“Minecraft no sound” is not a very rare issue when you play Minecraft on a PC. Have you experienced the same and looking for some solutions?
The good news is that you are reading the correct writeup. We will explain several ways to address this issue and play Minecraft with sound as usual. Mentioned
In fact, you don’t have to try all the fixes mentioned in this article. Instead, start from the first one and see if the issue gets fixed. If it doesn’t fix the “Minecraft no sound” issue, you should go to the next method.
Also, some fixes are very easy, and others can be somewhat difficult for some users. With that said, mentioned below are those fixes we have to present.
Method 1: Check if Minecraft no sound has occurred because you have muted it
Before trying any of the fixes mentioned below, you must do a very basic thing. Interestingly, many individuals accidentally mute the game and wonder what has happened to the sound.
The same thing can happen if you intentionally mute the sound and forget it later on. Also, some individuals tend to mute their PC for some reason and experience no sound.
So, it is highly recommended to check that out before moving to any advanced options.
01. First, you should try playing a song or any other video clip on the computer. If it works, your PC is not muted, and the sound works perfectly.
However, if you cannot hear the music, check the volume. To do that, you should move the mouse pointer to the lower-right corner and locate the Volume icon. Right-click on it and then choose the option called “Open Volume Mixer.”
02. Now, locate the column designated for “Minecraft” and drag its slider. That will turn the volume up.
03. If you still get no sound from Minecraft, you should check the game’s audio settings. Mentioned below are the steps to follow to get it done.
- First, open the Minecraft game on the PC. Click on its “Options” or “Settings” menu.
- You can see an option called “Music & Sound.” If not, it will be there as “Audio.” Click on that to see the settings related to the audio functionality of Minecraft.
- Now, go to the audio settings and set all of them to 100%. Click on the option labeled “Done,” so the setting will be saved.
- Launch Minecraft game once again and check if the sound issue is there or not. If the issue is still there, don’t worry; just move to the next method.
PS: Here are the top solutions for you to fix io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception errors on Minecraft.
Method 2: Update the audio driver to fix ‘Minecraft No Sound on PC’
A very common reason behind the “Minecraft no sound” issue can be an outdated audio driver. Therefore, it is highly recommended to check if the drivers are outdated. If it is not, you must update the driver as soon as possible to see if it is fixed. When it comes to updating the audio drivers (or any other driver), you have two options to consider. You can either do it manually or get it done automatically. It goes without saying that an automatic way is much better, faster, and convenient. Anyway, we will explain both of those methods so you can pick the one that is best.
● Manual update of the driver
First, let’s discuss how to update the driver manually. In this case, you should find the official website of the manufacturer. Then, you should search for the appropriate hardware component and its driver. Then, download the latest driver for the corresponding hardware component and get it installed. It is needless to say that this process requires a considerable amount of time and effort.
One common issue associated with this process is that it can lead to download malware or wrong drivers. Sometimes, you may end up downloading some adware that is disguised as drivers for your hardware. Therefore, you must do it with good awareness.
● Updating drivers automatically
Don’t you have enough time to download correct drivers? Or, do you want to stay away from potential risks of downloading malware or adware? And, do you want to download the apps faster? If that is the case, you should use a professional third-party tool like Driver Easy.
If you use this software, you don’t need to know the system information, hardware versions, etc. In fact, downloading a driver is exceptionally easier when you use a third-party professional tool like Driver Easy. Also, you will not risk downloading malware or wrong drivers if you use Driver Easy. On top of that, it saves a lot of time because of its one-click driver update feature.
Driver Easy connects directly with the manufacturer’s website to download the drivers. So, you don’t have to worry about downloading the wrong drivers. All those drivers are safe, secured, and accurate.
With that said, let’s learn how to update your sound drivers using Driver Easy.
- First of all, you should download Driver Easy and install it on your PC.
- Then, launch it to see the home screen. Once you have done that, you can click on the option called “Scan Now.” Then, Driver Easy will start to scan the computer. It will start to detect any drivers that are problematic.
- Now, you can hit the button labeled “Update,” which is located next to the sound card. That will download the latest and most accurate driver for the device. You can then install the driver manually.
