it is best to check if the IP address and port are not creating conflicts.
In this section, we will explain how to do it. Mentioned below is how to do it.
- As the first step, go to the Windows toolbar and click on its search bar. Then, you should key in the text “Command Prompt“.
- You can right-click on the icon now and choose the option “Run as Administrator” option.
- Once the command prompt is opened, you should enter the text “ipconfig“ and hit Enter. You should note down the address mentioned in front of the IPV4 Address.
- You can now open the folder labeled “Minecraft Servers“ and then navigate to “Maxwell (0000)“. Please note that 0000 is just an example; there will be a random number in it. Then, launch the “Server Properties” (which is a text document).
- You can now write down the item called “Server Port“. In most cases, it may be something similar to 25565. However, it may appear in a different number on your PC.
- You can launch Minecraft now and go to the option called “Play Multiplayer“.
- Make sure you choose the preferred server you wish to join. You should just click on it and choose “Edit“.
- You can choose any server name based on your preference. However, the server’s address MUST be the IPV4 address you noted earlier. For instance, your IP address must be XXX.XXX.X.X. The port number should be entered just after the IP address, like:25565. The port number can vary, however, and it may appear like XXX.XXX.X.X:25565.
- You can now click on the button labeled “Done“. Click on “Refresh“.
- Check if the game works fine now.
Also, here are the best PS4 puzzle games for your reference.
In addition to the above, you should know the list of applications that cannot work in harmony with Minecraft.
If you have installed any of those applications in your system, Minecraft will experience an io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception error due to incompatibility.
You can visit the official website of Minecraft to check the list of incompatible applications.
If you have already installed at least one of them, just uninstall it and see if io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception error persists.