The settings of your Screen Time on your iOS device are protected using a passcode. In order to access that, you will have to know the passcode. Otherwise, you will not be able to access or modify the settings of the Screen Time feature. However, if you have forgotten the passcode, you should know how to recover Screen Time passcode.
In most cases, users tend to forget their Screen Time passcodes if they don’t use it for a while. For instance, if you don’t access your Screen Time passcode for a couple of weeks, you’ll forget it. Basically, you will have to remember plenty of passcodes, passwords, PINs, and patterns every day. So, forgetting a single passcode is completely normal for a modern-day human. Well, if you have forgotten the Screen Time passcode for some reason, how to recover it? In fact, the main purpose of this article is to explain how to recover Screen Time passcode. No matter what type of iPhone you are using, these methods will help you out.
In fact, there are several methods for you to try and recover Screen Time passcode. These methods will work regardless of the version of the device model you are using. So, we will explain each method with detailed steps. As a result, you will be able to choose the most appropriate method for you and unlock Screen Time. You will then be able to use Screen Time with reconfigured features or disable it. What you must remember, however, is that each of those methods come with different strategies. Some are really beneficial, while others may have some drawbacks as well.
PS: Also, here are the best solutions for you whatever when you forgot Screen Time Passcode or would like to know how to disable Screen Time without the passcode, as well as how to remove Screen Time passcode.
Part 1. Try all possible combinations to recover Screen Time passcode
The first method to try is the most basic one. In this case, all you have to do is to try the possible passcode combinations. As you already know, the passcode for Screen Time in your iOS device comprises four digits. So, you will have to try such combinations you think may work as the first solution. For many users, this method is a no brainer, but we thought of mentioning for those who have panicked. Interestingly, for a considerable number of users, this method is likely to work without much hassle. Since it is totally free and no harm is done, you can try this method with ease.
For instance, you can try possible combinations such as your date of birth, lucky number, etc. Also, you can try your car’s number or any other number that relates to your life. If you have a habit of using one of those numbers as a passcode, you have a good chance. After all, trying passcodes several times doesn’t cause any issues so that you can give it a try. After trying all those passcodes and none of them works, you can try the next options.
Part 2. Use the Restrictions passcode to recover Screen Time passcode
Have you used the feature called ‘Restrictions‘ before updating your iOS device to version 12 or newer? If so, your iOS device carries the restriction passcode forward. That means you can use the Restrictions passcode as the Screen Time passcode as well.
If you have not changed the passcode after updating the iOS, this method should work perfectly. Through this method, you’ll be able to access the Screen Time settings on the iOS device without any issue. Well, if you cannot unlock the restrictions by using the passcode, you should think of a different method. The next solution that can address this issue can be found next.
Part 3. Reset the content and settings of your iOS device
It is true that we don’t recommend this method to most of our users. There is a very strong reason for us to suggest so. In fact, if you reset the settings of your iOS device, all the data in it will be deleted. Although you can access the Screen Time, you will not be able to access any of your previous data. Moreover, you cannot even restore an old backup because the passcode is there on the backups. If you restore the backups, the passcode will also be restored. That means you will be back in the previous (locked) situation once again without a solution. This suggests that you should forget about all the data files in your iOS device before resetting it.
As a result of resetting the iOS device, you will lose files such as photos, recordings, videos, messages, etc. As a general practice, we all tend to have plenty of data files on our iOS devices. The pictures and videos of the special occasions of our lives are stored there on our iOS devices. Well, it is not a very smart decision to lose all those files just because the passcode is forgotten. But if you are completely OK with losing your data, you can proceed with this option. Mentioned below are the steps you should follow in order to reset the iOS device.
- First, you should launch the Settings app on your iOS device. Then, tap on the option called ‘General.’ After that option, you should tap on the option called ‘Reset‘ as well.
- Once you are on the Reset screen, you can see an option called ‘Erase All Content and Settings.’ You should just tap on that. It will reset the settings of your iOS device completely. In addition to that, it will erase all the files stored on your iOS device.
- After you have reset the content of your iOS device and its settings, you can reconfigure it. When you reset the device, it will work as a fresh device.
Please note that you cannot necessarily reset your old iTunes backups after resetting the device. That is especially because your backups contain the passcode. So, restoring the passcode will put you back in the troublesome situation you were dealing with earlier. That is exactly why we don’t encourage you to perform this method if you have any important data. As long as you are not worried about any of the data files, you can perform this method.
Well, what can you do if you cannot recall the password of Screen Time? Are you going to reset the device and lose all those precious memories saved on the device? If not, do you want to learn about a very professional solution that doesn’t cause any data loss? Here’s the good news for you. There is a special software called Tenorshare 4uKey – iTunes Backup to recover Screen Time passcode without any trouble whatsoever.
If you use Tenorshare 4uKey – iTunes Backup, you don’t have to worry about resetting your iOS device. Instead, you can easily remove the passcode and access the Screen Time. The best thing about this software is that it doesn’t erase any of the data on your device. If you are curious about learning how to recover Screen Time passcode using this tool, keep reading. Mentioned below are the easy and fast steps.
- As the first step, you must download and install Tenorshare 4uKey – iTunes Backup on your computer. You can download this software through its official website. Once the installation is completed, you can launch the software on it. Then, you should connect your iOS device to the same computer. Be sure to use the original data cable in order to establish a reliable connection.
- You may see a message on the screen on your iOS device, asking you to ‘Trust‘ the computer. Just tap on that and trust the computer, so the connection between the computer and the iPhone is established. In
- Now, you should see if the option called ‘Find My iPhone‘ is enabled on your iOS device. If so, make sure that you turn it off. After doing that, you should follow the instructions mentioned below.
- Now, on the home screen of Tenorshare 4uKey – iTunes Backup software, you will see several options. Just click on the option called ‘Remove Screen Time Passcode.’ Clicking on this option will initiate the password removal process.
- When the new screen appears, you should click on the option labeled ‘Start.’ Then, you should wait until the software performs the passcode removal process.
- You will then see a message saying ‘Password Removed Successfully.’ This message is displayed if the software did recover Screen Time passcode without any issue.
- That’s it. Just click on ‘Done,’ and you can access the Screen Time feature on the device now.
As you may realize, there is more than one solution to recover Screen Time passcode on your iOS device. However, different methods have different types of outputs. In fact, to succeed in the first two methods, you should have some luck as well. If none of those two methods work, you will have to choose 03rd or 04th options. If you don’t want to lose any of your data, however, we strongly recommend using Tenorshare 4uKey – iTunes Backup.