A lot of people use iOS device as well as iPhones. They rely on Apple for their many technological needs and requirements. Moreover, iPhones are one of the most used phones across the world. People, who use iPhones, also know about iCloud, in which they can preserve their phone data and important phone information.
As both iPhone and iCloud are interconnected, you can use iCloud only on iOS devices. Additionally, there is the ‘Find My iPhone’ app for your Apple iPhone. This mobile application is provided by Apple itself so that you can protect the information on your iOS device. This mobile app can be installed in your iPhone free of cost.
In case you misplace your iPad, iPod touch, iPhone, or Mac, ‘Find My iPhone‘ mobile application will enable you to use any of your iOS devices and thus help you to find your misplaced iOS device as well as protect your data. For this, you just have to install it, open it, and then sign in it, with your Apple ID that you use for your iCloud account.
‘Find My iPhone’ will assist you in locating your missing Apple device on a map, can lock it remotely, display a text message, play a sound, or erase all the information on your misplaced iOS device. However, before you use this application, you must enable it by going in your iCloud account’s settings on your Apple device. Until you enter the credentials of your iCloud account, you cannot use your iPhone mobile device. This amazing feature of ‘Find My iPhone’ prevents data loss in case of misplacement or theft of your iPhone.
Most of the people, who have the iOS device, use this application as they do not want to lose or misplace their data. Thus, ‘Find My iPhone’ comes in handy, in case you misplace any of your Apple devices. However, if you already use this mobile app and want to remove it from your iPhone, how will you do that?
And, not only ‘Find My iPhone,’ if you want to remove your iCloud account from your iPhone mobile device, how will you do that? Very simple, just read on to find out how you can remove iPhone from iCloud as well as from ‘Find My iPhone’ application.
We have provided you a step by step guide through which you can remove your iPhone Smartphone from your iCloud account as well as from the ‘Find My iPhone’ app. These ways are easy as well as quick to follow so that you can remove iPhone from iCloud and Find My iPhone mobile app.
There are two ways through which you can do this. In this article, we have provided both the ways to you, so that you can do it as per your ease and comfort. These two ways are divided into different parts that are part one and part two.
Part 1: Remove iPhone from iCloud and Find my iPhone list
The first part deals with removing your iOS device from iCloud as well as from the list of ‘Find My iPhone‘ mobile app. No matter why you want to get rid of any of your iOS device, you can use this guide to remove iPhone from iCloud and Find my iPhone list by using this application.
Just follow the below-mentioned steps to remove your Apple mobile device from Find My iPhone.
- Step 1: Open your iPhone and then open the settings option in your Smartphone.
- Step 2: Now, you will see lots of options. Scroll down this list and press the iCloud option.
- Step 3: Within this list, click on the ‘Find My iPhone‘ button.
- Step 4: Now, you can simply switch off the ‘Find My iPhone‘ option.
- Step 5: For this, you must enter your Apple ID and its password in order to change this option.
If you want to remove your Mac from iCloud and Find my iPhone list, then follow these steps.
- Step 1: Open the ‘Find My iPhone‘ application and then tap on the ‘system preferences‘ option.
- Step 2: Now, you will see a list of options, wherein you have to press the ‘iCloud‘ option.
- Step 3: In the following list, uncheck the ‘Find My Mac‘ option.
- Step 4: For this also, you must enter your Mac’s admin password, so that you can change the option.
Part 2: Remove iPhone from iCloud and Find my iPhone using iCloud
The second part deals with removing your iOS device from iCloud as well as from the list of ‘Find My iPhone’ app through iCloud.
For this, you just have to follow the below-mentioned steps to remove your Apple Smartphone from iCloud and Find my iPhone with the help of iCloud.
- Step 1: First of all, you must log into your iCloud account by opening the icloud.com website. Then, enter the login credentials of your Apple account.
- Step 2: After this, you will automatically be redirected to the online interface of Find my iPhone app.
- Step 3: Once this gets open, you will see a list, which contains the name of all the Apple devices that you use.
- Step 4: You can also click on the ‘All Devices‘ option in order to see the complete list of every iOS device.
- Step 5: The Apple device, which you want to remove from your iCloud account or from Find my iPhone app, tap on that iOS device.
- Step 6: After this, click on the ‘Remove from Account‘ button.
- Step 7: Alternatively, you can also press the option of ‘Delete,’ which is displayed alongside each of the Apple devices.
When you want to delete your iOS device from your iCloud account, you can simply follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Step 1: First, you need to sign in to your account of iCloud with the help of the credentials of your Apple ID.
- Step 2: Then, tap on the option of ‘Devices‘ and wait for some time till the applications sync all the content of your iOS device onto your system.
- Step 3: After this, you must select the Apple device that you want to remove from your iCloud account. After selecting the iOS device, press the ‘Delete‘ button, which is displayed at the side of the Apple device name.
- Step 4: Soon your iOS device will be successfully deleted from your iCloud account server. Additionally, you must turn off the ‘Find My iPhone‘ feature on your iPhone, otherwise whoever used this phone after you will not be able to use it.
Thus, through these two ways, you can remove iPhone from iCloud as well as from Find My iPhone mobile app.