iPhone Update Error 4000 is commonly known as iTunes error 4000 too. Generally speaking, it is a pretty basic error that can still create various problems for you. As a result, it can stop you from updating the iPhone. With that said, there are three main causes of this issue. Mentioned below are those causes so you can get a better idea of it.
● The updates you have installed
In a large number of cases, iPhone Update Error 4000 can be triggered when the iPhone is already updated. That means when the device is updated to the latest version of the software available to iTunes. So, technically, your iPhone doesn’t require a new update. Instead, it can be used after restarting normally.
● The device is locked
iPhone Update Error 4000 can trigger if the device you are trying to update is locked with a passcode. That means, it can happen if the device is locked when the installation process for the update is started. So, you should remember that the iPhone needs to be unlocked in order to be updated by iTunes.
● iTunes is outdated
This error can appear if the iTunes application being outdated. In general, the iTunes application is supposed to be updated automatically without any issue. However, there can be some instances in which the update may fail even without your knowledge. If that is the case, you may experience iPhone Update Error 4000.
So, that will give you a basic understanding of the nature of the problem. As a result, we are in a position to move towards its solutions. Make sure that you follow the instructions carefully, so there is no room for conflicts.
Solutions to Fix iPhone Update Error 4000
You already know how annoying iPhone Update Error 4000 is. So, fixing it as soon as possible is very important. We have done the hard work for you and found several solutions to address this issue. Mentioned below are those solutions to get you out of this iPhone Update Error 4000.
Part 1: Use iMyFone TunesFix to fix iPhone Update Error 4000
When it comes to fixing iPhone Update Error 4000, it is always better to use a professional repairing tool. By using a tool like iMyFone TunesFix, you can easily repair most errors related to your iOS device.
As we mentioned earlier, we explain several methods to fix this error. However, using iMyFone TunesFix is the most convenient, fastest, and reliable method to address this issue. There are various different reasons to choose iMyFone TunesFix over the other methods to fix it. Thanks to its smart algorithm, it can accurately locate the mistake’s source without spending much time. As a result, you can just click a button, and TunesFix will take care of the rest. In addition to that, it can keep your iTunes in a long-term healthy status as well. That is specifically because it provides detailed examinations and cleaning features.
TunesFix becomes specifically handy when repairing the issues pertaining to updates or connectivity issues. According to past records, TunesFix can fix pretty much all the cases associated with the iOS system. Basically, it is a must-have one-stop solution for any iOS user.
List of features associated with iMyFone TunesFix
Mentioned below is a list of features associated with iMyFone TunesFix.
- It can scan and auto-detect various issues such as iPhone error 9 or iPhone Update Error 4000, and iTunes Error 11 on your iTunes. Also, it can repair iTunes quickly via manually choosing related repair modes.
- It can address more than 100 iTunes problems automatically.
- The very speedy process that can rectify the potential errors within a couple of minutes.
- Perfectly safe repairing process, and you won’t lose any file while using TunesFix.
- It can boost iTunes performance with a single click.
- You can use it to iTunes completely and even erase the data traces of iTunes installation files.
How to fix iPhone Update Error 4000 with TunesFix
Now, let’s learn how to fix iPhone Update Error 4000 using this special software.
- First, you should launch TunesFix and wait so its automatic scanning process will complete.
- If TunesFix’s scanning process can detect an issue, you can fix it using the Repair button. However, if it doesn’t detect any problem, you will have to navigate the main screen.
- Once you have successfully repaired the error, the tool will take you to the main screen. If you want to find and resolve another problem, you should manually select other iTunes problems mode.
- Now, you should click on the Repair button. As a result, the issue will be displayed on the next screen. After clicking on that button, the repairing process will begin. Please note that an internet connection may be required to complete the repairing process.
