“I updated my iPhone to iOS 13 recently. Now, it experiences ‘iTunes could not connect invalid response‘ error. That means, ‘iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because an invalid response was received from the device‘ error. I have the latest iTunes version installed on my MacBook, though. Please let me have a solution to this.”
“iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because an invalid response was received from the device is so frustrating. This error occurred after I synced my newly bought iPhone to my nephew’s computer and then to my computer. What can I do?”
Mentioned above are a couple of examples about ‘iTunes could not connect invalid response’ issue many individuals face. If you receive such an error message on your device, that means iTunes has some problems on your iOS device. That would be mainly related to a bad connection.
How to solve ‘iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because an invalid response was received from the device’?
The error ‘iTunes could not connect invalid response’ could appear due to several reasons. For instance, iTunes can corrupt, and some components can give troubles as well. So, figuring out the actual reason for this error will not be that easy. Therefore, the easiest fix to address this issue is to install the repair driver for iTunes. With this driver, you can repair more than 100 errors associated with iTunes and make it work again. We have done plenty of research over the past period and ended up with a tool called iMyFone TunesFix. The best thing about this impressive tool is that it downloads and installs drivers with a single click. It saves plenty of time, and it downloads just the right kind of driver. Another excellent benefit associated with this tool is that it doesn’t cause any data loss.
Mentioned below are the steps you should follow in order to repair ‘iTunes could not connect invalid response.’
- 01. First of all, download and install iMyFone TunesFix on the computer. Then, make sure that you have the app launched. Once the software is launched, it will start to detect the issues on your iTunes.
- 02. If TunesFix is capable of fixing the iTunes components issues, you should click on ‘Repair.’ This option will get these things back to normal and let you use iTunes as usual.
- 03. If the iTunes and components don’t have any issues related to them, you will be guided to home-screen. In the home-screen interface, you will have to choose the ‘Repair iTunes Connect Issues‘ option. Then, you will have to click on the option called ‘Repair.’ This option will lead you to download and install the drivers.
Main features of TunesFix
Mentioned below are the most notable features related to iTunes. With this list, you can get a general idea about the capabilities of this tool.
- It has the power of repairing more than 100 errors related to iTunes.
- TunesFix can repair all those errors with a single-click operation.
- 100% no data loss when repairing your iTunes-related issues.
- It can repair issues such as iTunes won’t install/update, iTunes won’t open, iTunes couldn’t back up, Sync Session Failed to Start, etc. Also, it can repair Apple service wasn’t found and many other issues for good.
- You can use it to clean iTunes in one place.
- You can preview and remove iTunes cache, cookies, etc. effectively and get iTunes back to normal.
- It can also preview and remove old iOS backups and used iTunes software updates selectively as a bulk. Such an approach allows you to free up a significant amount of space and assure notably faster performance.
- TunesFix and perform a deep uninstallation on iTunes. Because of this option, you will be able to uninstall iTunes and five iTunes-related components in the appropriate manner. Doing so will never cause any damage to the PC.
- Highly friendly user-interface that makes the repairing process exceptionally easier even for beginners.
Common fixes for ‘iTunes Could Not Connect to the iPhone Because an Invalid Response Was Received from the Device’ issue
As we mentioned before, there can be various reasons behind ‘iTunes could not connect the invalid response’ issue. In this part, we intend to explain some common ways to fix those issues.
Also, click to read more if you wish to know how to cancel iPhone update.
01. Get your iOS and iTunes updated
We got to know that many individuals have found success with this simple method. In fact, many user reports suggest that the above error can occur due to an older version of iOS. Also, those reports say that older iTunes versions installed on the computer can be a cause of the trouble. So, it is a no-brainer to update the iOS version and iTunes and fix the issue. We suggest this option to be the first solution because it is easy, harmless, and effective. If you succeed with this method, there is no point in trying the other methods.
02. Check if the iOS device is unlocked
Still, see ‘iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because an invalid response was received from the device’ error? If so, you should see if the iPhone you are using is unlocked. Some users connect their devices to the computer without unlocking and wonder when issues persist. So, just make sure if the device is unlocked. Tap on the ‘Home’ button on the device and then unlock the screen using Touch ID or password.
03. Try with a different USB cable (or a port)
Before getting into more advanced repair options, you should try this simple fix as well. Sometimes, the issue might be related to the USB cable or the port but not with your system software. Although cables look perfectly fine from the outside, there can be minor physical damages that can cause troubles. Then, you should use a different USB port first. If the problem persists with that port as well, just use a different USB cable.
04. Perform a reboot (on the computer and iPhone)
If you still find no luck, you should reboot both the iPhone and the computer. In fact, this can be one of the most basic fixes that can offer you some relief. For an interesting number of users, this trick might work.
05. Reset your network settings to fix ‘iTunes Could Not Connect to the iPhone Because an Invalid Response Was Received from the Device’
For those who are yet to find some luck, resetting the network settings is an option. So, all you should do is to go to the ‘Settings’ option on the iOS 12/13 device. Then, you should go to ‘General’ and choose ‘Reset Network Settings’ option. This process will reset the network settings. You should now reconnect the device. However, is you still find the error to be persisting, go to the next option.
06. Install a fresh copy of iTunes to fix ‘iTunes Could Not Connect to the iPhone Because an Invalid Response Was Received from the Device’
For many users, the reinstallation of iTunes might work fine. In this case, you should completely uninstall iTunes and then get a fresh copy installed. However, one major disadvantage associated with this method is that it affects existing data. Everything you have in iTunes will be gone after this process. So, we strongly suggest you back up your iTunes before trying out this option.
The best alternative to synchronize data with iTunes and iPhone
It is no wonder that the majority of iOS device users don’t like iTunes much. They actually consider iTunes to be a frustration despite the important services it offers. Actually, we have many alternatives to try. In this case, we consider iMyFone TunesMate to be the best alternative due to various obvious reasons.
With iMyFone TunesMate, you can simply transfer data by bypassing iTunes restrictions. This tool allows transferring files between iPhones and computers without costing any money.
Main features associated with iTunes TunesMate
- Transfer and manage all the types of files in your iOS device.
- It can sync iTunes to the device without affecting data.
- Extract files from iPhone and transfer them back.
- Simplified drag-and-drop functionality for more convenience.
- Rebuild your iTunes library after a crash.
How to Sync iTunes Music with iPhone using TunesMate
- 01. First, download and install iMyFone TunesMate on your computer.
- 02. Make the connection between your iOS device and the same computer.
- 03. Launch TunesMate and choose ‘Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice.’
- 04. Ensure that ‘Music‘ is selected and then choose ‘Transfer‘ to complete the process.
That’s it about iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because an invalid response was received from the device. If you have further questions, please let us know.