“iPhone volume buttons stuck” can be among the most common issues users might experience. In simplest terms, this issue means you don’t see any reaction on the device when you press volume buttons. There can be many reasons behind this issue, but the good news is that it is fixable.
There are several regular fixes to address this issue. So, we reveal those fixes that may address the “iPhone volume buttons stuck” regardless of the origin.
A surprising number of iOS devices experience issues with their volume buttons because of accumulated dirt. When dirt and debris accumulate within the small spaces, the button can start to malfunction. If that is the case with your device, the only solution is to clean the button properly. In this case, you will have to use a clean cotton bud dipped in clean water. Then, wipe the same area with a dry piece of cloth or another cotton bud to remove water.
02. Clean the device’s charge port to fix ‘iPhone Volume Buttons Stuck’
Sometimes, you may experience volume-related issues as a result of dirty connectors as well. When there is debris or dirt in the connectors, your headphone cannot connect correctly. As a result, the device will not produce any sound, so you think that there is something wrong. In that case, you should clean that to get the volume under control once again. To clean the connectors of the iPhone, you should use a toothpick. Be sure to clean it with a gentle approach. Both the headphone jack and the connectors should be cleaned. Once all the debris is removed, the ports and the connector should work fine. For many users, this trick has worked fine.
Under usual conditions, you should hear a nice clicking sound when you press the volume buttons. So, if you don’t hear such a sound, there should be something wrong with it. In fact, it can happen when something has stuck in between the volume button. So, just try to click it several times and notice if you hear or feel the perfect click sound. If there is no perfect click sound, take your phone to an Apple store and get it fixed.
04. Update your iOS to fix iPhone Volume Buttons Stuck
If you don’t see any mechanical error, the next solution is to update the iOS version. Sometimes, outdated iOS versions lead to a variety of issues, so there is no other way than updating it. In fact, having your iOS updated is a smart choice as it increases device security as well. So, if your iPhone volume buttons stuck, updating your device is a step worth trying. Mentioned below are the steps you should try in order to get it done.
- First, you must ensure that your iPhone has enough battery. Then, connect the device to a reliable Wi-Fi network that has solid performance and enough data.
- Now, please go to the Settings of your iPhone and click on the tab labeled “General.”
- Locate the option called “Software Update” and click on it.
- Now, please click on the option labeled “Download and Install.” However, if you have already downloaded the app, click on “Install Now.”
05. Restore the device to its factory settings
If the device doesn’t work properly even after performing an iOS update, perform a factory reset on it. However, if you perform a factory reset, the data stored in the device will be erased completely. Therefore, we strongly recommend you to create a backup of the existing data before resetting the device. To perform a factory reset, you should follow the steps below.
- First, make sure that your iPhone has enough battery. If not, you should charge it fully before performing a factory reset.
- Connect the device to a good Wi-Fi network so you can avoid potential trucks.
- Now, connect the device to your computer using the original cable. Then, ensure that you update the iTunes on the computer.
- Launch iTunes on the computer and click on “Restore.” It is located under the tab labeled “Summary.”
- Now, iTunes will start to download the firmware for the device.
- Wait for a couple of minutes so the device will restore.
- You can then configure your iPhone as a new one.
06. Check if there is faulty hardware to fix ‘iPhone Volume Buttons Stuck’
If the device has hardware damage, that could be the cause behind the volume button issue. For instance, if you have dropped it on a hard floor, that can lead to various malfunctions. So, check for such damages.
The above methods we have mentioned in this article are regular fixes. You don’t need to download any software to perform any of those solutions and fix your device. However, the effectiveness of those fixes cannot be guaranteed. In other words, those fixes may not work as expected. The good news is that there are some professional, powerful tools to address this issue with ease. In this section, we explain how to use those tools and fix the “iPhone volume button stuck” issue.
iMyFone Fixppo iOS System Recovery is a powerful tool that has a range of features. This tool can easily fix various issues associated with your iOS device, including iPhone volume buttons stuck. One of the biggest advantages of it is that it can resolve errors without causing any data loss.
Features of iMyFone iOS System Recovery
- Three modes to select from and fix your iOS device depending on the type of the error.
- Perfectly compatible with Windows, Mac, and iOS platforms.
- Works with all the iOS devices, including the newest.
- You can use it to fix issues like frozen iPhone, iTunes errors, black screen of death, etc.
- It doesn’t require any technical knowledge.
Here are the steps to follow.
- First, please download & install the program on your PC and launch it to see the main interface. Then, please connect your iPhone to the same computer with the cable provided. You can then choose the “Standard Mode” to fix the error without causing any data loss.
- You can put the device on DFU mode now. Then, follow the onscreen instructions.
- Now the device will be detected automatically. Click on the option called “Download” so the respective firmware for the device will be downloaded.
- Once the firmware download is completed, click on the option called “Start” so the fixing will be started.
- At the completion of the process, simply restart the device so the problem should be gone.
Tenorshare ReiBoot is a powerful and very smart tool that can fix more than 50 issues on iOS devices. Perhaps, this could be the ultimate solution to address your iPhone volume buttons stuck. ReiBoot can fix this error without causing any data loss too. It has a specific feature called “Repair Operating System” that helps you resolve the iOS-related errors. For instance, it can fix errors like iPhone black screen, iPhone stuck on Apple logo, white screen, etc.
- As the obvious first step, you should download and install ReiBoot on your computer. Then, you should launch the software to see its home screen. Connect the faulty device into the same computer with the original cable. Then, click on the option called “Repair Operating System.”
- You can now click on the option called “Start Repair.” This will begin the repair process. It will also prompt you to download the firmware package as well. Once prompted, click on the option labeled “Download” and save it.
- Click on the option called “Repair Now” once the download is completed so the issues will be fixed.
Wait for a couple of minutes for the device to reboot automatically.
What else can you do?
If you are yet to succeed after all those fixes, you may need to disassemble the device. Only then you can determine what has happened to the volume button. However, we don’t recommend that approach if you don’t have prior knowledge in handling iPhone hardware. You will also have to invest in new volume buttons as well if a replacement is required. Also, you must have a proper toolkit to disassemble an iPhone. Also, please note that the warranty of the iPhone voids if you remove the cover and disassemble it. As long as you are ready to take that risk, you can go ahead with this method. For one last time, WE DON’T RECOMMEND IT unless you have prior experience in handling Apple hardware.
As a last resort, you can consider taking your faulty device to the closes Apple store. They will disassemble your device using the proper technique and repair it. If the device cannot be repaired and its warranty is valid, you may even get a replacement phone. Besides, there are some companies that send certified professionals to your doorstep and repair the device.
Both Tenoreshare ReiBoot and iMyFone Fixppo iOS System Recovery show an impressive success rate when repairing iOS devices. If there’s no hardware-related issue, one of those can fix the iPhone volume buttons stuck issue on your device. Please leave a comment below if you know better solutions to address such issues.