SMSPeeper is a text spy application that lets you view text messages of a mobile number without accessing the target device. In this SMS Peeper review, we will discuss every aspect of SMS Peeper.
Also, examine whether this application functions as advertised or not. To provide you with more options, we will compare SMSPeeper with another text spying application, KidsGuard Pro. So, let’s get started with our review.
Part 1: Introduction to SMS Peeper
SMS Peeper is an application that lets you monitor someone else’s text messages. This spy application tracks both outgoing and incoming text messages without the knowledge of the target device’s owner. Users can use this tool without downloading the application on the monitored device.
When we talk about the earliest tracking solutions, SMSPeeper is one of its kind. This application will show 100 records of the text messages. Out of the total, 50 text messages are incoming, and the rest are outgoing. Apart from the text messages, users can monitor the mobile number of recipients or senders.
In the next sections, learn how this innovative spy tool works and its advantages and drawbacks.
Part 2: How Does SMSPeeper Function?
For using SMS Peeper, users just have to know the phone number of the target device and go through the instructions listed below. This application will access its text database archive and show the gathered results one at a time.
Steps to use SMSPeeper for Monitoring Text Messages:
Step 1: Go to SMS Peeper
First, you need to go to the official website of SMS Peeper. Enter the mobile number along with the country that you like to monitor. Also, enter your valid email address. After clicking on ‘Get Messages,’ the application will immediately populate all the texts on that number.
Step 2: Select ‘Show Messages’
After that, you can view up to 100 messages, where 50 are incoming, and 50 are outgoing. To read a text, you must select the ‘Show Messages‘ option.
Step 3: Choose ‘Download Code’
Now, you need to enter a code. Tap on the ‘Download Code‘ option and follow some steps to receive this activation code:
- Select ‘Download Code‘ present on the left. Users will then be redirected to a page having the code, like tinyfileshost.com
- Tap on the black-colored tab called ‘Download File.’
- Select one survey or offer from the list and enter valid details there. After completing the survey or offer, downloading the code file will automatically start.
- Now, put the downloaded code in the box and tap on the ‘Show Messages‘ button.
Step 4: Check the text messages
After you have entered that code, you can see the messages, the sender’s or recipient’s name, and the date and time when the text was sent or received.
Part 3: Reasons Why You Should Go With SMS Peeper
As a message spy application, SMSPeeper is quite popular and well-admired for several reasons. The reasons include:
- The application is available for free. Users just have to complete some surveys to get all the information.
- The instructions are pretty simple to follow. Users do not need to download any application on the monitored device or even access it to intercept the text messages.
- Users do not need to register for an account.
- The technology to spy messages can hardly be discovered.
Part 4: Reasons Why You Should Avoid SMSPeeper
SMS Peeper works well for populating text messages from the given mobile number until you are required to put in the code for reading the text messages. This is where many users get stuck.
Many users claim that when they select ‘Download Code,’ they are expected to download programs or take surveys instead of receiving a code.
However, some users even report downloading the programs, taking surveys, or purchasing something; the receiving code does not work. Plus, they will be required to enter their email address and full name to complete the survey. This means that your details might be exposed.
When testing SMSPeeper, we even received some spam emails. We also encountered a few database errors, where you see a blank screen with no results. Except for all the listed cons, SMS Peeper works to monitor only text messages.
If you like to monitor other data like call history, contacts, social applications, location, etc., then you will need a professional tool like KidsGuard Pro.
Part 5: Best Alternative to SMS Peeper – KidsGuard Pro
If you are searching for a better alternative to SMSPeeper to track the SMS of someone else, then KidsGuard Pro is what you need.
KidsGuard Pro is better than SMS Peeper as you do not have to go through countless hoops to get text messages. This ultimate spying tool works behind the scene on the target device to provide you with all the information you need about it.
For this monitoring tool, users will need to download the application on the device they would like to monitor. It should be very easy if you are close to the target user. After installing the application, you can track all types of data, including text messages, remotely.
