Today’s cyber criminals have been equipped with the skills and knowledge for retrieving all pertinent files and data on your device even after you have erased everything from the memory of your gadget. While you can always choose from the different data recovery tools that you can find on the market right now, there are times when the usual factory reset is no longer enough to give you the confidence that you are completely safe from any malicious intent. If you want to protect yourself and your data, an Android data eraser software is exactly what you need.
In case you have plans to sell, donate, or even recycle your good old Android devices, you might want to run an Android data eraser software first to ensure that nothing will be retrieved from your device once it reaches the hands of its new owner. Below are the top choices of data eraser software for Android devices that you can count on to help you in safe keeping your personal data.
Top 1 Android Data Eraser Software: Dr.Fone – Android Data Eraser
You will never want any of your phone data to fall into the hands of fraudulent criminals, identity thefts, or other illegitimate persons for that matter. As mentioned earlier, it may never be enough just to perform the usual factory reset. For all you know, the person to whom you sold your Android phone can still recover your emails, photos, contact details, Google searches, and text messages. When data retrieval is so simple for anyone even if you have deleted things already, you have to ensure that your data will stay safe and secure after you part from your precious device.
Dr.Fone – Android Data Eraser is one of the most powerful software programs which will allow you to erase all of your pertinent data for good from your Android device so that there will be no way to recover it later on. This software is found to be compatible with over 3,000 Android devices of all the major brands in the market today.
For a total protection of your privacy, Dr.Fone – Android Data Eraser can reset your gadget like it is brand new all over again with a single click. It is a permanent action, so you don’t have to worry that others will try to apply their own data recovery tools on your device.
Features of Dr.Fone – Android Data Eraser
This Android data eraser software will let you completely erase all your data on your Android device to protect your privacy:
- Wipe your Android device permanently and completely.
- Click through and simple process.
- Supports all of the Android devices you can find on the market.
- Erase contacts, photos, call logs, messages, and all of your private data.
- Also available on Windows.
- This is easy and simple to use.
- You can permanently delete all data.
- This is affordable.
- It is compatible with most Android devices.
- Not available for free.
Steps to Use Dr.Fone – Android Data Eraser
Follow these steps below so that you can erase all of your data on your Android device in the best way possible:
2. Connect your Android phone to your computer using a good quality of USB cable.
See to it that you already activated your Android phone’s USB debugging. When your Android version is over 4.2.2, you are going to receive a pop-up message on your Android phone which will ask for your permission for activating the USB debugging. You can click on the OK option then proceed. When the connection is being established, never open other management software on your device yet.
3. You can then start to erase the data on your Android phone.
The Dr.Fone – Android Data Eraser is going to recognize your gadget then connect to it. Start erasing the data on your device by clicking on Erase All Data tab. Once the data has been erased, your gadget will now become a brand new device.
4. Since there is no way that you or other people will be recovering the data you deleted, you have to ensure that you have backed up all of your important data before wiping it.
Type in Delete in the box provided to verify the operation. Before erasing, see to it that you close all the apps running in the background like music, navigation, and others. When your device starts to update, you should allow it to complete the process then backup your device. This Android data eraser software will then erase the data from your device in a matter of minutes. See to it that you don’t disconnect your device or open any other management software in your PC.
5. After the data have been totally erased, the Dr.Fone – Android Data Eraser is then going to request you to click on Factory Data Reset option on your device.
It is done for the purpose of wiping off all the data totally from your device. There might be a need for you to open first the Settings of your Android device manually then proceed with the Factory Reset. It is being done to ensure that your system data and settings will be totally wiped off. After you finished erasing, your device is going to be like a new one all over again that you can confidently hand over to its new owner.
Top 2 Android Data Eraser Software: iSkysoft Data Eraser
This Android data eraser software is designed with a secure algorithm, which ensures any data deleted from your Android phone or tablet will be unable to be retrieved, regardless of the data recovery tools used. iSkysoft Data Eraser can wipe everything on your Android device permanently so that you’re protected when you’re selling off or hand down your Android device or not vulnerable to the digital attacks.
iSkysoft Data Eraser is also easy to use and comes with a streamlined UI and provides adequate online documentation. The user interface is user-friendly, primarily thanks to its modern & straightforward layout and visual design. While there’s no user manual provided locally, those who require a bit of assistance may consult the available documentation on the homepage of the product that can be accessed from the Preferences menu.
Overall, iSkysoft Data Eraser is a beneficial piece of software, which enables you to wipe the storage of your phone and optimize your Android device in different ways. It also offers other tools that are available when you are connecting to some devices.
Features of iSkysoft Data Eraser
- Overwrite residual data left conveniently after being deleted from your device.
- Erase unwanted or unused data easily, so you’ll have more storage space.
- Delete each file and personal data completely on your device with just simple click.
- Supports both iOS and Android.
- Good desktop assistant.
- Never give you the option to pick what to delete.
- A haphazard interface.
How to Use iSkySoft Data Eraser
First and foremost, download and install the iSkysoft Data Eraser on the computer and connect Android to your Windows PC via USB cable. This Android data eraser software will detect your phone and show the details of the device in the main interface. Then please click the button “Erase All Data” and “Erase Now“. iSkysoft Data Eraser will do all the job for you.
Top 3 Android Data Eraser Software: iSkysoft Phone Transfer
iSkysoft Phone Transfer isn’t an exclusive Android data eraser software; it’s more of a transfer and copy type of program. Nevertheless, its feature called Erase Your Old Phone will do the job of Android data erase program. Plus, if you find yourself changing the devices often and have to copy and transfer every contact, music, photo, history of calls and SMS, application, and SMS, this could be the best choice for you.
How to Use iSkysoft Phone Transfer to Erase Data on Android Phone?
- Through iSkysoft Phone Transfer, you only have to install the program.
- Then, connect your Android device and then choose the “Erase All Data”. That’s it.
Tips: For Phone to Phone Data Transfer feature, both Android phones should be connected at the same time, which just means that you cannot use iSkysoft Phone Transfer to backup your phone’s contents and transfer them at a later time. If you can keep both Android devices for the transfer, you will be pleased with how easy this Android data eraser software.
The clean, neat interface makes it simple to see that your phones are connected, and the tool walks you through any necessary steps you will have to take like enabling USB debugging mode on Android phone before the process of transfer is completed.
Like most applications used for erasing data, iSkysoft Phone Transfer also has several limits. Just make sure to backup some of your important data when transferring or deleting. With this, you can be assured that some of your files are kept safe and won’t get lost.
Features of iSkysoft Phone Transfer
- Uncompromised quality like keeping the original quality of the media files.
- Delete, erase existing and deleted Android, iOS data completely permanently.
- The amazing ability to work with the network-locked phones.
- Inclusive support of the majority of operating systems including Symbian, Windows, iOS, and Android.
- Organize and transfer each detail in the contact file automatically including job titles, email addresses, company names, and so on.
- Comprehensive ability in transferring contacts, music, call history, SMS, videos, apps, and pictures.
- User-friendly interface.
- Support a wide variety of networks and devices.
- Easy to use.
- Multi-platform compatibility.
- Paid software.
Even if there are tons of options, you can choose from when it comes to Android data eraser software, each of these has security practices and can do the job well. But, it is always wise to shop around first for you to know which one would work best for your needs.