What if you see an iPhone grey screen? What can you do about it? Should you take your device to a service center? Probably not. Here, we will see how to overcome the iPhone grey screen without worrying much.
Well, you are not the only one who experiences this “iPhone grey screen” issue. That means there are many other individuals who come across the same trouble and look for solutions. For many individuals, this issue tends to disappear and recur on their iOS devices.
Reasons for iPhone grey screen
We have listed down several solutions to fix the iPhone grey screen issue in the next paragraphs. However, before we try those solutions, it is important to learn the reasons behind this error. For many users, this error occurs out of nowhere to their unpleasant surprise. According to our findings, there are a couple of reasons behind this issue. Mentioned below are the top two reasons that can trigger the iPhone grey screen issue on your device.
● Accidental triple-click
If you have accidentally triple-clicked the home button of your iOS device, that can evoke the greyscale mode. This will happen without the knowledge and make you frustrated.
● A bug or a malfunction on the device
Your iOS device has a bug or malfunction, and it could trigger the iPhone grey screen issue. This is particularly true after performing an update.
Part 1: Best ways to fix iPhone grey screen issue
No matter for what reason your iPhone has a grey screen, there are three solutions to address it. We list down those three solutions for your reference so you can get an idea about it.
|Type of Solution||Level of difficulty||Success rate||Time required||Risk of data loss||What type of issues can it fix?|
|iMyFone Fixppo||Easy||100%||A short time||No data loss||All the iOS issues|
|Factory Resetting||Relatively difficult||80%||A long time||Full data loss||Most of the issues|
|Restoring the device through iTunes||Difficult||80%||A long time||Data loss||Most of the issues|
Method 01: iMyFone Fixppo to fix iPhone grey screen issue
If you notice the iPhone grey screen recurring no matter what steps you have taken, Fixppo can help you. In simplest terms, iMyFone Fixppo is a powerful tool that can fix all the issues related to your iOS. So, this tool could be the ultimate solution to fix iPhone grey screen issue and many more.
Does the iPhone grey screen repeatedly appear no matter what steps you have taken already? If so, it could be due to a malfunction of the iOS. It is needless to say how annoying this feature is. If this is the case, the best option to try is iMyFone Fixppo. Well, iMyFone Fixppo is an iOS system recovery tool. It can help you get rid of the issues without much effort. As mentioned in the table, Fixppo is the most efficient way to get rid of the iPhone grey screen.
- Fixppo can repair all the iOS issues on your device with a success rate of 100%.
- Fixppo comes with a very simple user-interface, so even a novice can use it without any hassle.
- You can use Fixppo to repair your iOS device without causing any data loss.
- Fixppo is compatible with all iPhone models and all the iOS versions.
If you wish to rectify the iPhone grey screen quickly, follow the steps below with iMyFone Fixppo.
01. As the first step, you should download Fixppo and install it on your computer. Once you have done that, you should launch it as well. Then, in the main window, please click on “Standard Mode.” After that, just connect the iPhone to the same PC using a USB cable. Please note that you should unlock the device; otherwise, it will not be recognized by Fixppo.
02. Now, please follow the on-screen instructions & put the device in DFU/recovery mode. As a result, the program will detect the model of the iPhone and the appropriate firmware to it. You will have to choose the most appropriate option of firmware to download it. Then, choose the option called “Download,” so the process will start.
03. At the completion of the download, you should hit the option called “Start.” Then, Fixppo will start to fix the device immediately. After that, you will see that the iPhone is restarting. Them, the iPhone grey screen will be gone.
Basically, Fixppo is a superb tool that is developed for every individual who has an iOS device. Whenever those iOS devices come across with problems, Fixppo can fix them without any trouble. So, for any iOS user, downloading Fixppo (at least its trial version) would be handy.
Method 02: Perform a factory reset
A factory reset is another solution you can try in order to solve iPhone grey screen error. In fact, this method will get rid of some of the settings that might be causing this issue. In order to factory reset your iOS device, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you should go to “Settings” and then go to “General.”
- After that, you should go to “Reset” and then “Erase all Contents and Settings.”
- Now, you will have to enter the passcode of the device once it is prompted.
- Then, please click on the “Erase iPhone” option to complete the process.
- Once your iOS device is restarted, you can set it up as a new device with no issues.
Please note that this method will get rid of all the data stored in your device. So, it is imperative to create a backup of your data before proceeding to factory reset your device.
Method 03: Restore the device using iTunes
Apart from the above two methods, it is possible to fix the device by restoring it with iTunes. Below is a simple guide to get it done.
- As the first step, you should connect the iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes.
- Once the iPhone is detected and appeared in iTunes, you should click on the iPhone icon.
- Now, under the “Summary” tab, you should click on the option labeled “Restore iPhone.”
- Then click on the “Restore” option once again. That is to confirm your action.
Part 2: Other methods to fix iPhone grey screen
In this section, let’s explain some other ways of fixing this issue. These methods are perfect for devices on which the issue is not persistent. That said, let’s learn how to use these methods to fix your iOS device.
Method 01: If the grayscale mode is enabled, disable it
Sometimes, the issue may not be an actual “issue.” It could be possible if the screen is grey because you have enabled the grayscale feature. Please follow up to get it done.
- Go to “Settings” and choose “General.”
- Then, choose “Accessibility.”
- Tap on the option called “Display Accommodations.”
- Then, go to “Color Filters.” Turn it off if it is on and disable the grayscale mode.
Method 02: Force restart the iPhone
If there is nothing to do with the grayscale mode, you should try a force start. The steps are slightly different from one version to another.
● iPhone 6 and older
First, tap on the power button and hold it so you can see the Apple logo.
● iPhone 7, 7 Plus
Tap on the power button and volume button and hold them to see the Apple logo.
● iPhone 8 and newer
First, press and release the volume up button. Then, do the same using the volume down button as well. Then, you should press the power button to see the Apple logo.
Method 03: Update the device
If none of the above two methods have worked for you, update the device and see what happens. Mentioned below are the steps to update your iOS device.
- First, go to the “Settings” and then go to the option labeled “General.”
- Now, tap on the option called “Software Update.”
- If there is an update, just tap on it and choose “Download and Install.”
By the way, let’s fix the iPhone stuck on the iTunes logo error easily now.
So, that’s how to fix iPhone grey screen issue on your device. As you can clearly understand, iMyFone Fixppo is the most convenient and reliable option to fix it.