Unique Characteristics of KidsGuard Pro:
- This application lets you monitor over 25 kinds of data, such as social media apps, incoming calls, GPS, contacts, and more.
- KidsGuard Pro can also track the location of the monitored device in real-time.
- It is completely safe and simple to use. It does not affect your device’s data.
- The tool works in a stealth mode, where the device owner will not know about being monitored.
- This monitoring tool supports all iOS and Android OS versions. Users do not need to jailbreak or root the device to use it.
Part 6: How to Monitor Text Messages Remotely with KidsGuard Pro
Here’s a guide to using KidsGuard Pro in the right manner. Please note that the message monitoring feature of KidsGuard Pro works only for Android devices.
To monitor text messages remotely, users first need physical access to the target device they like to monitor for a few minutes.
Steps to monitor text messages using KidsGuard Pro:
Step 1: Make a new account
First, you need to make a new account on the official site of KidsGuard Pro. This account lets you control everything. For doing so, tap on the tab ‘Sign Up.’
Enter your valid email address and other information needed to create the account. Also, you must buy a premium subscription plan to access this program’s features.
Step 2: Download KidsGuard Pro
Next, you must visit www.clevguard.net from any web browser on the target device. From there, download the KidsGuard Pro.
Once done, run the application and provide some basic user details. Now, follow the setup wizard to provide the application with the permissions it requires on the monitored device.
Step 3: Check the text messages
Now, visit the official website of KidsGuard Pro again and then connect the monitored device. Here, you will come across different kinds of data. Tap on ‘Messages’ to check the text messages of the target device.
To check the details of any specific text, tap on it to expand it. Now, you will see the text along with the date and time it was received or sent.
Part 7: Another Great Alternative to SMS Peeper – mSpy
Another great alternative to SMSPeeper that you can go with is mSpy. This is a parental control tool that comes with various monitoring features to offer extensive spying experience. So, here are some reasons why you should try mSpy:
1. Monitor messaging applications: With mSpy, users can track various messaging applications, including SMS. Keeping an eye on someone’s text messages could reveal much information. However, not all kids communicate via SMS. Most teenagers use social media to chat with friends and post pictures.
mSpy lets you check social apps like Instagram, KIK, and Snapchat. The tool derives data regularly from the account. Using mSpy, users can read the messages remotely and access group chats.
2. Get location logs: mSpy is not just an activity tracking tool. This application features GPS location monitoring to offer real-time GPS location of your children. The software stores location logs and saves them in your mSpy account.
Furthermore, users can create geofencing on the target device. Geofence refers to a particular area where your kids spend most of their time. The tool notifies you when your kids leave or enter the geofence.
3. Examine extensive reports: mSpy collects activity logs and saves them in the Control Panel. This tool does not delete previous data. So, users can review everything any time they want.
mSpy even offers an option for receiving comprehensive reports. These reports contain information on certain activities. The tool will generate reports and send them to the Control Panel. By examining regular reports, users can find several important details and comprehend their child’s activities.
Part 8: Comparison Between SMS Peeper, KidsGuard Pro, and mSpy
To give you a better idea, we have prepared a comparison table between KidsGuard Pro and SMS Peeper. This is going to help you choose a better application for phone monitoring.
|Features||SMS Peeper||KidsGuard Pro||mSpy|
|Monitor text messages remotely||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Number of texts that can be viewed||100 (the latest ones)||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Contact person’s name||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Social media app messages||No||Yes||Yes|
|Data syncing in real-time||Easy||Easy||Easy|
So, SMSPeeper is a good application for checking someone’s SMS messages, but it has some limitations. You cannot monitor anything other than SMS with SMS Peeper. Go with its alternatives like KidsGuard Pro and mSpy.
These applications let you monitor all the activities on the target device, including location, social media apps, contacts, and whatnot!
Now, download any of these applications and start phone monitoring hassle-free.