A lot of users of the iPhone faces iTunes error 54. It occurs when a user of an iPad, iPod, or an iPhone tries to synchronize his or her device with the aid of iTunes. A notification gets flashed on the device’s screen stating that “the iPhone cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (-54).” There exist a handful of reasons behind the issue of iTunes error 54.
One major reason behind it can be that your iOS device or PC might be inaccessible, modified or locked. Itunes’s version might be old, and this may be the cause of the problem. If you have recently updated to the Windows 10, then it may be the reason behind the problem. Permission issues can also be a cause behind the iTunes error 54. Your PC will not let you modify any data in it.
Here are a few tips you can follow to get rid of this error on your Apple device. Read on to know more about them in detail.
As stated above, if iTunes is not running on the newest version, then it can lead to iTunes error 54. Therefore when you come across this error, the first thing, which needs to be done, is to check whether iTunes and your phone device have the latest version. Look out for any latest updates and if you find one, then update the iTunes application and your device.
Read the Below-mentioned Directions to Update Your iTunes.
- Open the iTunes application on the PC and then click on the “Help” button. You will find this option in the application’s top menu.
- Click on the “Check for Updates” tab.
Following these directions, you will be able to update the iTunes.
PS: You may also want to know how to fix Why is iTunes so slow.
For Updating iOS, You Need to Follow These Steps:
- Navigate to the “Settings” of your device. Select “General” and then “Software Update” in it.
- Once it is done, you will find the recent iOS version for the device.
- Click on the “Install Now” tab for updating it.
By the way, should you have issues with iTunes Could Not Connect to the iPhone Because an Invalid Response Was Received from the Device, these are just for you.
You need to examine the content, which is causing iTunes error 54. For its determination, you need to do the following things.
The first thing, which you need to do, is to try synchronizing the content in small quantities. You should add it little by little. This will help you discover the exact content, which is the cause of the issue.
The second thing, which needs to be done, is to check whether the issue is occurring together with the store content of iTunes. If yes, then you should remove all that content and then download it again.
This issue is also caused when a person attempts to transfer the purchases of iTunes to the PC from the iOS Device. Apart from this, the PDF files, which might be present in the iBooks application or the mobile device, might be the cause of the iTunes error 54. Hence, you need to first transfer the PDF files or documents to your own email address for saving them and after that remove them from your mobile device for solving the iTunes error 54.
Running it with the administrator access can fix the iTunes error 54. The updation of a document or a folder requires permission a few times. If iTunes does not have such an Administrator’s access then it might lead to iTunes error 54. If you run the iTunes using the Administrator’s access then it might end the issue. For doing it, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Ensure that you are logging in the Windows of your computer device as the administrator.
- Right-click on the iTunes icon. Next, you need to go to the “Properties” and then to the “Compatibility” tab.
- Select the option of “Run the program as an administrator“, which you can find below the sub-menu of the settings tab.
If the previous methods did not help you in resolving the issue of iTunes error 54, then try this method. For running the iTunes in a compatibility mode, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Right-click the tab on the iTunes. Click on the “Properties“.
- Select the “Edit” option in the “Security” Tab
- You will see a box saying “Full Control“. Tick on it and then select “Apply“.
If you are a user of Windows 10, then there is a need for changing the required permissions of your iTunes application. This will give the user full control of the iTunes folder. The following steps need to be followed to get rid of the iTunes error 54 issue.
- Open the iTunes application and right-click on it. Next, click on the “Properties” tab.
- Choose the “Edit” option in the “Securities” tab.
- Select tick in the box, which says “Full Control“. Next, you need to click on “Apply“.
dr.fone Phone Manager software helps in the easy and effective transfer of the files between your computer, iPad, and iPhone. Apart from this, it also manages them well. Its amazing features are discussed below in detail.
- All kinds of videos and photos, which are present in the photo stream, photo library, or the camera roll can be easily transferred, managed, or exported using this software.
- Every SMS and contacts can be exported from the iOS device to your computer using this software.
- This software helps in importing the contacts from the outlook or PC to your iOS device at a single go.
- You can easily merge, edit, delete and add the contacts of your mobile device on your PC.
- Apart from these, it is a very strong file explorer.
- Under the disk mode, it can get access to each area of the mobile device.
- The directories, which are present on your device, can be easily stored on the computer with the help of this software.
- With its feature of efficient application management, you can save the mobile data.
Steps to Use This Software:
Here is how you can use this software to fix iTunes error 54
1. Connect the iPad or iPhone device to your computer.
2. Choose all data on the device, which you want to export. In case of an import, you need to choose the data on the computer.
3. Allow it to transfer the data.
With these simple and short steps, you can easily make you of this software.
Tenorshare TunesCare is a great software to fix the iTunes error 54 issue. It not only helps fix this issue but is also the primary solution to all iTunes-related issues. It helps in repairing them without undergoing any data loss. You can clear up iTunes for freeing up and boosting up the PC. Moreover, Tenorshare TunesCare is compatible with iTunes 184.108.40.206 and all of its later versions. It has many more exciting features. They are listed below in detail.
- Advance tool for repairing all iTunes-related errors, like iTunes not opening.
- Auto-detects all the iTunes issues
- Repairs automatically in just a single click
- All iTunes errors are supported by this software
- Helps to run your PC at the optimum level
Here, are the top 7 solutions to solve iTunes error 54. Facing this error in your iTunes can cause a great problem to the user. Using any of these ways you can easily get rid of such an issue. You should make use of dr.fone – Phone Manager (iOS) & Tenorshare TunesCare as they are quite effective and reliable tools for eliminating the concerning issues with ease.