The iPhone X is the latest production of Apple. It has caught the attention of a large audience all over the world. This is owing to the large variety of up to date features incorporated into these latest devices, ranging from intuitive gestures, augmented reality, super retina screen, all-screen look and much more. If you have your hands on the iPhone X at the moment, you must be very excited about learning all its features and capabilities. Most importantly, after you have a new device in hand, it is essential that you primarily learn how to backup iPhone X to keep your data safe in the future. An iPhone X backup is very important to save all your valuable images, audio and video files, messages, contacts, and the like on the new iPhone X device.
It is essential that you develop a habit of making an iPhone X backup regularly. When you backup iPhone X, you are allowed to restore it without any trouble to retrieve any desired data file. You have arrived at the right source to learn about doing this. We can offer you best ways to make an iPhone X backup, using easy to use methods. Additionally, we have included the names and features of the particular efficient program for your convenience while backing up your iPhone X.
All iPhone users receive a free 5 GB storage space on the iCloud app by default, which can be expanded later by purchasing more storage. Using your iCloud account, you can make an iPhone X backup as well. Instead of connecting iPhone X to the system, a comprehensive backup can be simply taken by you. The automatic backup option can also be made use of, for your added convenience. You can afterward, use the iCloud backup files to restore your device.
The steps below provide valuable information on how you can do iPhone X backup using iCloud.
- Step 1: You can start by unlocking the iPhone X device and visit the ‘iCloud’ option from Settings.
- Step 2: Then click on the ‘Backup’ button and ensure that the iCloud backup feature is switched on.
- Step 3: After this, you can select the data backup options among any type of content on your iPhone X.
- Step 4: If you want an instant backup, just click on ‘Backup Now.’
It is important to remember that a steady internet connection is a prerequisite before proceeding to make such an iPhone X backup. This process of backing up may take some time, and you must patiently wait till it is completed.
The help of the iTunes app can also be taken in this case, which is a mostly trouble-free process. Although you will not be capable of taking selective backups; using iTunes can save you on more time as compared to iCloud. By using the iTunes app, you can make an iPhone X backup either on your local storage or iCloud.
The steps below provide valuable information on iPhone X backup using iTunes.
- Step 1: To begin with, you can launch the latest iTunes version. If the version of iTunes, which you have, is not up to date, then the app will not acknowledge the iPhone X device.
- Step 2: Now you must wait for some time till iTunes detects your iPhone X. You can just visit the icon of the device and choose the name of the new iPhone X device.
- Step 3: After doing this, you can go to the ‘Summary’ sector located on the left-hand side to view entire options.
- Step 4: Now you can restore or backup iPhone X, from the ‘Backup’ segment among the options.
- Step 5: Having done this, you can choose if you want to store your backup files your local storage or on iCloud.
- Step 6: Following your selection, you must tap on the icon of “Backup Now” to set up a content backup file.
- Step 7: Finally, you must wait for some time while the iTunes app takes a device backup of your data. Soon after, you can visit the ‘Devices’ option from iTunes’ Preferences and check for your latest backup folder.
If you want to back up your phone data selectively, then h Dr.Fone – iOS Data Backup & Restore is the way to go. You can easily use this program to backup iPhone X in a fast and efficient time. This program is regularly used by most iOS users to get a 100% security of their data along with unfailing results while you backup iPhone X.
This tool can complete your backup tasks on the new iPhone X device in a single click. The program is also useful and efficient for restoring any backup on any device including iPhone X. This answer is being used and appreciated by people all over the world, facing your situation.
The dr.fone program can be used on any iOS device including the latest iOS 12 for backing up and restoring purposes, of almost all types of data like your images, audio and video files, contacts, notes, messages, call logs, and much more. It supports both Windows and Mac operating systems.
While employing the program, you will not face any sort of compression or loss of data. Contrasting to iCloud or iTunes, you will be capable of selecting the type of data file that you want to back up on your iPhone X.
- Dr.fone is a single click solution to back up your entire Apple device to the PC, including WhatsApp Backup and Restore.
- The program can let you restore and preview any desired data file from your phone’s backup.
- It can let you make transfers of any data file from your back up to the PC.
- You are guaranteed of zero loss of data on your device.
- It can allow you to make a selective backup along with restoring any data.
- Support the entire iPhone range, including iPhone 12, which functions on iOS 14.
- It fully supports MacOS 11, and Windows 10.
Follow the steps below carefully for satisfying and effective results:
Step 1: You can start by downloading and installing the dr.fone program on the PC.
