Unless you’re willing to pay for every video or movie that you want to watch on your iPad, then you have to learn how to transfer video to the iPad.
With older iOS devices, it has been a very difficult task, but fortunately, newer devices and updated iOS features have made the ability to transfer MP4 to an iPad a very easy task to do.
In this article, we’re going to be showing you some of the best solutions out there for transferring videos to an iOS device without iTunes and will also be showing you how to do it using iTunes, so let’s jump right into it.
The first method which we’re going to be showing you takes advantage of the data management features which dr.fone – Phone Manager (iOS) offers its users. This straightforward method will get all of your MP4 files onto your iPad in no time at all.
For you to use this method you must first have dr.fone downloaded and installed on your computer, so make sure that you have done so before starting the guide below.
Step #1 – After you have the program downloaded and installed on your computer, connect your iPad and launch dr.fone.
Step #2 – Click the “Transfer” button and then dr.fone Transfer will then recognize your device and initialize it before the home page is displayed.
Step #3 – From the home page of dr.fone, click on the “Videos” tab which is located on the top panel. This will show you all of the video files which are currently stored on the connected device.
Step #4 – Click on the “Add” button, followed by “Add File“.
Step #5 – This will open up a “File Explorer” window, and from here, you will be able to browse your computer’s files and select the video file which you want to transfer to your iPad.
Step #6 – Simply select the video file, click “Open“, and it will be added to your iPad in no time at all.
As you can see, this is a very simple method and makes a once difficult job, very easy. Below we’ve provided a short breakdown of the pros and cons of using dr.fone to transfer video to iPad.
- dr.fone is the best option when it comes to iTunes alternatives as it comes with a very diverse collection of features.
- On top of being able to transfer MP4 to iPad, you can use dr.fone-Backup&Restore to take backups of your device’s data and restore those backups if need be.
- dr.fone prioritizes data management, and there are several features that can be used to organize your device’s data. One of these features is the ability to clean your music library and fill in missing music information (e.g. ID3 tags, artist names, album covers, etc.)
- In order for you to get an idea of what each of the features is like, a free limited version of the program is available.
- dr.fone is a premium program so for you to take advantage of all the features, you must purchase a paid version.
In the second method, we are going to be focusing on FoneTrans and are going to be showing you how you can take advantage of this program and use it to transfer video to iPad without iTunes.
You will be required to use FoneTrans for this method so make sure that the program is downloaded and installed before following these steps.
Step #1 – Once you have FoneTrans open, connect your iPad using the appropriate USB cable.
Step #2 – On FoneTrans, click on the “Media” drop-down menu and below it, click on “Movies“. This will display all of the videos which are currently stored on your iPad.
Step #3 – At the top of the program, click on “Add“. A file explorer window will appear which will allow you to select any of the videos which are stored on your computer which you want to transfer onto the iPad.
Step #4 – Once you’ve selected the videos which you want to transfer video to the iPad, click on the “Open” button.
Step #5 – If you have selected a video that doesn’t have a compatible format with your iPad, you will receive a warning message and will be asked if you want the video file to be converted.
Step #6 – After the video file has been converted, it will be added to your iPad, and you’ll be able to watch your videos on your iPad without running into any issues.
Similar to the first method, there isn’t too much to this method, and you can transfer video to an iPad in just a matter of minutes.
- FoneTrans is focused on data management, so all of the features which it includes are incredibly useful.
- On top of being able to transfer video to iPad with FoneTrans, you can also transfer a wide range of other data too.
- Unlike dr.fone, FoneTrans isn’t as diverse regarding features and is limited to only data management features. However, each of these features works flawlessly.
- To get full access to the program you must purchase it, but a free trial version is available.
Before we wrap this article up, we’re going to show you the most basic method which will allow you to transfer video to an iPad. This is an unpopular method since you must use iTunes – a poorly performing iOS data management program.
Before you jump into the steps below, make sure that you have downloaded and installed iTunes on your computer.
Step #1 – Launch iTunes on your computer and connect your iPad using the appropriate USB cable.
Step #2 – On iTunes, click on the “File” tab at the top-left of the program, followed by “Add File to Library“.
Step #3 – Next, locate the video file which you want to transfer to your iPad and click “Open” to have it added to your video library.
Step #4 – Now that the video is in your library, it’s time to have it transferred to the iPad. Select your device from the iTunes menu and select “Movies” from the iPad’s options.
Step #5 – You will be shown all of the movies which are currently stored in your iTunes library. Check the “Sync Movies” box at the top of the display, and select the video which you want to transfer video to the iPad.
Step #6 – Lastly, click on the “Apply” button at the bottom of iTunes and the video will be transferred to your iPad.
The majority of iPad users, or anyone who owns an iOS device for that matter, will avoid using iTunes at all costs. iTunes isn’t updated very often and is a very ineffective program, which is why we highly recommend that you use one of the other three programs which we’ve introduced you to in this article to transfer video to iPad. That being said, it is free and very easy for iOS users to get their hands on.
- iTunes is a free program, so you can use this method to transfer MP4 to an iPad without purchasing third-party software.
- iTunes is the standard iOS data management program.
- iTunes is one of the least popular iOS data management programs out there.
- iTunes isn’t regularly updated and is full of bugs and glitches.
- iTunes is overall an unpleasant program to use.
- Every time that there is an update for iTunes the program takes up more and more space on your computer’s storage device.
Which Solution to Use to Transfer Video to iPad?
Which program you choose to transfer MP4 to iPad is completely up to you. If you are struggling to decide which of the programs we’ve shown you is the best to transfer MP4 to iPad, then there are a few things that you can consider.
Pros and Cons. Weigh out the pros and cons of each program to determine which program is the best based on the features that each of the programs comes with.
Try Each Program for Yourself. The user experience is ultimately what decides whether or not you’ll stick with a program and because of that, the best way to decide which program is the best is to try it out for yourself. After trying out each program and experiencing the different features that they have to offer, you can decide which is the one for you.
If you’re looking for an effective iTunes alternative that has a simplistic interface, straightforward features, and will help you to transfer MP4 to iPad, then all of the programs which we’ve shown you are worth looking into.
Weigh out the pros and cons, familiarize yourself with some of the features which each program has to offer, and finally, select the program which you like the most. In comparison to iTunes, these programs are a godsend.