Thanks to the advancements of information and communication technology, we have plenty of apps to contact each other. WhatsApp has become one of the most popular messaging and VoIP app among all age groups across the globe. It is a feature-rich, fast, and user-friendly app that has become a norm in the world of communication. Despite its smooth and stable function, many individuals say notice a message saying ‘Unfortunately WhatsApp has stopped.’ Here, we will explain how to resolve such a situation and use WhatsApp once again.
As of today, many individuals consider WhatsApp to be their prime mode of communication. They use WhatsApp for personal or business communication throughout the day. The last thing they need is to see ‘Unfortunately WhatsApp has stopped‘ message when starting a conversation. For a WhatsApp user, it is a very handy approach to know how to overcome that issue. Well, the good news is that we explain how to solve that issue for good. So, don’t worry – keep reading this article.
Part 1: What’s the Reason for Unfortunately Whatsapp Has Stopped Message to Pop Up?
It is true that there is no shortage of complaints about ‘Unfortunately WhatsApp has stopped’ message. However, there is no straightforward reason identified as the cause behind this issue as of this writing. So, all we can do is to guess the culprit behind this annoyance and act accordingly.
In fact, there may be several reasons that can stop WhatsApp from working all of a sudden. One of the possible reasons behind this issue is a corrupted or a deleted WhatsApp file. In addition to that, the same issue can occur if you are running an older operating system. When the OS is not compatible with the WhatsApp version, it tends to crash or stop regularly.
Sometimes, WhatsApp can crash due to the influence of malware too. Although the chances are pretty insignificant, you should remember that the possibility is there. Likewise, there may be various other reasons behind this issue.
Part 2: Fixes for ‘Unfortunately Whatsapp Has Stopped’ Issue
If you have seen the Unfortunately WhatsApp has stopped message, you must fix it immediately to connect with others. Regardless of the cause, you can fix it if you follow the guide we provide below. In fact, the most effective and convenient solution to fix this issue is using professional software. In this case, a tool like Tenorshare ReiBoot is the best solution.
Basically, Tenorshare ReiBoot has the ability to repair various issues associated with your iPhone. Black screen of death, a frozen screen, failed iOS update, etc. are only to name a few. In a nutshell, ReiBoot is a must-have utility for any iPhone user to fix a variety of issues instantly. We can use the same tool, therefore, to fix WhatsApp-related issues too. Mentioned below are the steps you should follow in order to fix WhatsApp issues using Tenorshare ReiBoot.
To make things clearer for you, let’s take a look at the most notable features associated with Tenorshare ReiBoot.
- This tool can facilitate one-click operation to Exit or Enter the recovery mode on your device.
- This software is capable of repairing more than 50 issues associated with iOS.
- It can repair issues like Stuck on Apple Logo; Screen will not turn on, frozen iPhone, etc. Also, it can resolve the recovery mode loop as well. Well, that’s a shortlist of issues ReiBoot can address.
- It fixes the iOS device (iPad or an iPhone) if it is freezing or experiencing other unknown issues.
- This software can bring your device back to normal mode without losing any data.
- It works perfectly with the latest iPhone versions. Also, it works with the latest iOS versions.
- As the first step, you should download and install Tenorshare ReiBoot on your computer. Then, you should launch ReiBoot on the computer (it works on both Mac and Windows computers).
- Now, you should connect the faulty device to the same computer. Ensure that you use a genuine lighting cable to connect the computer with the iPhone. If not, you may experience some connectivity issues later on. You can run the software now and tap on the option called ‘iOS System Repair.’ This can be found on the interface itself.
- Now you are ready to repair the system; you will be directed to a different page. This page will show you a special button called ‘Start Repair.’ However, if your device is not detected by the software, you should put the device into recovery mode. To get it done, you should follow the onscreen instructions without any issue at all.
- Now that you have launched the option ‘Standard Repair,’ you should be directed to a new screen. In that new screen, you will be able to see the firmware package that can fix the WhatsApp error. In fact, this new firmware installation will fix all the other issues found in your device. You can simply choose the default folder to select the firmware by using ‘Browser.’ Then, choose the option labeled ‘Download‘ as well.
