“Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid.” Does this message look familiar? Have you already come across that message and looking for a solution? If so, keep reading because this article explains how to fix it without much trouble.
What’s “Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid” error?
In fact, there are two types of “Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid” errors. Interestingly, one of those types can hardly be called an error. Technically, it’s a trap to grab some money from users, and you must be smart enough to avoid it. However, if you see the same error constantly, you must find a solution to fix this error.
There can be several reasons behind Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid error. For instance, it can be due to a virus attack that came from a website you have recently visited. If not, it can be an error on Safari itself.
No matter what the cause is, the remedies we explain in this guide will help you overcome them.
Part 1: Determine the type of “Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid” error you get
Before finding a solution, it is important to determine the type of error you get. Keep reading this section to get a better idea about it.
The “Fake” error
Let’s try to figure out the “fake” error first. Do you see the error on your iPhone in the form of a website popup? If that is the case with you, that can be a strong sign of a “Fake” error. In fact, it might be a trap set by a scammer to grab some money from you. As per this error, you will be tricked to provide your financial or other information. After that, they will find a way to scam some money from your online accounts or other means.
When the website shows those popup messages that appear like official errors, you must be very careful. Also, the context of the message can vary depending on the location from where you access the internet. In fact, the message can come with different languages as well to convince you.
If you can identify the error as a “Fake” one, you should never tap on any message or button. Instead, get your device checked by an expert so they will take necessary actions to remove the virus.
The “Real” error
Do you get the real “Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid” error? If so, there are some steps to follow and get it fixed by yourself.
Part 2: How to fix “Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid” error?
In this part, we will explain how to fix this issue for good. All these fixes are applied whenever the “Real” issue appears on your iOS device.
01. Check if the internet connection is working
Just take a close look at the error message “Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid.” As per the error message itself, your iOS device is not able to access the web address. In fact, one of the common reasons behind this issue is a faulty or inactive internet connection. So, checking whether the internet connection is working properly should be your first attempt to resolve this issue. So, check if you have enough data, the router is working, and you are connected to a data network.
02. Refresh the respective Safari page
Another possible fix to address this issue is refreshing the respective Safari page on the device. As you know, this is a very simple method; just tap on the refresh icon at the top-right corner.
03. Exit Safari browser and relaunch it
In certain instances, the browser may experience some minor glitches due to various reasons. This can happen, especially when you use the browser for a pretty long period without closing it. So, if that is the case with you, you should simply close the browser and relaunch it. Then, go to the URL and see if it works.
04. Restart the iOS device
Sometimes, the device itself can experience minor glitches and prevent Safari from accessing the internet. In that case, you may be able to overcome the issue simply by restarting the device. In fact, restarting an iOS device can fix a variety of minor issues and give it a fresh start.
To restart an iPhone, you should press its power button for a couple of seconds and hold it. Once the device is turned off, you should wait for a couple of seconds and press the same button. After restarting the device, you should relaunch Safari and try to visit the webpage.
05. Clear the Cache of Safari
If you are yet to succeed, you should try and remove the Safari cache as well. When you use a browser for a long period, data can accumulate in Cache and cause various issues. In that case, cleaning the cache is the best move to overcome the issue. Here’s how to clear cache and fix “Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid” error.
- Go to the “Settings” on your iPhone and choose “Safari.” Then, tap on the option called “Clear History and Website Data.”
- You can then tap on “Clear History and Data” once it is prompted on the screen.
- You can go to the website once again and see if you can access it.
06. Change the DNS settings on your device
If there is something wrong with the DNS server on your device, you cannot access web content as expected. In other words, DNS errors can trigger issues like “Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid.” So, the obvious solution to address that matter is changing the DNS servers. You should follow up below guide in order to change your DNS settings.
- Go to the “Settings” on your iPhone & choose “Wi-Fi.” Then, tap on the icon that has a small “i” letter, which is next to the Wi-Fi icon.
- Now, you can tap on “Configure DNS” on the new screen that appears.
- You can then go to “Manual” and tap on the option called “Add Server.” Then, you can add manual DNS servers manually as listed below,
- DNS in USA/North America: 220.127.116.11
- DNS in the European region: 18.104.22.168
- DNS in the Asian region: 22.214.171.124
- DNS in other regions: 126.96.36.199
- Once you have configured the DNS manually, you should tap on “Save” and save the changes.
07. Repair the iOS device if the error has caused by a system issue
If the problem is still there, it might be due to an error in your device itself. In that case, the issue might be a complicated one, so you cannot resolve it manually. To address the issue, you should check the system files of the iOS device. However, you cannot do it unless you have professional knowledge in handling iOS devices.
But the good news is that there is a special software tool you can use to address those issues. This tool is called Tenorshare ReiBoot, and it stands well ahead of other tools of its kind. ReiBoot comprises plenty of features and a very powerful algorithm to address issues related to your iOS device, such as this accessory may not be supported error. You don’t need to have a professional knowledge to handle this software, thanks to its user-friendly interface.
This tool comes with a unique feature called Repair Operating System to fix issues on your device’s OS. Please follow to get rid of the errors on your iOS device.
- First, download and install Tenorshare ReiBoot on the computer. You can then connect the faulty device into the same computer using the original cable. Then, you should launch the software and click on the option called “Repair Operating System.” This option can be found on the home screen itself.
- You should click on the option called “Fix Now” once the new screen appears.
- Then, click on the button labeled “Download,” so the firmware of the respective device will be downloaded.
- Now, the software will start the repairing process. It will scan your device and fix all the glitches and make the device functioning smooth. You should wait until the process is completed, and that’s it!
Conclusion on How to Fix ‘Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid’
So, that’s how to fix “Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid” error. If you use professional software like Tenorshare ReiBoot, you can fix a variety of errors without much hassle. Moreover, it is a very safe way to repair your iOS device as it is recommended by many professionals. Do you know better ways to fix this annoying issue? If so, please let us know in the comments section below. We would love to hear your feedback.