It’s time to give up the inconvenient way to transfer your data from iPad to Android phone. Wise men will choose the dr.fone – Switch to sync files from iPad Air/iPad Mini/iPad Pro to Android devices directly.
Want to transfer photos taken on Halloween on your iPad Pro/iPad Air/iPad Mini to your mother’s Android phone? You will find it is very hard to transfer those data directly in a very short time. There are might have some free methods to solve your problem. How about trying this highly recommends software named the dr.fone – Switch?
Method 1: Free way to transfer data from iPad to Android
Photos in iPad Camera Roll are the easiest to transfer.
- Step 1. Connect your iPad to your computer through USB cables. Find the DCIM folder.
- Step 2. Connect Android phone to your computer through USB cables. Find its hard drive
- Step 3. Open Android phone’s hard drive and create a photo folder
- Step 4. Copy photos on iPad DCIM to Android photo folder
How to transfer music and videos from iPad Pro/iPad Air/iPad Mini to Android
You can transfer those paid music from iPad to your Android phone through iTunes.
- Step 1. Connect your iPad to your computer and launch the iTunes
- Step 2. Find Authorize This Computer under Store and then type your Apple ID and password for buying music.
- Step 3. Your iPad will show in the left sidebar after being detected. You can find a drop-down list by right clicking your iPad. Then click Transfer Purchased.
- Step 4. Find your iTunes media file folder on computer.
- Step 5. Connect your Android phone or tablet through USB cables and then paste the music and videos on the iTunes media file folder
Note: You may need a format converter software to help you convert some music and videos that can not play on your Android device. Pay attention if you saved some music and videos in format like MOV, M4P, M4R, and M4B.
You’d better choose Google Sync to help you export contacts from iPad to Android phone or tablet. You iPad can run iOS 13/12/11/10/9/8/7/6/5.
Let’s take iOS 9 as an example; you need to follow the next few steps.
- Step 1. Open your iPad and tap “Setting” to find Add Account and then find Google
- Step 2. Log into your Google account
- Step 3. Check the Contacts icon is turned on before you tap “NEXT”
- Step 4. Tap Save and the contact sync
- Step 5. Tap Setting on your Android device
- Step 6. Find Account & sync and type in the account information and then tap Sync Contacts
- Step 7. At last tap “Now to sync”. Contacts are transferred to your Android device
Now learn what to do when you are using iPad with iOS 5/6
- Step 1. Open your iPad and then tap Setting
- Step 2. Find Mails, Contacts, and Calendars and then Add Account
- Step 3. Check Other>Add CardDAV Account
- Step 4. Type your account info
- Step 5. Find “Next” on the top right corner and then turn on Contacts
- Step 6. Open your Android devices, tap “Setting” to find Accounts & sync
- Step 7. Log into your Google account and find Sync Now under Sync Contacts
You should know that not all Android devices support sync Google accounts. So you need to find other method when you can not use Google sync.
If you want to enjoy the same apps in your new Android devices, you should use Google Play to help you (what if Google Play services keep stopping). As the biggest Android app download center, Google Play provides almost all the apps you need.
You may have to pay for some apps on your iPad. In this situation, you can ask the app developer or the app store for help. Maybe you can pay some money to change to the right version for your Android devices.
Method 2. Use the dr.fone Switch to transfer files from iPad Pro/iPad Air/iPad Mini to Android directly
Most people don’t want to waste all day in transferring data from iPad to other devices, or totally lost in the complicated tutorial. They want something can transfer the data they want in a very short time and in a quite convenient way. The dr.fone – Phone Transfer meets all these requirements. Within one simple click, you can move all your contacts, photos, videos and music from one device to another. Even though it is not free, but it is really worth trying.
Now download dr.fone and just enjoy using it.
Step 1. Connect both of your devices to Windows computer
After installing and launching dr.fone on your computer. You need to use USB cables to connect your iPad and Android devices to your computer. The primary window will show both devices side by side. You can find all the functions on its operational interface.
Note: The dr.fone – Switch is fully compatible with Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Blackberry and Symbian.
Step 2. Transfer data from iPad to Android directly
In the middle of the primary window, you can the contents list. Check those data you want to transfer. All the rest you need to do is click “Start Transfer” and left dr.fone Switch does its job.
See, you don’t need to be an expert to handle dr.fone. This tool can also help you get rid of the risk of losing data. Even different format music and videos can be converted automatically.
Note: All texts in iMessages on your iPad can be exported to the Android phone.