Step 2: Then link the iPhone X device to the PC and wait till dr.fone recognizes your phone on its interface. Among the given options, you can choose the ‘Phone Backup‘ to backup iPhone X.
Step 3: The program interface will allow you to choose the data type for backup. In case you need to entirely backup iPhone X, you must click on the ‘Select All‘ button. If not, you can just choose the necessary data content manually.
Step 4: Having made this choice, you must now tap on the ‘Backup‘ icon to carry on.
Step 5: Now you must wait for a while, while the program backs up the content, which you have already chosen previously. You can observe the iPhone X backup progress from its program interface too.
Step 6: After the whole process is successfully completed, a prompt will be sent to notify you about it. You can just get your backup preview from the program main screen, which would be divided neatly into many categories.
After finishing the procedure, you can safely disconnect your iPhone X. Also, make certain that you have a stable internet connection all through the process.
You can make use of this additional program called dr.fone – Phone Transfer to carry out an iPhone X backup.
- dr.fone – Phone Transfer is capable of effortlessly transferring your data from Android to iPhone X, iPhone 8 which may include images, audio and video files, contacts, calendar, messages, song files, and the like.
- The program is also compatible with HTC, Apple, LG, Motorola, Samsung, ZTE, HUAWEI, Google, Sony, Nokia, and many other tablet and smartphone devices.
- It is compatible with the latest versions of the iPhone including the new iOS 14 along with the Android 10.
- The program takes lesser than ten minutes to complete its tasks.
- Enable data transfers from various devices like the Samsung, Nokia, HTC, Motorola, iPhone, and many others to any iPhone devices.
- It is completely supported on Windows 10 and macOS 11.
- Also, the program is supported by major providers including T-Mobile, AT&T, and Sprint Verizon.
Follow these steps carefully for satisfying and effective results:
Step 1: Start by connecting your iPhone X to the PC. After downloading and launching dr.fone on the PC, you must tap on the ‘Phone Transfer‘ option located in the main window. Once the dr.fone program senses your iPhone X, its picture will be shown on its interface.
Step 2: Next the data files on iPhone X will be shown on its window. You must select your preferred data types, which you wish to backup on the New Phone, by checking them and clicking on the ‘Start Transfer‘ button. This will initiate the iPhone X backup. From this point, you must wait till the entire process is completed.
Step 3: Once the backup on your iPhone X is completed, you will be notified about it.
Part 5: How to Selectively Backup iPhone X Data without Restrictions Using iMyfone iTransor (D-Port Pro)
Using iMyFone iTransor (formerly name: D-Port Pro) is definitely the best program to use for iPhone X backup. Time and time again we have seen Apple update iTunes, but they have yet to fix all of the problems that come with it, which is why using an iTunes alternative is the best choice. In our humble opinion, iMyFone iTransor is one of the best iTunes alternatives out there as it provides a lot more tools that iTunes does.
With iMyFone iTransor, you can have your device scanned so that all of the data stored on your iPhone X is shown to you, and after the scan is complete, you will be able to select only the data that you want to have backed up. This prevents time from being wasted and unnecessary data being backed up – it’s great. To selectively back up your iPhone X, follow the steps below.
Step #1 – To start off with, download and install iMyFone D-Port Pro on your computer. Connect your iPhone X to the computer with a USB cable and launch the program to begin.
Step #2 – Once the program has launched you’ll be able to view some basic storage information about your device and some of the other features that are included in this program. Click on the “Back Up & Export from Device” tab from the left menu to begin.
Step #3 – From here, you can select the type of data that you want to have backed up. We will be using the “Back Up Messages” feature, so go ahead and click on that.
Step #4 – The following display will tell you everything that you need to know about this process. Click on the “Back Up” button at the bottom-right to proceed.
Step #5 – After a few minutes of transferring data, the program will have successfully backed up all of your text messages from your iPhone X to your computer.
Step #6 – You will be shown a confirmation screen and will be able to view all of the text messages that iMyFone iTransor has backed up by clicking on “View and Export Messages Backup >>“.
When you want to backup iPhone X, using iMyFone iTransor (D-Port Pro) is definitely in your best interests. Even though a lot of people will choose to continue using iTunes simply because it has been developed by Apple, the same people who created the iPhone X, there’s no doubting that iMyFone D-Port Pro is the better choice. Whether you want to take a backup of all of your iPhone X’s data or you only want to back up text messages, this program can take care of it all.
In a word, these are the top methods to backup iPhone X in easy and convenient methods. The programs mentioned above are very easy to use and can be employed without any prior technical knowledge. You can use any of these programs to make an iPhone X backup without any hassles successfully.