iPhone Update Error 4000 is commonly known as iTunes error 4000 too. Generally speaking, it is a basic error that can still create various problems for you.
As a result, it can stop you from updating the iPhone. With that said, there are three main causes of this issue. Below are those causes so you can get a better idea of them.
● The Updates You Have Installed
In many cases, iPhone Update Error 4000 can be triggered when the iPhone is already updated. That means when the device is updated to the latest software available to iTunes.
So, technically, your iPhone doesn’t require a new update. Instead, it can be used after restarting normally.
● The Device is Locked
iPhone Update Error 4000 can trigger if the device you are trying to update is locked with a passcode. That means it can happen if the device is locked when the installation process for the update is started.
So, you should remember that the iPhone needs to be unlocked to be updated by iTunes.
● iTunes is Outdated
This error can appear if the iTunes application is outdated. In general, the iTunes application is supposed to be updated automatically without any issue.
However, there can be some instances where the update may fail without your knowledge. If that is the case, you may experience iPhone Update Error 4000.
So, that will give you a basic understanding of the nature of the problem. As a result, we are in a position to move towards its solutions. Make sure you follow the instructions carefully, so there is no room for conflicts.
Solutions to Fix iPhone Update Error 4000
You already know how annoying iPhone Update Error 4000 is. So, fixing it as soon as possible is very important.
We have worked hard for you and found several solutions to address this issue. Below are those solutions to get you out of this iPhone Update Error 4000.
When fixing iPhone Update Error 4000, it is always better to use a professional repairing tool. By using a tool like Tenorshare TunesCare, you can easily repair most errors related to your iOS device.
As we mentioned earlier, we explain several methods to fix this error. However, using Tenorshare TunesCare is the most convenient, fastest, and most reliable method to address this issue.
There are various reasons to choose Tenorshare TunesCare over the other methods to fix it. Thanks to its smart algorithm, it can accurately locate the mistake’s source without spending much time.
As a result, you can just click a button, and TunesCare will take care of the rest. In addition, it can keep your iTunes in a long-term healthy status as well. That is specifically because it provides detailed examinations and cleaning features.
TunesCare becomes specifically handy when repairing the issues updates or connectivity issues. According to records, TunesCare can fix almost all the cases associated with the iOS system. Basically, it is a must-have one-stop solution for any iOS user.
Mentioned below is a list of features associated with Tenorshare TunesCare.
- It can scan and auto-detect various issues such as iPhone Update Error 4000. Also, it can repair iTunes quickly via manually choosing related repair modes.
- It can address more than 100 iTunes problems automatically.
- A very speedy process that can rectify the potential errors within a few minutes.
- Perfectly safe repairing process, and you won’t lose any files while using TunesCare.
- It can boost iTunes performance with a single click.
- You can use iTunes completely and even erase the data traces of iTunes installation files.
How to Fix iPhone Update Error 4000 with TunesCare
Let’s learn how to fix iPhone Update Error 4000 using this special software.
- First, you should download & launch Tenorshare TunesCare, connect your iOS to your PC, then choose the “Fix All iTunes Issues” option to continue.
- If TunesCare’s scanning process can detect an issue, you can fix it using the Repair iTunes button.
- Now, TunesCare starts to fix the iTunes error by rebuilding iTunes on your computer.
Part 2: Other Ways to Fix iPhone Update Error 4000 [With Lower Success Rate]
This section explains several other solutions to Fix iPhone Update Error 4000. Although these methods may not be as easy as the previous one, they can be handy sometimes. Some users may have tried these tips, but we present them for your reference.
Although they are not 100% effective in fixing the issue for you, we mention them below. So, if you don’t want to install Tenorshare TunesCare, you can use a method from this list.
2.1. Restart the Device and the Computer
The most basic and simplest method you should try when iPhone Update Error 4000 appears is restarting. That means you should restart the iPhone and computer. After that, you should try again to update your device.
2.2. Download the Updates Directly
Sometimes, the error can be triggered due to a failed update. In that case, you can download them directly on the iPhone. To get it done, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, go to “Settings” and click on “General“.
- Then, go to the option called “Software Updates“. Afterward, you should click on General and select “Software Updates”.
- Now, iPhone will check if a new update is available for your iOS device. Just click on the button labeled “Download and Install Now” if an update is available.
2.3. Update iTunes
iPhone Update Error 4000 can trigger due to outdated iTunes too. So, if restarting the devices doesn’t work, you should update your iTunes application to the latest version. You should follow the steps below to get it done.
- Go to iTunes and click on the option called “Help” in the top right corner.
- Then, go to “Check for Updates” from the available options.
- Once you have done that, iTunes will automatically check and download available updates.
- After that, you should update your phone and check to see if the issue persists.
2.4. Close Potentially Conflicting Programs
In some cases, iPhone Update Error 4000 can appear due to conflicting programs in your system. So, the solution to this issue is to stop those conflicting programs and proceed. Mentioned below is how to get it done.
- First, you should launch Task Manager simply by clicking Ctrl-Alt-Del simultaneously. This step will allow you to see the list of programs currently running in the system.
- Now, you should go to the Processes tab and stop the programs one by one. To do that, you can highlight each program and click on the “End Process” button.
- You should observe if the error message will reoccur whenever you stop a process.
- After identifying the program that causes the error, you can go ahead with the next troubleshooting step. That means you can reinstall the application.
2.5. Perform a Disk Cleanup
If the free space on your PC is very low, you can experience this error. So, you can fix it by running a Disk Cleanup. Before performing a Disk Cleanup, however, you should consider creating a backup of your files.
Then, you should free up space on the hard drive. You can also clear the cache and reboot the PC to see if the issue is resolved.
To run a Disk Cleanup, you should open your explorer window first. Then, you should right-click your main directory. After that, click on Properties and then click Disk Cleanup.
2.6. Disable the Antivirus Software
Have you installed an antivirus program? Well, antivirus programs may conflict with iTunes operations sometimes. Technically, your antivirus software may prevent certain processes of iTunes from properly working and thereby cause this error.
So, as a temporary fix, you can temporarily disable your antivirus. Then, you should update your iPhone via iTunes. Once the iOS device is updated successfully, you should enable your antivirus software as it was.
2.7. Ensure That You Use the Latest iTunes Version
There is a possibility for iPhone Update Error 4000 to occur due to an older iTunes version. To fix it, you should always keep your iTunes version updated to the latest.
Updating iTunes on a Windows PC
- First, you should launch iTunes on the PC.
- Then, you should launch the Help Button and then go to the Check for Updates option.
- If you see an available update, just get it updated.
Updating iTunes on a Mac
- First, launch iTunes on your Mac.
- Then, go to Help and then select Check for Updates.
- If there is an update available, follow the onscreen instructions and update iTunes.
2.8. Update the PC’s OS to the Latest Version
In certain cases, updating the OS to the latest version can do the trick. Updating the OS can help address many minor glitches in the OS. So, give it a try and see if it works.
Some users experience iPhone Update Error 4000 because of a poor USB connection. So, change the USB port and see if the issue persists.
Also, try a different USB cable and connect the iPhone to see if the issue is gone. At least one of those solutions should fix iPhone Update Error 4000.