If your iPhone time wrong, you should take immediate action to fix it and get the correct time. Wrong time on your iPhone can lead to various other consequences, including missing important reminders. So, knowing how to fix it is handy for any iPhone user regardless of the version they use.
The truth is that you are not the only one who experiences this issue. That means, there are many other individuals who experience “iPhone time wrong” issue and looking for solutions. When the time is incorrect on your device, it can prevent you from downloading apps through the App Store. Also, it can prevent you from accessing various other functions that are very important for the device.
If your iPhone doesn’t have the correct time, it will prevent you from making calls. Also, it won’t let you send messages and even open some apps on the device. Therefore, it is exceptionally important to have the correct time on your iOS device. If you wonder how to get it done, let’s learn how to do it by reading the below-mentioned methods.
What makes iPhone time wrong?
Before you go to the solutions part straightaway, it is important to learn the reasons behind this issue. As per the information we found, this issue can trigger due to several reasons. We have listed a couple of those reasons for your information.
- It can happen due to some error in the iOS, specifically after performing a jailbreak. Also, it can happen due to missing files due to jailbreaking.
- Have you set the Time Zone of the respective iOS device to “Automatically“? If so, the time will change automatically if you reach a different time zone. As a result, when the device identifies the location differently, it will automatically set to a different location. Then, it will make the time and the date of the device wrong.
Solutions to fix “iPhone time wrong” issue
Regardless of the reason for the “iPhone time wrong” error, you can fix it and use the device again. With that said, mentioned below are the fixes you should try. Please note that you don’t have to use all of them. Just try them one by one, and you can stop if one solution works.
Method 01: Update the device
Well, updating the iOS device can be a very handy solution to address various issues. In fact, a large number of users say that they were able to fix issues simply by updating their devices. So, it can be used to fix this “iPhone time wrong” issue as well. Mentioned below are the steps you should follow in order to update your iOS device.
- First, you should go to “Settings.”
- Then, choose the option labeled “General” and select “Software Update.”
- Then, your iPhone will search for potential iOS updates. Just download the updates if a new version is available.
Method 02: Check the synchronized time on the computer
If your computer does comprise the correct time and date, those settings will be transferred to the iPhone too. It can happen specifically because of the synchronization issue. Therefore, you should check if your computer (Mac or Windows) currently displays the correct time. If not, you should rectify it.
Method 03: Toggle the date and time Manually/Automatically
If you have set the time of the device to “Manually,” you might have entered the wrong time. In that case, you should allow the iOS device to get the time “Automatically.” As a result, it will acquire the time based on the location. You can do it by using the steps mentioned below.
- First, you should go to “Settings.”
- Then, you should go to “General” and tap on “Date & Time.”
- After that, tap on the option called “Set Automatically” and turn it on.
If the time is set to “Automatically” and the device displays an incorrect time, it could be a bug. In that case, please change the time manually. For those who don’t know how to change the time manually, below are the steps to follow.
- First, you should click the “Settings” and then click “General.”
- After that, tap on the option called “Date & Time.”
- Now, tap on the option labeled “Set Automatically,” so it will be turned off.
- As the final step, choose the appropriate date, time, and time zone as well.
Method 04: Use iMyFone Fixppo to fix “iPhone time wrong” issue
If none of the above options have worked for you so far, iMyFone Fixppo could be the solution. Well, this is a professional third-party tool that comprises a variety of tools to repair your iOS device. In fact, this tool has the ability to fix any issue related to your iOS.
Mentioned below are some reasons why many iOS device users love this tool.
- The interface of this software is simple& intuitive. Even a novice user can use this tool to repair the device in a couple of minutes.
- This tool is compatible with any iOS version and iOS device.
- This tool is designed by iMyFone, and it is recommended by renowned organizations.
- iMyFone Fixppo can repair the device without causing a data loss.
How to use Fixppo and repair “iPhone time wrong” issue in a couple of minutes
- First, you should download Fixppo on your computer and get it installed properly. Then, please launch the tool to see its home interface. Then, click on the option called “Standard Mode.” After that, you should connect your iPhone to the same computer and click “Next.” The program will automatically detect the connected iPhone, and you can proceed to the next step. If that didn’t work, make sure that you put your device in DFU or Recovery Mode.
- Once the connected iPhone enters the DFU/Recovery mode, you should download the iOS device’s firmware to move on. As a result, the software will detect your device. Then, it will display the available versions of appropriate firmware. Choose the most suitable one and click “Download.”
- You should check the information related to firmware and device. Then, hit the “Start” button. Now, you should see that the software is fixing the iOS issues automatically. You should see if it is possible to restart your iPhone normally. For many users, this method works. If not, you should try its “Advanced Mode.”
Method 05: Override the Time Zone
On some devices, this error can also occur due to some time zone issues associated with the Calendar app. To fix it, please follow below simple guide.
- Go to “Settings” and tap on “Calendar.”
- Then, go to the option called “Time Zone Override.”
Method 06: Turn off the Location Services on the device
- First, go to “Settings” and choose “Privacy.”
- Then, disable the “Location Services.”
Method 07: Restore your device through iTunes
Do you think that the “iPhone time wrong” issue occurring due to some data or wrong settings? If so, you should restore the device using iTunes. Make sure that you back up your device before proceeding with this method. Otherwise, your data will be lost.
- Go to iTunes on your computer. Then, connect the faulty device to it.
- Now, you should choose the option called “Restore Backup.” Then, select the most recent backup of the iPhone. Then, click on “Restore.”
- Your iOS device will be restored to previous settings whose it worked fine.
Method 08: Get in touch with your cellular service provider
Sometimes, the issue can appear due to a restriction applied by the service provider. In fact, not all carriers support location services in all countries for time and date settings. In that case, you should contact the service provider to fix it.
So, that’s how to fix the “iPhone time wrong” issue.