- Once the firmware package is downloaded on the PC, you can click on the option called ‘Start Standard Repair.’ This will trigger the recovery process of the system. Once the repair is completed, you can check if WhatsApp is working without Unfortunately WhatsApp has stopped error.
Also, click here to find out how to export WhatsApp Chat to PDF with ease.
Part 3: Creating a Backup of Your WhatsApp Data
After noticing the unfortunately WhatsApp has stopped working issue, the obvious fear that will loom around is potential data loss. Many users fear that their WhatsApp data will be erased as a result of this issue. In general, pretty much every user has some important data in their WhatsApp account.
For instance, they have pictures, videos, chat messages, and attachments that they cannot afford to lose under any circumstance. So, the best option, in this case, would be to create a backup of your WhatsApp data. The most effective tool you can use to back up WhatsApp data is Tenorshare iCareFone.
Without a doubt, iCareFone stands well ahead as one of the most promising tools of its kind. It is packed with a large range of features and has a very impressive user-interface. This software can maintain a backup of various files that are saved on your device. That means, it can create a back up of all the WhatsApp data as well. What’s more, this tool is capable of transferring the data from one device to another effortlessly. Well, to give you a better idea about Tenorshare iCareFone, here’s a list of features.
- This special software can transfer all the contents, including videos, photos, music, SMS, etc. without any restriction.
- It is capable of creating a backup of the data (including WhatsApp) and, thereafter restore them.
- It is capable of restoring data selectively to any other device.
- You can use it to perform the one-click transfer of WhatsApp data between different cross-platform devices.
- You can use it to resolve issues associated with iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.).
- It works perfectly with the latest iOS devices that work on all the iOS versions.
Mentioned below are the steps you should follow in order to create a backup using iCareFone.
- To begin the process, you should download and install Tenorshare iCareFone on your computer. You can grab the original software simply by visiting its official website. Then, launch the software to see the main screen of the software.
- Then, you should connect the respective device into the same computer where iCareFone is installed. Make sure that you use the original USB cable. If you use a poor-quality or broken USB cable, you are hardly likely to establish a solid connection. Once the connection is established correctly, the software will recognize the device. Then, you can click on the option called ‘Backup & Restore.’ This will guide you to the next step.
- Once you are directed to a new screen, you can see a variety of data files listed down. In fact, those are the types of files you can find in your device. By default, all the data files will be checked by default. Nevertheless, if you need to back up WhatsApp data only, you should uncheck everything else. Then, check the box next to the option called ‘WhatsApp & Attachments.’
To keep a backup of the other data files as well, you can do it. To get it done, all you should do is to tick the options depending on your requirements.
Basically, You Can Choose Any File Type Without Any Issue.
- Once you have chosen the files and folders, you can move to the process of creating a backup. All you should do now is to head on and press the option called ‘Backup.’
That’s it. As a result of this option, you will be able to create a selective backup without much hassle. You can use this tool instead of conventional backup tools and experience better efficiency.
Also, here, you will find out how to fix iTunes not responding effortlessly.
Conclusion on How to Fix ‘Unfortunately WhatsApp Has Stopped’
No matter how careful we are, issues can occur out of nowhere due to some reason or another. The same theory applies when it comes to a reliable app like WhatsApp as well. In other words, even an app like WhatsApp can crash and give some troubles at times. One of the common issues you may experience as a WhatsApp user is ‘Unfortunately WhatsApp has stopped.’ If you have experienced this issue, you cannot communicate with your WhatsApp contacts, which is a very annoying situation.
So, as a WhatsApp user, you should learn how to fix it for good. In this article, we explained about Tenorshare ReiBoot to overcome various iOS-related issues, including the ‘Unfortunately WhatsApp has stopped‘ issue. In addition to that, we explain about Tenorshare iCareFone as well. It can be used to create selective backups of your data prior to any repair. With that tool, you can create a backup of WhatsApp data as well. Please let us know if you have further questions.