Part 2: Other ways to fix iPhone Update Error 4000 [With lower success rate]
In this section, we explain several other solutions to Fix iPhone Update Error 4000. Although these methods may not be as easy as the previous one, they can be handy at times. Some users may have tried these tips, but we present them for your reference. Although they are not 100% effective in fixing the issue for you, we mention them below. So, if you don’t want to install TunesFix, you can use a method from this list.
Besides, regarding the Apple ID verification failed issue, click here to fix it easily.
02.1. Restart the device and the computer
Well, the most basic and simplest method you should try when iPhone Update Error 4000 appears is restarting. That means you should restart the iPhone and computer. After that, you should try again to update your device.
02.2. Download the updates directly
Sometimes, the error can be triggered due to a failed update. In that case, you can download them directly on the iPhone. To get it done, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, go to “Settings” and click on “General.”
- Then, go to the option called “Software Updates.” After that, you should click on General and select “Software Updates.”
- Now, iPhone will check if there is a new update available for your iOS device. Just click on the button labeled “Download and Install Now” if there is an update available.
02.3. Update iTunes
iPhone Update Error 4000 can trigger due to outdated iTunes too. So, if restarting the devices doesn’t work, you should update your iTunes application to the latest version. You should follow the steps below to get it done.
- Go to iTunes and click on the option called “Help” in the top right corner.
- Then, go to “Check for Updates” from the available options.
- Once you have done that, iTunes will automatically check and download available updates.
- After that, you should update your phone and check to see if the issue persists.
02.4. Close potentially conflicting programs
In some cases, iPhone Update Error 4000 can appear due to conflicting programs in your system. So, the solution to address this issue is by stopping those conflicting programs and proceed. Mentioned below is how to get it done.
- First, you should launch Task Manager simply by clicking Ctrl-Alt-Del simultaneously. This step will allow you to see the list of programs that are currently running in the system.
- Now, you should go to the Processes tab and then stop the programs one by one. To do that, you can highlight each program and click on the button labeled “End Process.”
- Now, you should observe if the error message will reoccur whenever you stop a process.
- After identifying the program that causes the error, you can go ahead with the next troubleshooting step. That means you can reinstall the application.
02.5. Perform a Disk Cleanup
If the free space on your PC is very low, you can experience this error. So, you can fix it by running a Disk Cleanup. Before you perform a Disk Cleanup, however, you should consider creating a backup of your files. Then, you should free up space on the hard drive. You can also clear the cache and reboot the PC to see if the issue is resolved.
To run a Disk Cleanup, you should open your explorer window first. Then, you should right-click your main directory. After that, click on Properties and then click Disk Cleanup.
02.6. Disable the Antivirus Software
Have you installed an antivirus program? Well, antivirus programs may conflict with iTunes’operations sometimes. Technically, your antivirus software may prevent certain processes of iTunes from properly working and thereby cause this error. So, as a temporary fix, you can temporarily disable your antivirus. Then, you should update your iPhone via iTunes. Once the iOS device is updated successfully, you should enable your antivirus software as it was.
02.7. Ensure that you use the latest iTunes version
There is a possibility for iPhone Update Error 4000 to occur due to an older iTunes version. To get it fixed, you should always keep your iTunes version updated to the latest.
Updating iTunes on a Windows PC
- First, you should launch iTunes on the PC.
- Then, you should launch the Help Button and then go to Check for Updates option.
- If you see an available update, just get it updated.
Updating iTunes on a Mac
- First, launch iTunes on your Mac.
- Then, go to Help and then select Check for Updates.
- If there is an update available, follow the onscreen instructions and update the iTunes.
02.8. Update the PC’s OS to the Latest Version
In certain cases, updating the OS to the latest version can do the trick. Updating the OS can help address many minor glitches in the OS. So, give it a try and see if it works.
Some users experience iPhone Update Error 4000 just because of a poor USB connection. So, be sure to change the USB port and see if the issue is persisting. Also, try a different USB cable and connect the iPhone with it to see if the issue is gone. At least one of those solutions should fix iPhone Update Error 4000.