“SIM card is not from Verizon Wireless” can appear periodically as well as constantly. Be the issue is periodic or constant; getting rid of it should be a primary task. So, are you in search of a proper solution to address this issue? If so, you are reading the correct article.
Part 1: What triggers “SIM card is not from Verizon Wireless” notification?
Before going deep and read the solutions to this issue, it is always better to learn what’s behind it. In fact, in a nutshell, there are two reasons behind this issue.
● REASON 01:
The device is locked, so it works only with Verizon Wireless. You have removed Verizon’s SIM card and inserted a different one from another carrier.
● REASON 02:
You have unlocked your device from Verizon Wireless. However, you have not configured the correct APN. As a result, the device cannot connect to the Verizon network as you expect.
One of the above reasons will cause “SIM card is not from Verizon Wireless” error on your device. Regardless of that, let’s take a look at the solutions to get rid of this error.
Part 2: Solutions for “SIM card is not from Verizon Wireless” issue
Now that you know the possible reasons behind the issue. Let’s take a look at the possible fixes. In fact, we have tested a few ways and found them to be effective. So, you don’t have to go around and search for possible solutions anywhere else. Instead, you can just use this article as a guide. Then, follow the solutions depending on the reasons we have mentioned above and resolve the issue. The methods we have mentioned below are safe.
● If your device experiences “SIM card is not from Verizon Wireless” due to REASON 01
Is your device experiencing the “SIM card is not from Verizon Wireless” issue due to the above “Reason 01“? In other words, is the issue caused because it is locked to Verizon Wireless? Well, just like most carriers, Verizon comes with a specific unlocking policy. This specific policy tells which customers can unlock devices provided by Verizon. The most important part of this is that it doesn’t include everyone. Also, the process is pricier than one would expect.
So, many individuals are looking for some alternatives to unlock their devices that are locked with Verizon Wireless. They want an IMEI to unlock service to unlock Verizon devices quickly. Then, that should allow you to fix the “SIM card is not from Verizon Wireless” issue. In this case, you can consider using a service like DirectUnlocks.
Mentioned below are some of the reasons why you should use DirectUnlocks.
- It will help you to get rid of the carrier locks remotely, and it is done by professionals.
- It utilizes a safe and legal process to unlock the carrier locks in your device.
- You can use it to unlock various carriers from different countries across the globe.
- This service lets you insert a different SIM card from other carriers without experiencing any hassle.
- DirectUnlocks can unlock devices locked with Verizon Wireless within 24 hours.
- To assure the quality of their service, they offer a money-back guarantee in case of a failed attempt.
Well, the above points we have mentioned above show the capabilities of the service. In a nutshell, it is one of the best services in the industry for carrier service unlocking. If you want to learn how to make use of this service, mentioned below is a guideline.
01. As the first step, you should visit the official page of DirectUnlocks Verizon Network Unlock.
02. You can now use the existing drop-down menu to select the device and the country.
03. Now, you should type the IMEI number of the device and click on the option called “Continue.”
04. That will proceed to the payment options.
If you don’t know how to retrieve the IMEI number of the device, there is a code to use. You should type *#06# on the device (as if you are dialing a number). Then, you should simply see the EMEI number on the screen.
05. After making the payment requested by the service, you can track the progress of the order. Moreover, the good news is that it delivers the results within 24 hours after the payment.
So, as you can realize, the process is pretty simple. All you need is to offer the key information that is required by the website. Once the carrier lock is disabled, you will not see the “SIM card is not from Verizon Wireless” message. In other words, you can use any SIM card on that device without any issue.
● If you are troubled because of the REASON 02, read this solution on
This is the second instance in which you may experience “SIM card is not from Verizon Wireless” issue. In this case, the device is unlocked, but it doesn’t work with any SIM card other than Verizon. This situation applies to you, listed below are the solutions you should try and resolve the issue.