- If not, to make it even convenient, you can use the “Update All” option. To do it, however, you should download the Pro version of it. One of the best things about the Pro version is that it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. That means your purchase is completely risk-free. Of you choose to go with the Pro version, you can get all the drivers updated very conveniently.
Method 3: Reload the game to fix the “Minecraft no sound” issue
If you are still unable to fix the sound issue on Minecraft, you can try this method. In fact, in this case, we will be using a key combination to reload the game. In this case, you should use “F3” and “S” keys simultaneously. That will reload the game. However, for some, this key combination may not work. If that is the case, you should try “F3” and “T” keys. Interestingly, a large number of individuals were able to fix this issue using this method.
After reloading the game, you should check if the issue is fixed or not. If the respective issue appears once again, don’t worry. Just move to the next method and see if you can fix the respective issue.
Wait several seconds and then check if the no sound issue reappears. If not, it suggests that you’ve fixed this issue. If the Minecraft no sound issue persists, don’t worry! Try the next fix, below.
Method 4: Try reconfiguring the “Mipmap Levels” in your video settings
If you are using Minecraft that works based on JAVA, you should change “Mipmap Levels” as a solution. For many users, this method works like a breeze. This option is located under the video settings of Minecraft. Please try this method by following the steps mentioned below.
- Open Minecraft game on your PC and go to the option labeled “Options.”
- Then, go to the option called “Video Settings.”
- You can move the slider now and change the levels of Mipmap on the game. Then, please click on the option called “Done.”
- You should run the Minecraft game now and see if the issue is fixed. If it doesn’t work, you can try changing the system’s sound settings (which is mentioned below).
Method 5: Modify the sound settings of the Windows system to fix ‘Minecraft No Sound on PC’
If you are yet to succeed, you should try adjusting the sound settings of the Windows system. It will work if you have done any changes to the configurations. You can try the below-mentioned steps to resolve the issue by modifying the system sound settings.
01. First, move the mouse to the notification area of the PC. This is located towards the lower-right corner of the screen. Then, right-click on the Volume Icon. Choose the option called “Sound.”
02. You can then navigate to the tab labeled “Playback.” Then, select the default playback device. Click on the option called “Configure.”
03. Now, for audio channels, you should select the option called “Stereo” and then click on “Next.”
04. Now, you should check the box located next to the option called “Front left and right.”
05. Click on the option called “Finish,” so that will save the settings you have changed.
That’s it. You can launch Minecraft now and see if the issue is resolved or not.
Launch Minecraft to check if the no sound issue is fixed. If not, you should move to the next step.
Method 6: Uninstall and install Minecraft again to fix ‘Minecraft No Sound on PC’
If you are yet to succeed even after trying all those fixes, you may try reinstalling the game. As a result of restarting the game, the settings will be reset to the defaults. Also, if the issue is caused by a corrupted file in the game, that will be resolved. So, trying a reinstallation is a good idea anyway. Please follow the below steps to get the issue rectified.
If you have downloaded Minecraft using Microsoft Store
- Press the “Windows” key on the keyboard so the start menu will appear. Then, enter the text “Minecraft.” You will see the Minecraft app on the list. Just right-click on it and select “Uninstall.” That will uninstall your Minecraft game.
- Now, download Minecraft from the Microsoft Store once again and get it reinstalled in the PC.
If you have downloaded Minecraft JAVA edition through the official website
- Launch the Run utility by pressing “Windows” and “R” keys simultaneously. Once the “Run” utility is opened, you should enter the text “Control” and hit enter. Now, the Control Panel will be opened so you can access it.
- Once the Control Panel is opened, you should switch to Category View by clicking on the “View” option. Then, click on “Uninstall a program.”
- Right-click on the option called “Minecraft” now and then select the option called “Uninstall.”
- Now, you should download the Minecraft version once again through the official website. Then, reinstall it on the PC.
- Once you have done that, the “Minecraft no sound” issue should be gone, and that’s it. For the majority of users, the reinstallation of the game works perfectly.
As we believe, one of the fixes as mentioned above should resolve the “Minecraft no sound” issue. If you have further questions related to this matter, please do leave a comment below.