The Screen Time and iOS Restrictions are some of those features that allow you to limit or block certain apps on your Apple devices like iPod, iPad, or iPhone. Not only does it offer serious insight into your usage habits, but it will also allow you to manage and impose various restrictions on your Apple device that ranges from simplistic time limits to blocking features and apps completely. Additionally, you will also be able to block access to Screen Time, which is quite a useful feature if someone else is going through your device.
However, because the code for the restriction differs from the one that you use to unlock your device, many users tend to forget the password. Also, Apple recommends that you restore your Apple device via the iTunes backup that was created when you did not use the Screen Time passcode. In short, this is almost next to impossible. You cannot simply hope to restore your device from a backup that was created months, or perhaps, years ago.
However, help has arrived in the form of Pinfinder; it has been claimed that the tool can help you retrieve the Screen Time or Restriction passcode for free. But does it really work? Here is everything about Pinfinder you should know.
Pinfinder is a program that can help you override and unlock the restrictions that your parents have levied on your iPad, iPod, or iPhone; the tool is also handy if you forgot the screen lock code. The program can be downloaded for free & makes use of the iTunes backup on your device to look for the passcode. The entire process does not erase any of the data in your device and can be used on your Mac, Linux, and Windows devices.
How do you use Pinfinder?
Follow below detailed guide to understand and use Pinfinder to recover your forgotten Restrictions passcode:
- Step 1: First, you need to connect your Apple device to your computer and launch iTunes.
- Step 2: Once your device is connected to the software, you need to click on the iPhone tab on the top left corner of iTunes.
- Step 3: After you click on it, you will be able to see a button called ‘Back Up Now.’ If your Apple device runs on iOS 12, you will see ‘Encrypt iPhone Backup‘ and set up a passcode.
- Step 4: The device will then perform a backup process, which will take some time, depending on the storage on your device.
- Step 5: When the backup process is completed, you need to download the latest version of Pinfinder from the official website.
- Step 6: Download, install and run the tool. When the program asks you for your encrypted backup passcode, type it down and hit on the Enter button. Pinfinder will then analyze the backup of the device; you should be able to see the Screen Time or Restriction 4-digit code on the program.
- Note: It is highly recommended that you decrypt your Apple device backup after the process to avoid problems like forgetting the backup passcode in the future.
Disadvantages of Pinfinder
- Because you will have to create a backup of your device with iTunes first, Pinfinder is not exactly a complete program.
- If your device has iOS 12 or higher, you will first have to encrypt your backup. Again for the decryption, you will have to back up your device as well. As a result, the entire process can consume a lot of time.
- It does not matter which iOS you are using; whenever you use Pinfinder, you should always enter your backup passcode if it is encrypted.
- If you have any type of inquiry, Pinfinder will not be able to provide you with any type of technical or customer support.
If you feel that handling Pinfinder to recover your Restrictions passcode is not exactly your cup of tea, there are a lot of better alternatives for you! One of these alternatives includes iMyFone LockWiper.
iMyFone LockWiper is considered as one of the best alternatives for unlocking and recovering your Screen Time and Restrictions passcode. Additionally, your data will also remain safe and intact. iMyFone LockWiper has been made to solve almost all your iOS locking problems like screen lock without password, unlocking Apple ID, etc.
What are some benefits of iMyFone LockWiper?
Some of the benefits that iMyFone LockWiper offers to its customers are:
- For iOS 11 and earlier users: You will be able to cover your iPhone Restrictions passcode without the need for iTunes; this works even when your iPhone backup is encrypted.
- For iOS 12 users: You can now reset or remove the Screen Time passcode from your Apple device without losing out any type of data, all within a minute.
- You will be able to erase your Apple ID or iCloud account without entering any password.
- The screen lock can be unlocked remotely and help you gain access without any passcode.
- iMyFone LockWiper is a self-service program that provides free technical support, unlocks fast, and quite easy to understand and use.
How do you unlock the Screen Time passcode with iMyFone LockWiper?
- Step 1: You will first have to install iMyFone LockWiper on your Mac or Windows device. Once the installation is done, you should click on the ‘Unlock Screen Time Passcode.’ Make sure that your device is connected to your computer device.
- Step 2: Once your computer detects your Apple device, you need to tap on ‘Start to Unlock.’ This step might take a few seconds to remove the Screen Time passcode.
- Step 3: Once the procedure is done, you need to follow the rest of the instructions to set your device up. All your data will be available and safe.
- Note: During the unlocking process, you will be asked to turn off the ‘Find my iPhone‘ feature when it turns back on.
If you follow the steps mentioned above exactly, you will find that this Pinfinder alternative – iMyFone LockWiper will get the job done quite fast. From the time that you launch the application on your computer to the moment, you will be able to access your Apple device, the entire process will not take more than a couple of minutes. When you are not able to use your Apple device, you need a resolution as fast as possible.
The program makes sure to offer on-screen instructions, which makes it perfectly suited to anyone. The interface is quite simple but designed beautifully. In short, you can say that iMyFone LockWiper is a great tool that will pull you out of some tricky situations. Some of its standout features include security, fast-pace, and ease of use. The software has been designed well and serves a lot of people around the world.
Is iMyFone LockWiper safe?
iMyFone LockWiper has a broad user base. People around the world have downloaded the tool and used it; this suggests that the program is legal and quite safe.
Additionally, your antivirus program, including popular ones like Kaspersky, Norton, BitDefender, McAfee, etc., will detect no viruses or threats while you are downloading and installing the iMyFone LockWiper program. Additionally, the program will not give you troubles like ads or harassments from third-party programs and software.
Is iMyFone LockWiper available for free?
Yes, you can download this Pinfinder alternative – iMyFone LockWiper without spending a dime. On top of that, the free-trial version is almost the same as the paid one, except for the final step. You have the option of evaluating and comparing the features before you make the final payment.
The most cost-effective plan is the $59.95 family plan. It is a life-long license and can be used with up to five devices on a single computer.
With the help of the tools mentioned above, you will save a lot of time and also prevent potentially losing all your data. Of course, you will also be able to find a lot more applications that are capable of accomplishing the same task. However, you need to be careful of any app that has been listed as free.
If these apps do not solve the problem for you, it is advisable that you take your device to a local professional rather than shelling out a lot of money on a paid retrieval tool that might not work.