Solution 01: Configure your APN
When it comes to mobile phone technology, it utilizes a special aspect called Access Point Names. This is often identified as APN. This is required to establish a connection between the carrier, device, and the internet. You should know that every carrier comes with a different APN. Some of those devices can even come with multiple APN settings. That would be possible, particularly if it has a Pay As You Go or Pay Monthly Plan.
So, is the device unlocked, and do you want to use a different SIM card other than Verizon? If that is the case, you should configure the APN settings correctly in order to make it work. Otherwise, you will start to see “SIM card is not from Verizon Wireless” issue constantly.
The APN information varies from one SIM card to another. So, you should do a bit of research before configuring the APN settings related to those SIM cards. Finding the APN information is exceptionally easier today, thanks to the internet.
Configuring the APN for T-Mobile Service
To make things clearer, we intend to explain how to configure APN settings related to the T-Mobile carrier. We strongly recommend you to read all this information very carefully when proceeding. If you make a single mistake, the settings will not be applied. As a result, the network connection will not function as you expect. Also, the formatting of the information is exceptionally important. The information you enter is case-sensitive as well. So, be sure to have this in mind and follow the instructions clearly to get it done. With that said, mentioned below are the steps to follow.
01. Tap on the “Settings” app and open the app to begin the process. After that, you should go to the option called “Mobile Network Settings.”
02. Then, you should select the option called “Access Point Names” (it may appear as APN too). Then, you should tap the icon that has a “+” sign.
03. Now, you must enter the following information into the fields that are already provided.
- Name: T-Mobile
- APN: Fast.t-mobile.com (for LTE devices) or epc.tmobile.com (for non-LTE devices)
- MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
- MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
- MCC: 310
- MNC: 260
- APN Type: default, supl, mms
- APN Protocol: IPv4
- APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4
- Bearer: Unspecified
04. Be sure that you check all the information you have entered, so they are correct. If everything looks fine, just tap on the option labeled “Save.” This option is located towards the top of the screen. Then, check if the “SIM card is not from Verizon Wireless” error is still appearing.
If you want to check for the APN for a different network carrier, perform a Google search. For instance, when it comes to AT&T, you should Google search using the keyword AT&T APN. Likewise, you can check for any other network carrier.
In certain cases, the APN settings can be locked by Verizon. If that is the case, there will be a conflict. You cannot bypass it unless you root the device. So, you should root the respective device and install a special app. The name of this app is “Build Prop Editor.” With the assistance of this app, you can access the system files without facing any problem. As a result of that, you can gain access to the APN settings as well. After changing the APN, the device should work without any trouble.
By the way, if you iPhone no service, here are the best fixes for you.
Solution 02: Force Stop the Activation Agent (It’s not a permanent solution)
For many users, rooting the device is not the most suitable option. In fact, rooted devices often cause various security issues. If that is the case, you should try this solution, which is relatively safer. However, you must also know that this is a temporary solution. After all, this option allows you to overcome “SIM card is not from Verizon Wireless” temporary at the least. Mentioned below is how to get it done.
01. First, you should launch the “Settings” app and then go to the option called “Applications.” Then, choose the option called “Applications Manager” as well.
02. Now, observe the “Running” tab and see if any app from Verizon and Activation Agent is running. If you see them running, be sure to disable them.
03. Now, you should exit the “Settings” app.
Please note that this process will take some time before allowing you to verify if it works or not. Also, you must know that all Android devices are configured in a specific way. As a result, the processes will be rebooted. That is because the system considers those processes as very important. So, if you see those notifications appear even after the above steps, that’s normal. Therefore, the method is not 100% perfect. As long as you are prepared to repeatedly go through the same steps, this method might be good. Many users say that they have experienced the issue repeatedly even after the configurations.
However, if the device is unlocked, the best solution is to use DirectUnlocks and get your device unlocked. It doesn’t get your device compromised. Also, the process is faster and reliable. To make it more reliable, you are given a 30-day money-back guarantee as well. So, that’s how to fix the “SIM card is not from Verizon Wireless” issue.