Samsung FRP Helper is a free tool compatible with Windows, and it can be used to remove FRP. Here, let’s learn how to use this tool and bypass FRP on a Samsung device. In addition to that, we will reveal a powerful alternative to achieve the same results.
What is FRP?
FRP stands for the term “Factory Reset Protection.” In fact, it is an extra layer of security added to Android smartphones and tabs. This specific feature is used to prevent someone from resetting your device without providing Google account details. As long as this feature is there, you cannot factory reset your device without providing those credentials. This feature becomes very handy if you have lost your device.
So, this works as a very handy shield that prevents other parties from deleting your data. Despite the exceptional usefulness of FRP in terms of security, it can even become a problem. For instance, it can prevent you from resetting the device if you have forgotten the Google Account’s password. That means, if you have forgotten your Google Account’s password, you cannot perform a factory reset on your device.
If you are facing the same issue, you will have to choose a way to bypass this lock. This is exactly when users tend to search for various tools that bypass FRP. Samsung FRP Helper is one of those tools that claim to have the ability to bypass the lock. It comes as a free tool and can remove FRP lock in your Samsung device upon resetting it.
Part 1: How to bypass FRP using Samsung FRP Helper
To learn how to bypass FRP, here’s how to use Samsung FRP Helper and bypass your Samsung device’s FRP. You should follow the steps mentioned below and learn how to get it done.
- First, you should download Samsung FRP Helper on your Windows computer.
- In fact, Samsung FRP Helper doesn’t require any installation. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about following an installation process. So, just open the downloaded file with administrator privileges on your computer.
- If the respective file is downloaded in the ZIP format, you should extract it through an extraction tool. In this case, please use a tool like 7Zip or WinRAR, and both of those tools are free.
- There are two methods to proceed with this option. You can either go with the “Call Method” or “ADB Method.” However, the method we suggest is the ADB method (and it is the recommended way).
- Now, you will have to connect the device to the same PC using the USB cable. You should click on the option called “Read Info,” which is located at the bottom of the window. Then, you should allow the operation to be completed.
- Once you have read the information that is presented, you should click on the option called “Remove FRP.” It appears in the form of a button on the main window of the tool.
- At the completion of the removal of the FRP, you can see that the device is restarting. Once the device is restarted, you should reset the Samsung device to its factory settings.
- You can then launch the Settings app on your Samsung device and then go to Backup and Reset.
- After that, just tap on the option called “Factory Data Reset.”
- Then, you will see a confirmation message. Just confirm the action, so that’s it!
Well, Samsung FRP Helper has some limitations, specifically since it is a free tool. However, if you hope to get it done in a reliable manner, you should use a professional Samsung FRP tool and AddROM APK alternative. In this case, the best option would be Tenorshare 4ukey for Android. Our team of experts had a good look through this software, and we recognize it as the best option. There are various reasons for us to consider as the best. The entire process is highly secured and reliable, so your device is perfectly unlocked. It doesn’t cause any damages to the device. Also, the entire process is very simple, so there is no room for errors.
The user interface of this special tool is exceptionally friendly, even for novice users who know nothing about programming. Compared to Samsung FRP Helper, Tenoreshare FRP Bypass Tool APK can get the job done in a very quick time.
That said, you should follow the instructions below to get the FRP to unlock done.
- Make sure that you download and install Tenorshare 4uKey
- First, please connect your device to your PC using a USB cable.
- You should now connect the respective Samsung device to the same PC using a USB cable.
- Now, you should see that the device is connected, and the software detects it. After that, you should select the option called “Remove Google Lock (FRP)” and then click on “Start.”
- Now, you should enter the information like the name of the device and its brand correctly. You must also ensure that you keep the device connected with the PC until the process is completed.
- Now, you should boot the device into the recovery mode.
- At the completion of booting the device to the recovery mode, you should select the correct information. For instance, you will have to include PDA information. In fact, this information can be found on the recovery screen. You should also enter the country of manufacturing and the carrier network name for which the device is locked.
- After providing all the information, you should click on “Next.”
- Now, you should follow the onscreen instructions. Those instructions will put your device into Download Mode.
- After booting your device into the download mode, you will see that the program downloads the correct firmware. This is essential to boot your device into normal mode once again and remove the lock.
- Once you have done that, the device will be booted into the recovery mode once again. Then, 4uKey will start to remove the Google account lock (FRP) from the respective device. Please note that this process will take some time (about 10 minutes). You should wait for the prompt now (it says, “Google Account has been removed successfully“).
As we have mentioned before, there are several drawbacks and limitations associated with Samsung FRP Helper. So, it is always better to look for a solution that has better performance and reliability. Mentioned below are some of those reasons for you to switch to a solution like Tenorshare 4uKey for Android.
- Samsung FRP Helper does not work with the older Android versions (below Android 7.1.1).
- Samsung FRP Helper requires you to put the device in ADB mode before unlocking it.
If you make a simple mistake while performing this method, the device can even get bricked.
|Features||Samsung FRP Helper||Tenorshare 4uKey Android|
|Chances to brick the device||Yes||No|
|Supports all the Samsung devices||No||Yes|
|Requires to put the device in ADB Mode||Yes||No|
As you may already know, there are many tools you can use to bypass an FRP lock. However, not all those tools do the same job. Some tools may even come with malware and other risks. Also, some tools are there just to collect user information and spam you with advertising. This is particularly true with the online tools that claim to have the ability to unlock the FRP lock. That said, finding a good tool to bypass FRP will not be that easy. Having realized that, we did some research and ended up with the tools mentioned above.
Both Tenorshare 4uKey for Android and Samsung FRP Helper are options you can consider to unlock FRP locks. However, these two tools work in two different ways. Samsung FRP Helper is a free tool that is compatible with the Windows platform. On the other hand, Tenorshare 4uKey is a professional tool that requires a subscription. However, when it comes to aspects like efficiency, performance, and reliability, 4uKey stands well ahead. It doesn’t capture any user information and doesn’t have the risk of bricking the device.