“Hi, everyone! I am a new iPhone user, and I have forgotten my Screen Time passcode. Does anyone know how to remove the Screen Time passcode? Do I have to take it to the service center, or can I do it by myself? Please help me out. I am frustrated.”
The above is just a single example of a complaint made by an iPhone user who is in trouble. She has forgotten the passcode of her iPhone’s Screen Time, and now she wants to know a solution. If you are a member of an iPhone users’ forum, you may have seen the same type of complaints. If you have used Screen Time for a certain period, you already know it is password protected. The settings of Screen Time cannot be achieved if you have lost its passcode. Since we have to deal with so many passcodes every day, you may forget one pretty easily. If the same thing happens with your Screen Time, you are in trouble. So, any iPhone user should know how to remove the Screen Time passcode in case of an emergency.
Can you remove the Screen Time passcode using a default option?
The truth, however, is that there is no built-in option integrated to the iPhone to remove Screen Time passcode. As a result, many individuals tend to remove Screen Time passcode simply by erasing the device. As long as you are not concerned about losing all of your data, you can try that solution. However, if the data stored in your iOS device is important to you, you should look for alternative methods. That means methods that can remove Screen Time passcode without erasing data. In this article, we are going to explain how to remove the Screen Time passcode without losing data. So, if you are an iPhone user, the information mentioned in this article will be important for you.
An introduction to Screen Time Passcode
Even though you have heard the term Screen Time, some of the novice users may not know about it. So, before we learn how to remove Screen Time passcode, it is best to learn what it is. In this section of the article, we will explain the functionality of Screen Time and its purpose.
In simplest terms, Screen Time is a special feature added to iOS platforms pretty recently. This feature is introduced to iPhones and iPads, particularly concerning the health of the users. According to various studies, excessive usage of smartphones can dangerously affect the health of the users. With the Screen Time feature, Apple expects to limit smartphone usage. For instance, you can use this feature to put a restriction on social media apps. That means you can decide a certain number of hours per day for social media. As a result, you will have control over that and stay away from adverse effects. Likewise, Screen Time can be used to limit the usage of various groups of apps. Moreover, it can be used to restrict the usage of specific apps as well.
Screen Time, therefore, can be a very handy feature to have control over your kids’ smartphone usage. With proper control, their studies will not be disrupted, and they will not waste their time. You can configure Screen Time with a password so kids will not be able to unlock it.
Screen Time passcode is a combination of four digits. This code should be entered whenever you want to modify the settings of the Screen Time feature. This passcode must not relate to any other passwords you are using with the device currently. For instance, your Screen Time passcode cannot match the lock screen password of your device. If your lock screen passcode is 909090, you cannot use 9090 as the Screen Time passcode. The configuration of Screen Time can be done only after inputting your passcode. The purpose of the passcode is to protect the settings of the Screen Time feature. As a result, an unauthorized user won’t change anything. However, due to various reasons, we tend to forget the passcodes we use pretty often. If it happens to your Screen Time, that leads to an annoying and frustrating situation. That is exactly why every iPhone user should know how to remove the Screen Time passcode.
How to remove Screen Time passcode without losing your data?
As we mentioned above, it is possible to remove the Screen Time passcode by erasing the respective iOS device. However, the problem is that many users cannot afford to lose their data under any circumstance. You cannot even restore the backups after erasing the data because your passcode is included in the backups. You have plenty of photos, videos, and other files saved in your iPhone and most of which are important. And you cannot lose those precious memories just because you don’t remember the passcode of Screen Time. So, things are pretty complicated when it comes to erasing your device, although it sounds pretty simple.
So, what’s the solution? Luckily, you can use professional software to address such situations very conveniently and access Screen Time. In this case, the most reliable and secure software is Tenorshare 4uKey – iTunes Backup. This tool is specifically developed with a smart algorithm so it can remove Screen Time passcode easily.
The most beneficial characteristic associated with Tenorshare 4uKey is that it doesn’t cause any data loss. So, do you have valuable data in their devices and still need to remove Screen Time passcode? If so, the best option to try is Tenorshare 4uKey. Thanks to this powerful tool, you don’t need to erase anything on the device. But it will erase your Screen Time passcode and let you access the features as normal. Moreover, they will remove the password taking not more than a couple of minutes. For those who want to know how to remove Screen Time passcode, mentioned below are the steps.
- As the first step, you should download and install Tenorshare 4uKey on your computer. It is available for both Windows and Mac, so you should choose the version accordingly. Then, you can launch Tenorshare 4uKey and get your iOS device connected to the same computer.
- Then, tap on the option that asks you to trust the device. As a result, the device will be recognized so you can proceed. Please note that you should turn off the ‘Find My iPhone‘ feature before proceeding with the steps.
- You will be able to see the main screen of the software after that. On the main screen, you should simply choose the option labeled ‘Remove Screen Time passcode.’ This will start to remove the passcode.
- You will be able to see the model number of the iPhone on the screen. Then, just click on the button labeled ‘Start‘ to remove the passcode of Screen Time.
- All you should do is to wait patiently until the software removes the passcode. Once the passcode is successfully removed, you should click on the option labeled ‘Done.’
- Now you have completed all the steps so the Screen Time passcode will be removed successfully. As you would have witnessed by now, removing Screen Time passcode is exceptionally easier with Tenorshare 4uKey.
Remove Screen Time passcode by Resetting the device
If you are not concerned about losing all the data stored on your iPhone, you can use this option. Resetting the device will erase all the existing data, but the passcode will be removed easily. So, if you are willing to take that risk, you may follow the steps mentioned below.
After resetting the device, you cannot restore any of your iTunes or iCloud backups as well. That is because your backups contain the passcode, so restoring the backups will recreate the same situation. You must have those consequences in mind before performing this method. With that said, let’s take a look at the steps on resetting your iPhone and remove Screen Time passcode.
- First, you should launch the ‘Settings‘ app on your device. Then, you should choose the option called ‘General.’ After that, you can find an option called ‘Reset‘; tap on it. These steps will lead to the settings of the iPhone reset process.
- Once the new screen opens up, you should tap on the option labeled ‘Erase All Content and Settings.’ Then, it will allow you to remove all the content on the iOS device. As a result, the passcode of the Screen Time feature will be removed from the device.
- You can then follow the on-screen instructions. Then, you will get the Screen Time password removed from the device.
Now you know how to remove Screen Time passcode from your iPhone. You can use any of the above methods to accomplish your task. However, resetting the device completely can be recommended for users who don’t have any important data on their devices. If you are worried about losing your precious data, Tenorshare 4uKey – iTunes Backup is the best option to use.